A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 304,868
Currently Running With Scissors:
449 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Aussie Send Us Yer Bits! swap gallery  (Read 16880 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MissMeshell
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2006 06:45:50 AM »

You play with fibre as part of your degree?
You lucky thing! What subject is it?
I'm doing a Bachelor of Arts in Fine Art, and I major and minor in textiles (so both my practical units and my studo work are in textiles). In one of my classes we really play with techniques, and it just so happened that this week we were doing fusing (where you use and fibre and what-not within tulle using textile medium etc.), so it was like fibres gallore Wink

How lucky was that? I was so sad that I got the master felter to craft for me and I didn't have any freaking roving, LOL Grin Now I just have to figure out what to do when next week comes, they're probably expecting some arty thing involving the wool fibre I took, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it, eheh Tongue

I am so excited to see what you come up with! This was the best swap idea Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
twelvety
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2006 04:13:28 PM »

OK, software up and running, here's the excellent goodies jane feebles sent me.

socks, fabric, buttons, webbing type trim (?), beads, a key ring and a post card that says "get your nuts wet", hee hee!

a fantabulous scarf with a map of aus, I am not sure I can do this justice  Undecided

Aaaaaannndddd, the rabbit pelt! I have already had to rescue it off the cat, I am not sure what she was planning on doing with it but she had some kind of 'super horn' for it  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a real big prawn!

wistalicious
http://www.wists.com/twelvety
geek-pride

Hands up if you're over Twilight!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2006 07:17:56 PM »

Aaaaaannndddd, the rabbit pelt! I have already had to rescue it off the cat, I am not sure what she was planning on doing with it but she had some kind of 'super horn' for it  Wink

I just had to laugh at that! I got this mental image of the cat laying on the pelt, kneading her paws into it and purring!  Cheesy

(cyndiq and I should receive each others packs soon... The suspense!!!)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2006 07:19:38 PM by geek-pride » THIS ROCKS   Logged

ElvenOne
She's and Odd One That One...

Ooh! Tasty!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2006 07:25:30 PM »

haha, super horn... oops..! (im thinking that means something it probably doesnt.)

Where on earth did you get a rabbit pelt jane feebles..Huh
(Reminds me of the time my ex step dad used to go ferreting, and I tried to cure (is that the right word) a rabbit skin..... it didnt work Sad Just ended up in a big stiff piece of blah that my dog tried to eat Sad)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

How can we possibly become a strong person, if we have an easy life? The tougher it is, the tougher we have a chance to become if we choose to fight back. Tough times never last but tough people do. - Rick Gettle.

MORE TRUE THAN EVER
twelvety
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2006 08:14:49 PM »

I just had to laugh at that! I got this mental image of the cat laying on the pelt, kneading her paws into it and purring!  Cheesy
Mate, she had some kinda mega cat-horn all purring and drooling a little, I felt kinda bad taking it away from her.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a real big prawn!

wistalicious
http://www.wists.com/twelvety
geek-pride

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2006 06:32:18 PM »

Mate, she had some kinda mega cat-horn all purring and drooling a little, I felt kinda bad taking it away from her.
Eyeuw! She was drooling too? She had it bad!  Cheesy Ha ha ha !

If you have any snippets left over at the end of the swap you should make a little something stuffed with catnip for your cat! She'd love you devotedly forever! (With whatever love was left-over from loving the pelt.)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2006 06:34:29 PM by geek-pride » THIS ROCKS   Logged

jane feebles
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2006 10:11:45 PM »

Oh dear, you give that pelt a good brush down before you send it back,I don't want any bits of cat loving lingering...  Wink
There's a great leather-working shop just near me ElvenOne that has everything you'd ever need for leather, including a fantastic array of all sorts of leathers.  They have everything from your basic cowhide to barramundi leather in acid colours  Smiley I love that place

Oh, and twelvety you can keep that postcard if you like, I chucked it in at the last minute after all your talk about snow, seeing how it's like 15 degrees warmer up here in Brissie (I sometimes get to wear a cardi at night now that winter's started  Wink) Cyndiq, don't even start
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Do you stitch? Do you bitch? Do you live in BrisVegas?? http://brisbanesnb.wordpress.com/

sighing, she stared wist-fully across the crowded buffet table
geek-pride

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2006 11:48:46 PM »

Oh dear, you give that pelt a good brush down before you send it back,I don't want any bits of cat loving lingering...  Wink

HA! That's funny!

... seeing how it's like 15 degrees warmer up here in Brissie (I sometimes get to wear a cardi at night now that winter's started  Wink) Cyndiq, don't even start
Oh man! It's freezing and wet here down south! I have broken out the woollies and the flannel sheets!
And the microwaveable wheat-bags...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ElvenOne
She's and Odd One That One...

Ooh! Tasty!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2006 12:14:11 AM »

... seeing how it's like 15 degrees warmer up here in Brissie (I sometimes get to wear a cardi at night now that winter's started  Wink) Cyndiq, don't even start
Oh man! It's freezing and wet here down south! I have broken out the woollies and the flannel sheets!
[/quote]

You can say that again......!!!!!!!!!! I've been in my P'j's all day... plus another top and then a jumper and my bf's jumper... gah...!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

How can we possibly become a strong person, if we have an easy life? The tougher it is, the tougher we have a chance to become if we choose to fight back. Tough times never last but tough people do. - Rick Gettle.

MORE TRUE THAN EVER
MissMeshell
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2006 01:54:32 AM »

Me too! Also, out have come my 80's style legwarmers which my fiance hates, mwahaha... Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Slip Stitch
How to Operate a Sewing Machine
How to Sew a Hem on Your Machine
How to Sew a Buttonhole on Clothes
How to Make a Blanket Stitch
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...