A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 302,608
Currently Running With Scissors:
499 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Aussie Send Us Yer Bits! swap gallery  (Read 16091 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jane feebles
« on: May 03, 2006 07:27:10 PM »

Ok, here's the gallery

Being a complete nosy parker I'm busting to see these packs, so start positng kiddies!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Do you stitch? Do you bitch? Do you live in BrisVegas?? http://brisbanesnb.wordpress.com/

sighing, she stared wist-fully across the crowded buffet table
MissMeshell
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2006 09:10:38 PM »

Here are the bits ElvenOne sent me! Cheesy

We have...
An Altoids tin
Lots of various beads and some jewellery findings
Pink and blue paint sample cards
long, long strand of clear beads
Fabrics - One fluffy cowhide print, one black satiny fabric, one brown thickish cottony fabric and one gorgeous shiny blue/green and purple patterned fabric (don't you love my describing Tongue)
Two bits of green plastic stuff...like the stuff you use in vegetable gardens
One long length of hot pink ribbon

and no, she didn't send me a set of scales...I was just trying to get my freaking bits to weigh less than 500 grams for Jane Doe's satchel Wink

ALSO, she was the biggest sweetie and sent me some lollies, tea and choccie! Cheesy Which I forgot to take a piccie of, yes, It's not that I have eaten everything already, It's that I 'forgot' Tongue Tongue

(Oh and ElvenOne, there was nothing scary at all about your bits silly! Well...except for the magnet of a garden gnome playing the bag pipes...a tad strange, but not scary, hehe) Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ElvenOne
She's and Odd One That One...

Ooh! Tasty!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2006 09:29:31 PM »

Hmmmmmm....... oh wow..... hehe I didnt realise how wrinkled everything was.... *insert huge blush here*

I have had those beads...... (The ones in the plastic purple thing) since christmas..... how bad is that... I opened em... but havent been able to think of anything to make with them.... (My step sister gave them to me, but I figured that since I was using them for this swap it still counts...... yeah..??)

hehe, I love that little bag pipe playing gnome... hehehe I think he was from a broadband internet add or brochure or something... lol he made me laugh, but kept getting knocked off of my tin of bits (LOL, who needs paint sample cards and empty thread thingies..Huh)

yay for the bits swap...!!! (there should be a round2 of this one..!!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

How can we possibly become a strong person, if we have an easy life? The tougher it is, the tougher we have a chance to become if we choose to fight back. Tough times never last but tough people do. - Rick Gettle.

MORE TRUE THAN EVER
jane feebles
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2006 05:20:27 AM »

Lots of nice bits there, nothing scarey! That green fabric is lush. I expecting animal parts or something.
Oh wait, that was me....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Do you stitch? Do you bitch? Do you live in BrisVegas?? http://brisbanesnb.wordpress.com/

MissMeshell
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2006 05:32:11 AM »

LOL, funny you say that because that is EXACTLY what I thought of when she mentioned the word 'scary', I must have been thinking of your rabbit pelt Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
twelvety
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2006 12:00:15 AM »

I got all excellent stuff but I have to fix my photoshop software, as soon as it is up and running I will put them up here. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a real big prawn!

wistalicious
http://www.wists.com/twelvety
jane feebles
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2006 05:07:01 AM »

Here are twelvety's bits! So much fun in just one pack!

We have:
- a hilarious knitting pattern book from the 70's, embroidery pattern book from the same era and a very educational science book
- great fabrics, including some hospital issue stuff that's got my brain ticking overtime (vive le bin dive!), and a zebra placemat
- blue ribbon and blue rickrack, and pink bobbly yarn
- a white coin purse, brooch, bamboo handles and..
Some racy Hayman Island coasters, my favourite

hmmm... shall squirrel away to think now
THIS ROCKS   Logged

twelvety
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2006 05:18:12 AM »

The rest of the bolt(!) of that hospital fabric is currently buried underneath a pile of smelly old blankets at my fave op shop, I check on it everytime I go there. I want to buy it so bad but never have the opportunity to carry it home on the bus (along with the kid, the pusher and all the other crap I lug about Roll Eyes )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a real big prawn!

wistalicious
http://www.wists.com/twelvety
MissMeshell
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2006 05:51:40 AM »

Okay, here is a piccie of the bits I sent Jane Doe, sorry if it's not very clear...it was taken 2.5 seconds before I raced to the post office to get the thing sent before it closed Wink (and we won't mention that I forgot to take the address with me, will we? Tongue)

I sent:
Some purdy roving that I stole from uni the day of the send-out...my textiles class came just in time! We were using silk fibres and I was like 'err, do we have any wool fibre by any chance?', LOL
4 diff fabrics (approx fat quarter sized each I think)
1 pc craft felt
my tape measure Wink
1 little canvas
an Altoid tin (thanks for the idea ElvenOne!)
Random buttons and a few beads
a scrap of yummy yarn and some sparkly thread
Some argyle patterned ribbon.

SO excited Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jane Doe
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2006 06:07:36 AM »

and we won't mention that I forgot to take the address with me, will we? Tongue

lol!
Ah don't worry, that's happened to me more than once I can assure you  Wink
I'm glad it arrive today though. I've been busy at prac and I came home with the creative itch to craft and there was your package on my doorstep!
And such lovely items to craft with too

I sent:
Some purdy roving that I stole from uni the day of the send-out...my textiles class came just in time! We were using silk fibres and I was like 'err, do we have any wool fibre by any chance?', LOL

You play with fibre as part of your degree?
You lucky thing! What subject is it?
I've 2 spaces left in my degree to pick up random electives and I've been on the prowl for any subjects I might be able to expand my fibre knowledge.

At the rate I'm going, I might just be able to send you your crafts within the week.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...