A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 300,923
Currently Running With Scissors:
615 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: This is kinda sad. but i want it to be a happy gift  (Read 1891 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jMi
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2006 07:51:05 AM »

Depending on how ill she's feeling, why don't you bring over some crafting materials for a project you two can do together? Then when you are finished, she can have the one you made and you can have what she made. That way she gets something that will mean a lot and show her someone really cares about her, and have some fun too.

PS- Quilt idea is really nice!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://lifeadored.blogspot.com/
Getting back into crafting! Follow along with me on my blog and see what I come up with! Smiley
supergirle
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2006 05:52:45 PM »

I keep cheching this thread and its wonderful how many people are coming up with such loving ideas!  This is a wonderful board and we are all hoping the best for you and your freind! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hgflower

happiness is a bowl of noodles :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2006 06:44:43 PM »

cookies! or other baked goods Smiley you could have like a major girl's night sleepover complete with favorite movies, baking, crafting!!
maybe do a time capsle of some sort? i'm a nerd, i love doing things like that.
sorry to hear about your friend, at least she's being surrounded by family and friends who love and care for her Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my blog
my wist
favorite new song w/video! onerepublic - apologize
musicmob
have random thoughts? send them my way!
ktwags
Creatively Natural

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2006 07:51:54 PM »

have you ever thought about a photo dvd(also known as photo montage).  I do these and they are a real neat way of remembering the good times.  I did one to remember my grandma after she died and it was awesome, it had all of her pics , from her mom and dad , all the way to her grandkids and we put about 4 or 5 different songs to it.  It also would be a good way for her family to remember her after she is gone(if you are interested in it and don't want to do it yourself  let me know).  also another suggestion is make her a handmade card with some of her favorite things on it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tickle-me-emo
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2006 08:42:01 AM »

Your guys are awesome =]

You all gahve such good ideas and are just so sweet =]

I have sent up as suggested a little parcel of stuff which i know she and her sister love like cds friendship bracelts sweeties etc but i definatly want to make something that they can really remember and i love the suggestions of time capsules/quilt/photo montage

i really appreciate all of yr ideas and your kind words it means the world and i am sure chloe will love every idea i can make =]

Thanks again
xx
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hgflower

happiness is a bowl of noodles :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2006 11:19:33 AM »

i just thought of a cute idea, do you guys have a color me mine nearby? it's one of those ceramic/pottery shops where you can paint your own designs onto the plates/cups/whatever and they provide the paint and you pay for the time spent there and then they fire/glaze everything for you tyope place? because those things are so much fun, plus you can personalize them, put dates on them and just have fun and take plenty of pictures while doing it. because going to those places is like making a memory in itself since it's not something that most people get to do everyday Smiley sorries, the idea came to me cause for some reason i was thinking of handprints and stuff..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my blog
my wist
favorite new song w/video! onerepublic - apologize
musicmob
have random thoughts? send them my way!
batgirl
Global Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Part Librarian, Part Superhero

Stop Pinning, Start Making.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2006 11:46:20 AM »

You could get together with a tape recorder and do a fun "radio show" and talk about fun times and shared jokes, and "interview" each other, then you can each have a copy to listen to when you need cheering up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just added lots of new items! Use coupon code "craftster" for 10% off! http://www.LilyLovesBernie.etsy.com
 50 Things
AriesEJ
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2006 02:51:43 PM »

I'm sorry to hear about your friend!
If she is a crafter: lots of loose craft stuff for shrines, ATC's, collage.  I recently won a raffle that I got bags of craft stuff.  It was like Christmas.  Neat beads, glues, wire, pin backs, coloring pencils.  Just a shoe box of trinkets would give good feelings.
If she doesn't craft: someone else's idea of crafting together (depending on her strength), crafting with her sister would be time spent and good memories.
Goddess Bless you.
(I'm going to go hug my kid now)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Art of Pysanky
How to Sell Your Soap at Craft Shows
How to Make Money from Soap Making
What a Lye Is in Soap Making
How to Think Up Quilting Patterns
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...