A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 296,392
Currently Running With Scissors:
877 Guests and 42 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Big Ole Button down to Puffy Sleeve HOTNESS (NOW WITH TUT ON P4!!)  (Read 77138 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lazeedayzee
« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2006 12:35:08 PM »

Aaah! I bought three huge shirts (or so I thought) last week at Goodwill, and they ALL fit my boyfriend! He really needs dress shirts, so I let him have them. I was amazed at the really nice quality I found. A Brooks Brothers shirt for $6 - c'mon. That's amazing. I love thift stores. So I just need to go shopping and get some more.....  Roll Eyes

I was also wondering, maybe I could get some not so huge ones, that DIDN'T fit him, and maybe I could make a gusset from the bottom of the sleeves that you cut off? You know, put a little slice into the arm-pit, so it would still get puffy? What do you think? Maybe it would show too much...

Hmmm... Sounds like experimentation time...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jessiesmess
« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2006 01:21:45 PM »

Aaah! I bought three huge shirts (or so I thought) last week at Goodwill, and they ALL fit my boyfriend! He really needs dress shirts, so I let him have them. I was amazed at the really nice quality I found. A Brooks Brothers shirt for $6 - c'mon. That's amazing. I love thift stores. So I just need to go shopping and get some more.....  Roll Eyes

I was also wondering, maybe I could get some not so huge ones, that DIDN'T fit him, and maybe I could make a gusset from the bottom of the sleeves that you cut off? You know, put a little slice into the arm-pit, so it would still get puffy? What do you think? Maybe it would show too much...

Hmmm... Sounds like experimentation time...

GREAT Idea.. if this works please let me know!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soap and Clothes from my overpriced apartment in Queens
www.bejessie.com
www.bejessie.etsy.c om
bloggie www.mybrainpurge.bl ogspot.com
Proud member of the New York City Craft Mafia
www.newyorkcitycraf tmafia.com
myspace
http://www.myspace.com/bejessie
BambiKhantastic
Craftster's Resident Tattoo Artist

Taloola Rocks my World!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2006 02:07:13 PM »

That's a darling shirt...I just wish Mr.Khantastic had more style when he was chubbier!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

shewantsxglamor
« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2006 05:53:27 PM »

Now I have to go buy some big shirts.
Or just steal some from my dad Wink

Anyways, thanks for the amazing tute. I actually understand it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
shelleibean
« Reply #54 on: May 21, 2006 05:49:39 AM »

your tute seems very clear and easy to follow. i've been looking for somehting to do with all these giant men's shirts i bought after i had my son- they're too big for my husband but they have great stripes and they were a dollar, so i can't throw them away.  i might just do this today insteade of the other projects i have half finished.
thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Benis
« Reply #55 on: May 22, 2006 12:39:05 PM »

Love it!
I used your tutorial and made one for myself. Like everyone, it seems, I made the torso area too small and could only get 2 or 3 buttons done up. Cheesy

The only difference is I took the cuffs from the large shirt and used that on the ends of the sleeves.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
lazeedayzee
« Reply #56 on: May 22, 2006 01:07:02 PM »

Update on the arm-pit gusset:

It looks like it's going to work, although I have had to re-set the sleeves like 4 times. I think I cut the arm-holes wrong the first 3-4 times. (were hanging way too far down my arms) Tongue I finally took a blouse that already fits me and kind of traced that arm hole, and it's working.

But anyways, the fabric is dark, and the extra two seams under the arms hardly show at all. I used the strips that I cut off the sides of the shirt when I sized down the bodice area. Perfectly shaped little fabric slices.

But I think my bodice is going to be kind of snug too. *just can't win*  Cheesy We shall see.

Benis - Very cute idea with the cuffs! Adorable! I might see how that looks too...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jessiesmess
« Reply #57 on: May 24, 2006 06:31:00 AM »

Love it!
I used your tutorial and made one for myself. Like everyone, it seems, I made the torso area too small and could only get 2 or 3 buttons done up. Cheesy

The only difference is I took the cuffs from the large shirt and used that on the ends of the sleeves.

Yeah my second one did the same thing. But its cute open over a tank.. I LOVE mine in the worst way! Yours came out totally adorable and I Love the idea of using cuffs on the ends of the sleeves!!

Great work!! And IM LOVIN the pose..lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soap and Clothes from my overpriced apartment in Queens
www.bejessie.com
www.bejessie.etsy.c om
bloggie www.mybrainpurge.bl ogspot.com
Proud member of the New York City Craft Mafia
www.newyorkcitycraf tmafia.com
myspace
http://www.myspace.com/bejessie
Benis
« Reply #58 on: May 24, 2006 07:25:09 PM »

Yeah my second one did the same thing. But its cute open over a tank.. I LOVE mine in the worst way! Yours came out totally adorable and I Love the idea of using cuffs on the ends of the sleeves!!

Great work!! And IM LOVIN the pose..lol

Haha, oh yes. Aspiring model right here. With the toilet background and everything.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lazeedayzee
« Reply #59 on: May 28, 2006 07:43:17 AM »

OK... I finished it!

I used scrap fabric for the cuffs instead of contrasting color (although, I think it's screaming out for some pink....) and I was going to do the hem, but a friend saw me in it before I took it up, and she wants me to keep it long.

And the gusset-thingie totally worked. I just need to work on distributing the gathers more to the top of the sleeve, since I think it's a little poofier in the arm-pit than I might want. But it worked with a much smaller shirt.

Oh, and I'm not great with the poses - but I was playing around on my photo editor. This is called Cartoon. Smiley

And, I can only get like 2 buttons done too...  Wink Arg.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Fashions To Help Your Kids Rock The New School Year
How to Wear Sheer Fashions This Fall
New Technology To Fight Against Fake Goods
Miley Cyrus and Selena Gomez Got Seriously Sexy for 2013 Teen Choice Awards
Teen Choice Awards Best Dressed
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...