A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,074
Currently Running With Scissors:
687 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 37
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing wish swap 10!-CLOSED!  (Read 26076 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rosali

English Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: May 27, 2006 04:24:49 PM »

Ooh it's a holiday weekend here in Britain too! I think you've got a good mix of things on your list princessblueberry so I'd be surprised if it was stalled. Now that redpopsicles has received from me I'd love to claim you for a vintage style apron but somewhat bizarrely I've never sewn pleats Shocked I will have a practice at them before undertaking anything requiring pleatedness! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
catpants

viva la hamsterpants! may he rest in peace.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #331 on: May 27, 2006 04:26:16 PM »

i think by this point in the month, a lot of people are out of claims.  i know that i'm waiting for some of my packages to be received before i can pick again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #332 on: May 27, 2006 05:20:48 PM »

Rosali--are you claiming princessbluberry?

If not, I will claim her for the apron.  I love making aprons!  Plus, I have some other stuff to send her so I can combine it in one package! 

Let me know if I should post my list or wait.  This would be my third claim. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014 101/150 ?
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
rosali

English Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: May 27, 2006 05:26:45 PM »

Oh no please go ahead alwaysinmyroom! My friend (a very good one but I'm biting my nails nonetheless!) has borrowed my sewing machine to make some curtains so I can't have a go at teaching myself pleats Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #334 on: May 27, 2006 05:29:52 PM »

OK--thanks Rosali--I pick princessbluberry for a vintage apron! 

This is my third claim.

Hey there!  My name is Linda. I live in Pennsylvania, USA.

Here are the some of the things the greedy little pig in me would love to have from one of you awesome craftsters!  I want you to make whatever is your style and your thing.  I am just giving you general ideas to inspire you to be creative:

1.   I love hats or headband or scarves of any kind.  I know it is almost summer in the USA, so maybe   a bandana style something or something with big holes would be best!  I prefer bright colors but neutrals like beige, white, etc. would be fine.  About the only color I do not like to wear is yellow.

2.   I love the fingerless gloves! Any color, any design.

3.   CuffsI am not a bracelet wearer because the jangling distracts me while I work, but cuffs would  be pretty cool. Thanks princessblueberry!!

4.   Stationery and note cards.  I am so sick of writing thank yous or simple notes on cards I get free from certain charities wanting money from meyou know the kind I want something funky, with personality, and originality to share with family and friends and to be remembered! I have tons of envelopes, so if you dont have any, dont worry!

5.   Wine glass markers.  None of my friends remember that they have the boring blue flowerbut they might remember if they had the skull or heart or sword or you get the idea

6.   Earrings.  After seeing all of the neat beading stuff here, I want more! I wear gold or silver tone and I have a job that I can wear just about anythingmy long hair would cover anything too bad if it had to, ha ha

7.   Pendant necklace. I received an awesome necklace in a swap and realized I loved them!  Anything from chokers to long dangly ones! I like the microscope slide ones but any kind would work.

8.   Paper journal or notebook of some kind.  Small enough to stick in my bag.  I am always writing on some scrap piece and losing it!

9.   Any thing I could use for making bags.  A lot of swappers want stuff that I have no idea where to findI would like stenciled fabric, interesting fabric pieces, embroidered pieces, crochet flowers, pins, handmade buttons, and appliqus, just anything that would be cool on a bag. This would be my biggest wishI want to showcase other crafters art on my bags.

10.   Needle roll for knitting needles.  I can sew but I am not fond of making such detailed things like this and I have no idea where to start (my brain is too full to concentrate on thisI am in purse mode!). Or, even a needle case for my quilting needlesthey are special!

11.   Anything from a foreign country such as fabrics, yarns, small notions, beads, etc. Things that we dont have here in the USA. Prefer crafting items or food!

12.   Felted beads to use however I want. Felting is magic to me. Maybe even a beginners felting kit so I can learn on my own!

13.   Any garden doo-dadthings to hang on my fences, trees, stick in the ground.

14.   Decorative boxes or containers to hold all sorts of crafting junk!

15.   Anything you love to do or a surprise.  I love to collect odd crafted items and I really look more for creativity than how it is done (like you dont have to be a perfect embroider, just a unique one!).

16.   Recycled craft.  I am in awe of stuff made from other stuffbottle caps, cassettes, etc. I want to do more crafts like this as wellinspire me!

About me:  I have lots of time on my hands as I am a band widowI work in the computer industry.  I have three cats and a dog. I love kickboxing and yoga. I have a large garden, mostly flowers but we also grow stuff for salsa (our favorite snack). Red is my favorite color.  My main craft is sewing anything.  I love birds but not squirrels or deer.  I recycle everything.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2006 09:36:43 AM by alwaysinmyroom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

PINTEREST
Will swap for art
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #335 on: May 27, 2006 05:33:13 PM »

By the way, Happy Memorial Day everyone! Glad for a four day weekend to craft!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PINTEREST
Will swap for art
rosali

English Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: May 27, 2006 05:35:28 PM »

Sorry for holding it up alwaysinmyroom, I'm such a ninny rambling about pleats on the thread instead of to myself! No fair you guys have a four-day weekend, we have one extra day - tomorrow is a bank holiday in Britain  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #337 on: May 27, 2006 05:38:48 PM »

No no--I thought the rambling was cute--WE don't have a four day weekend--it is actually only three but I had off Friday because of the flu! So I had a four day weekend to craft!  Hope you get your sewing machine back soon--I lost my primary one to old age and have been using a vintage one from my hubby's grandma--all it does is sew straight!! ha ha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PINTEREST
Will swap for art
catpants

viva la hamsterpants! may he rest in peace.

« Reply #338 on: May 27, 2006 05:45:07 PM »

No no--I thought the rambling was cute--WE don't have a four day weekend--it is actually only three but I had off Friday because of the flu! So I had a four day weekend to craft!  Hope you get your sewing machine back soon--I lost my primary one to old age and have been using a vintage one from my hubby's grandma--all it does is sew straight!! ha ha

...you know you're a craftster when you view getting the flu as a GOOD thing because it means you get to stay home and craft  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rosali

English Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #339 on: May 27, 2006 05:49:47 PM »

Lol so true catpants! Summer flu's the worst though; at least in winter everyone is coughing and sneezing so it seems sorta seasonally appropriate to be ill.
I'll be banging on my friend's door tomorrow at 7pm sharp, although she's dear to me she's allowed it for the bank holiday weekend and no longer; I have a special relationship with Machiney and this is the first time he's been away from home Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How Fenugreek Is Used in Indian Recipes
How Cardamom Is Used in Indian Recipes
How to Make Tandoori Chicken Marinade
How Asafetida Is Used in Indian Recipes
What Are the Differences Between North and South Indian Food
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...