A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Glitter will spruce up any body parts you have laying around the house.
Total Members: 308,730
Currently Running With Scissors:
610 Guests and 39 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Face Purse (Man or woman?)  (Read 673 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dolphin24212
« on: May 02, 2006 01:02:03 PM »

Here's the story:  I lost my favoritepursethatwentwitheverything purse over spring break and was pretty bummed out. Soooo... when I got home I decided I needed to make a new purse (and finally had an excuse to make one for myself), and I got inspired and came up with this:

The face was originally supposed to be a woman, but the features aren't very feminine, so-- I'll let you decide whatever you think it is.

Yeah, this is the back, just in case you wanted to see it, but there isn't much to it, just gingham (?) fabric cut in random strips and sewed on then w/ zigzag.

So this is a close up of the face which has A LOT of stitching on it -- as in -- satin stitching, stitching on face, circles for cheeks, stitching on hair, stitching over hair (the hair is gray felt by the way) and then stitching on the blue fabric the buttons are on.

And this is the left side of the front... and the lighter purple looking wisps are actually blue netting stitched on so it gives it a different color.. and yeah there was a lot of stitching on this too.

So I pretty just went crazy with stitching and thread and etc. and this is how it turned out! I hope you like it!  oh-- and I'm sorry the pictures were so big, they didn't look that big when I was re-sizing them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife."
bluelise
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2006 03:43:33 PM »

It looks like this bag probably took a long time to make what with all the piecing and stitching! It's certainly unique and I'm sure it will get you a lot of comments when you where it out. That's a good way to drum up craft business!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm up for personal swaps. PM me for availability and ideas!
http://girlinabook.blogspot.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Making Lamb Stew With Root Vegetables
How to Make Grilled Cheese Sandwich
How to Make Egg and Cheese Sandwich
How to Make Grilled Sandwiches - Rueben Part 2
How to Make Grilled Sandwiches - Rueben
Latest Blog Articles
I Am Zombie Homer
Beware! Zombunnies!
April 1, 2015 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...