A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 296,636
Currently Running With Scissors:
600 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Looking for Swap Meets/Junk Shops in Western WA  (Read 1755 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

maps
« on: May 02, 2006 10:56:22 PM »

Hey Craftsters!

I am looking for "brick & mortar" flea markets, swap meets, junk shops, etc, etc.  I have looked on-line for locations and have only found a couple.  I've been to sooo many thrift stores, and really they just aren't the kind of thing I'm looking for.  I know we are not in the best climate for swap meets, which are usually outside, but maybe you guys know of some good ones that are held inside?  I know the Fremont Sunday Market, and have been there a few times.  I'm looking for less complete crafts and more... stuff.  You know, salvage, antique, vintage, junk, equipment.  Anyone have any good places?  I'm in Mountlake Terrace and would be willing to go throughout Snohomish and King Counties.  I dream of a huge warehouse filled with vendors in booths selling everything big to small under the sun.  I guess it would be better if I lived in Los Angeles or New York, huh?

If anyone has any experience with these kinds of places around here, I would love your help!   Smiley
« Last Edit: May 04, 2006 04:34:15 PM by maps » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've been laid up with bronchitis for two weeks. I am catching up now. Please let me know if I have forgotten something! Sad  -4/5/11
mcrocker
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2006 08:35:46 AM »

The best place to get junk and stuff is http://www.freecycle.com. There is a local one for Seattle.

-Melissa
THIS ROCKS   Logged

maps
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2006 04:39:49 PM »

Thanks Melissa!  I'm actually already a member of the freecycle for my county.  It is awesome how many items go through there!  What I'm looking for are actual places where I can go and sift/browse/junk through the inventory.  I'm looking for things like old door stops, light fixtures, window frames... you know, anything that inspires me!  All the flea market lists I've come across pretty much have nothing for Washington, and I figure that can't be right, right?  Any tips would be appreciated!   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've been laid up with bronchitis for two weeks. I am catching up now. Please let me know if I have forgotten something! Sad  -4/5/11
TheThriftShopper.Com
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2006 05:30:49 AM »

I have a national directory of thrift shops you might find usefull. I hope it helpes you in your search.

http://www.thethriftshopper.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't forget to look in your local thrift stores for your crafting supplies. Please check out my national directory of thrift stores at www.TheThriftShoppe r.Com for your shopping convenience.
Aev92
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2006 02:54:23 PM »

There's this great place in Port Orchard. It's St.Vincent De Paul.. I think it's a chain store, but this one in particular is by far, my favorite thrift store over here! It has this corner in the back, that has so much craft stuff- they have a bin of buttons, sewing machine parts, tons of notions, etc. They also have this cubby hole thing that has fabric, a bin of remnants, and next to it are bedsheets, etc. It has such a great selection - I love it. It takes alot for me to like a store in particular, but this store is just awesome. It's kind of small, but if you do decide to go, you should definately take a look inside. The prices are very cheap, and the items are of good quality [fifteen hook and eye closures- they cost me ten cents!!!]
1209 Bay St
 Port Orchard, WA 98366
(360) 876-6933

Hopefully I helped!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jazminecat
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2006 01:18:58 PM »

Try the ReStore for fixtures and window frames - there's one in seattle and one in bellingham that i know of.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
aodhfionn

signed, sealed, delivered

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2006 07:28:25 PM »

Yeah, ReStore is wonderful. I went for my first time and walked out with a $10 exit sign.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
maps
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2006 09:29:09 PM »

Oh, yes, I LOVE ReStore!  I'll find myself looking through doors even, as if I need them.  Wink

Also, I recently found store in south Seattle called Second Use.  I still haven't been, but it is a HUGE warehouse with all sorts of stuff.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hbic
Home Deconomics

A little home ec, a little home dec

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2006 07:18:00 AM »

Unfortunately it seems a lot of flea market stuff in our area is more of a scheduled event. Anacortes just had Shipwreck day with is a town-wide yard sale/flea market. I bet you could look up event listings ( http://www.craftlister.com/events/search/?PHPSESSID=5febd68415708e8800ab8780febdf694 ) and see where events might be held. County fairgrounds always seem to have a couple each year.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hand made home decor
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Raw Nut-Free Carob Dessert
Nutella Brownie Bite Recipe
Raw Peach Cobbler Recipe
Blueberry Muffin Recipe
Berry Cobbler Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...