A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 298,096
Currently Running With Scissors:
474 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I see the light! Stuffy-mania hits home!  (Read 1263 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: May 02, 2006 06:09:01 PM »

I now know why everyone loves these little guys!  They are so cute and have such personalities!
My first one was made with a pattern from a book I bought off an auction site. Now that I know the basics, I can't wait to make my own patterns for all types of creatures!  I guess I better learn to make a stuffy ark...

This was one I made for a swap...I miss her but she is well loved by her new mom (night_owl!)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

aion
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2006 05:47:02 AM »

Very cute! Love the bag and love Hello Kitty.

It is addicting to make these things  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mixi
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2006 07:46:11 AM »

they are soooo good to make, arent they?
a real therapy not to mention that ego boost.
well girl, you do deserve this ego boost cause it's too cute!
her new mama is for sure a happy mama!
i've been trying to find pattern books for plushies, but its really hard over here in brazil.
do you have any titles you recomend?  or sites?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ismoyo

I believe in fairytales

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2006 09:04:34 AM »

I bet you miss her!
She's so adorable!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WizardGlick
Save the Texas Prarie Chickens

Greener seems to fall beneath your feet.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2006 10:08:02 PM »

I guess I better learn to make a stuffy ark...

I made a stuffy ark with my grandma when I was younger! Ok, just wanted to interject.

Great first project. I need to learn how to make stuffies.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Bond Girl
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2006 01:33:38 AM »

It's so cute!  Is it from the same books as the pattern Sewing Stars posted?

they are soooo good to make, arent they?
a real therapy not to mention that ego boost.
well girl, you do deserve this ego boost cause it's too cute!
her new mama is for sure a happy mama!
i've been trying to find pattern books for plushies, but its really hard over here in brazil.
do you have any titles you recomend?  or sites?
If you're talking about Japanese plushies and Japanese craft books, then try Crafting Japanese, in particular this section.  Japanese craft books are hard to get in Australia too, but there's heaps on eBay, only I don't have a credit card or PayPal Sad  lol  There links on that site to eBaysellers/shops who sell them so hopefully you can get a hold of one if that is what you're looking for Wink
« Last Edit: May 04, 2006 01:37:00 AM by Bond Girl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm very into Britney Spears' early work, before she sold out, so mostly her, um, finger painting and macaroni art.
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2006 07:16:29 AM »

AHHHHHHHHH--thank you, I think Bondgirl!  You are feeding my addiction now!! My mom is from Japan so she is able to get me these books but I did find my last one on ebay and it cost a mint!  I would rather try to create my own, but I needed to have way to practice so I am making them for swap partners!  Any free patterns are also appreciated--I just love them to death! I will look at Sewing Stars items for sure! Thanks!

Hey--I went to that post by Sewing Stars.  I am a newbie here, but I thought it was against international copyright laws to publish any portion of another person's book or copyrighted materials.  I have that same book which I purchased and it is definitely copyrighted.  I don't want to spoil anyone's creativity but I also don't want the hard work of another artist who is making money to not make money off a published work.  Does anyone know the rules on that on this site?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2006 07:48:04 AM by alwaysinmyroom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bond Girl
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2006 08:35:15 PM »

AHHHHHHHHH--thank you, I think Bondgirl!  You are feeding my addiction now!! My mom is from Japan so she is able to get me these books but I did find my last one on ebay and it cost a mint!  I would rather try to create my own, but I needed to have way to practice so I am making them for swap partners!  Any free patterns are also appreciated--I just love them to death! I will look at Sewing Stars items for sure! Thanks!

Hey--I went to that post by Sewing Stars.  I am a newbie here, but I thought it was against international copyright laws to publish any portion of another person's book or copyrighted materials.  I have that same book which I purchased and it is definitely copyrighted.  I don't want to spoil anyone's creativity but I also don't want the hard work of another artist who is making money to not make money off a published work.  Does anyone know the rules on that on this site?
Yeh, I don't know about the copyright... it's a bit iffy... and this issue seems to come up quite a bit on this forum, especially in regards to Japanese craft books, as it seems everyone wants them but they are hard to get and expenzive when you can get them!  I think in the user information/agreement or whatever for this forum it does say that members are not allowed to breach copyright laws etc. on this site.  I have been asked to post patterns/tutorials of things I've made from Japanese craft books but personally I wouldn't really want too :S  So yeh, I see what you mean...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm very into Britney Spears' early work, before she sold out, so mostly her, um, finger painting and macaroni art.
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2006 08:51:03 PM »

Bondgirl--thanks for the response.  I have already asked the moderators what to do and they said the same thing:  you are not allowed to post pictures of pages from a book that is copyrighted. You can draw pictures, give a link, or print out free patterns but you can't post them in any forum, etc. They will help spread the news again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ChloeisCrazy
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2006 03:33:29 PM »

aw I love that! SO adorable.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Celebrity Sightings at NYFW Rebecca Minkhoff Show
Lindsey Vonn Walks the Runway on Crutches at Go Red Fashion Show!
Diane Kruger Stuns at Peter Pilotto for Target Fashion Show
5 Hot Valentine’s Day Lingerie Looks
Celebrities Show Off Sexy Fashion at AmfAR Gala
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...