A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,046
Currently Running With Scissors:
744 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Gift for powderpuff coach/ crush as a thanks and "Hey, I'm g/f material" present  (Read 894 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

weaselfeet
Wretched arthritis seems to be starting - unless you can get carpal tunnel symptoms in your fingers.

Can I PLEASE take it with me?

View Profile
« on: November 11, 2005 12:06:36 PM »

Alrighty, so here's the deal:

I'm playing offensive/defensive line for my school's powderpuff football team. The line coach is awesome and deserves a humongous thanks for sacrificing his time, and I happen to have a crush on him. We're into a lot of the same things like country music, blue collar comedy, football (obviously), and I REALLY like him. The catch is, we're both seniors and didn't know each other until a month or so ago.

I want to give him something really cool as a thank you, but also as a "notice me as being a cool girlfriend type" gift, but not something that's over the top, because I don't want to weird him out. He likes hunting, camping, he's a firefighter, he drives a really cool truck, and is your average "good ol' boy", "All-American boy next door" kinda guy. I really don't want to do something to scare him off, because I REALLY like him, personality and all. I also don't want to buy a whole lot of stuff that anyone could do without putting thought into it.

I also want to give this to him right around the end of November or beginning of December, because the day after Christmas is the Christmas Ball, and I kinda sorta would LOVE being at least really good friends by mid-December.

Any help is appreciated. THANKS!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

In the fight between you and the world, back the world. ~ Frank Zappa

How can I phrase this diplomatically without a lawsuit coming... ah screw it. ~Stein
Fun4Bambi
Scrumble Curious

Wanted for gluing googly eyes to other googly eyes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2005 06:36:30 AM »

So, weaselfeet,
What kind of crafting do ya do? I am a self-proclaimed queen of brainstorming, so I'd love to help you out here.  First off, you've identified several areas you've got in common - any of those would be good "themes"
Could be something really simple - like a custom-burned music CD - you could then craft the jewel case with pictures, etc. you can pm me if ya want...might be easier to brainstorm withyou this way.
My 2 cents.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

weaselfeet
Wretched arthritis seems to be starting - unless you can get carpal tunnel symptoms in your fingers.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2005 08:25:30 PM »

-Bump-
THIS ROCKS   Logged

How can I phrase this diplomatically without a lawsuit coming... ah screw it. ~Stein
Jelly.
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2005 08:48:09 PM »

Maybe a stencilled t-shirt or something? With a truck, or a whatever-it-is-that-he-hunts, or something on it.
And then you could make a little tag for it [the type you get in clothing stores that have the price and stuff on it] and have it say something like "made with love by [your name]"

I like the mix cd too.
Or, can you knit? You could knit something, I guess, like a scarf, and then he'll think of you whenever he wears it.

Hmm or, um, something baked?

I'm running out of Ideas.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

weaselfeet

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2005 12:05:12 PM »

I love to bake. I'm actually thinking along the lines of inviting him over sometime soon and baking cookies and making hot cocoa, and having him taste test it. He likes hot chocolate and his favorite drink EVER is chocolate milk, which is basically cold hot chocolate. The way I figure, the way to a man's heart is either through his pants or his stomach. I'm not the kind of girl who feels she has to offer everything to be the girl who has everything to offer, so I'm opting for the stomach route. It's getting mighty cold, and rifle season opened today, so he'll be out hunting soon. He already got a doe with his bow, but he and his dad lost her trail. Maybe I could have him over after he hunts or something. Or just on a random cold day. Like when I start decorating for Christmas. But I think having him over while I'm decorating is TOO couple-y to start with. But right after. That's a good idea, right? Oh, this is so difficult.

But, on the bright side, I got to hug him after the game last night (we won)! And he gives the most amazing hugs, but maybe it was the combination of me being hyped on adrenaline from the game and so excited that we won and that I was that close to him. But it was definitely a hug to be excited over. Those big strong arms...::drool::.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dollydlux
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2006 07:36:53 PM »

hey- just saw this thread and was wondering how it all worked out?  Are you two married yet or what?!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
annam42

http://fortytworoads.blogspot.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2006 07:40:49 AM »

I'm not the kind of girl who feels she has to offer everything to be the girl who has everything to offer

har! LOL!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Earth Day Crafts for Kids
How to Make a Triangle Fold Room Card
How to Understand Crochet Stitch Counts
Shadowed Quilts
Woven Woolen Rug
Latest Blog Articles
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Karen Casper
Tute Tuesday: Wooden Chain
Here Kitty, Kitty!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...