A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,102
Currently Running With Scissors:
513 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Little Lamb from Down Under.  (Read 2291 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

theaveragedream

beware of those who dislike cats

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2006 06:59:29 PM »

That's purely delightful! And you just winged it? (wang it DX?) While watching TV, no less! You are truly amazing. It's so cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

astarael
strawberry queen

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2006 12:35:51 AM »

ahahaha!!!  that is sooooo cute!  really made my day (here in down under too!  Wink )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

unter dem mond, dem himmel, den sternen, hre nicht auf deinen verstand...nur auf dein herz

Swapping info: http://la--estrella.blogspot.com/2008/06/swapping-info.html

I'm up for personal postcard swaps - my handmade postcards (any theme) for your handmade or arty (store bought) postcards - PM
craftworkbook
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2006 12:36:15 AM »

Nice Job!  That is very cute.  
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Homerof2
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2006 01:44:05 PM »

That is a most adorable little lamb  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cageofowords

cageofwords ~ crochet obsessive ~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2006 09:50:27 PM »

Unfortunately, I can't lay claim to being the originator of this pattern - its from a book called "Simple Crochet for Cherished Babies" by Jane Davis (ISBN 1-57990-417-3).  But I think it would be easy to make without a pattern as it is all just tubes and anyone who has crocheted a hat will understand the increasing/decreasing to make a sphere shape:

I will do my best to describe the basics of it:

You make tubes for the feet (and a little mini-tube for the tail) starting with DC for the feet in a darker colour and then swapping to a paler yarn in SC for the legs working in spiral rounds until you get to the right height, and leave a long tail to sew onto to body.

The body is long sausage shape that is started like a beanie/hat in SC's - once again working in one long spiral round (if that's the right term - I mean that you don't join a row and then "Step up" to the next row with a chain, you just keep on going) until you get to the length you want, then start decreasing evenly until you get to a 1.5 - 2" opening (which is what the head gets sewn onto)

The head you start from the nose with 1 row of DC's and then swap to SC's , increasing for the nose and then decreasing for the back of the head until you have dereased to only a few stiches, and then closing it up at the back, which is ok if it looks a little messy as it will be covered by the wool.

The ears are the same at the feet, only not stuffed and all in one colour.

You sew all the bits together and then the wool coat is just SC into the body (pick any place to start) and then Chain (I think 8 or 10 chains) and then do another SC back into the body next to the first SC, and as you go it just develops into wool - I did my SC's real close together but as I went along I realised that you can SC into every second or third SC on the body and still get a thick looking coat.  It would work really well for hair for a doll as you can make the chains as long as you want for shorter or longer hair.

RE: the book the pattern came from - it has some great patterns for really lovely baby rugs and I also made a crochet turtle from it which turned out really really cute as well.  Lots of baby outfits as well.  My only comment is that I found some of the instructions a bit hard to fathom as in one pattern they describe the increasing/decreasing on way and in another pattern they describe the same thing in a totally different way which was really hard to understand (ie: wrong) - if I hadn't already made the first pattern I probably wouldn't have figured the second one out.  If you look at the Amazon reviews you will notice that alot of people have found the same problem with the instructions http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1579904173/102-2941885-4488938?v=glance&n=283155

Oh, and I stuffed it with poly-fill. (actually I recycled the contents of a cushion I wasn't using - so I am thinking it was poly-fill)

Now that I understand the theory of it, I am going to try making a teddy bear without a pattern....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"For thought is the bird of space
that within a cage of words
may indeed unfold its wings
but cannot fly" ~ Khalil Gibran
serialdeviant
Like personal swaps? Me too.

This was completely unintentional

« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2006 10:13:59 PM »

That is so cute... how cuddly and sweet it looks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

iqjones
Who's house? Run's house!

Trying to keep it gold...

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2006 09:25:47 PM »

Now that I understand the theory of it, I am going to try making a teddy bear without a pattern....

Thank you for the instructions!
I can't wait to see the teddy bear;)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

All the goo we use, reviewed!
http://brainybeautys.blogspot.com
meriellyn
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2006 03:25:22 PM »

This is just SO cute! Especially the picture of him leaning on the ball. Adorable!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Tim Gunn on Petite Fashion
When Tim Gunn Discovered Fashion
Tim Gunn on Flattering Your Figure
What To Wear In Transitional Weather, from Tim Gunn
The Longest Length Your Skirt Should Be Is...
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...