A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Monday, May 23 News:  It's time to vote!  Which Craftster member rocked dollar store crafting?  Cast your vote here!
Total Members: 305,651
Currently Running With Scissors:
331 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 37
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing wish swap 10!-CLOSED!  (Read 34185 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

DithMer

Have a good one, and learn everything you can.

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 03, 2006 03:12:12 PM »

hee.  as jana's (simplyfussfree) psuedo-wife, i can tell you she most likely meant granny squares.  isn't my adorable best friend the cutest? grandma squares.  hee.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
simplyfussfree
yay, wists!

I'm the dumb looking one on the right.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #61 on: May 03, 2006 03:34:55 PM »

i meant granny squares Embarrassed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Homerof2
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 03, 2006 05:28:28 PM »

i meant granny squares Embarrassed

What size granny squares are you looking for?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
simplyfussfree
yay, wists!

I'm the dumb looking one on the right.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #63 on: May 03, 2006 05:34:25 PM »

good question. um...5x5. i think i'll try and get a bunch and eventually make a lap quilt with them. i just thought about it today though so i don't have any yet. does 5x5 sound like a...'normal' size?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Homerof2

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 03, 2006 06:01:44 PM »

Quote from: simplyfussfree
good question. um...5x5. i think i'll try and get a bunch and eventually make a lap quilt with them. i just thought about it today though so i don't have any yet. does 5x5 sound like a...'normal' size?

In all the years I've been crocheting, I've never made an afghan (quilt) with anything smaller than 6" but you can do what you like!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Homerof2

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 03, 2006 06:04:45 PM »

Well, no matter the size, I'm going to claim simplyfussfree for some 'grandma' squares.  This is my second claim.

Here's my list:

Fabric

Fat Quarters of purple or yellow - I'm planning to make a quilt for our bed and am collecting fabrics for it right now.  Small prints or patterns would be best but nothing creepy, I like pretty rather 

Sewing

I would love a full apron (with a bib) - adult size large.  Any color but black or pink

A tote bag with a zipper.

I'd love a plush teddy bear - around 12" would be great!

Quilting

12" squares - any pretty colors and nice pattern would be fine but if you need inspiration, check out this website:  http://www.quilterscache.com/BlocksbySizeC.html

Cross-stitch

A teapot picture with the teapot measuring about 3" x 3" and the aida cloth at least 6" x 6" so I can frame it to match the few others I have.

Any picture that features tulips, scarecrows or sunflowers

Wooden Items

Something to stand on my display shelves, that's under 12" tall, and relating to tulips, scarecrows or sunflowers.

Other

I collect miniature kitchen utensils so anything to add to this collection would be appreicated.

A candy goodie bag (with just a little chocolate as I'm allergic but my family would love it) - I know this might be a strange request but I've seen some that others have received and they look so good!

About me:  I'm from Alberta, Canada, and am a stay at home Mom of 2 teenage sons.  I love making crafts (quilt, crochet, sew) and swapping with people.  My favorite colors are dark green and dark blue.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2006 06:08:41 PM by Homerof2 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
dontlookback
« Reply #66 on: May 03, 2006 07:52:32 PM »

I'll claim crystalfairy's wish for a flower scarf Smiley

I'm in New York and here's my list:

1- Amy Butler type of fabric- actually any type of fabric you have- preferably about a yard long.

2- A bag like this:

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=31017.0

3- Felt bead necklace like the purple one in the link below.
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=21330.0

4- A clutch like the Sex and the City one. I would love the white knitted one that has cables in it on the dowels.
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=32972.140

5- A painting inspired by Monet to dress up my bedroom.

6- A diy kit for sewing a specific project that you are good at. I'm a beginner sewer and I work well with patterns but I would love to learn some new projects. For example: If you're good at making Jordy bags or a certain type of skirt than you could send me a picture filled tutorial and some materials to aid me. I can make a lot of basic things so I would love learning something with more difficulty. If you need me to be clearer you can PM me.

7- A wallet made of some big bold flower fabric [not paisley flower like] Pretty please!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=87323.0
The fabric and style is perfect.

8-- DIY stencil kit or Kanzashi flower kit. I'm loving the kits that you guys put together- every one I've gotten has been incredibly amazing!

9- A knitted headband like this one:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=74104.0
I love the colors used in it too.

10- I love everything about this orange clutch:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=77766.0

11- A bag knitting bag like the green one down at the bottom of the page. I love the color!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=88284.10

12- Any Amy Butler patterns that you have [with all pattern pieces and directions, please]

14- Anything on my wists Smiley

15- I'm sort of in a long distance relationship and I would love a kit that would help cheer me up for the times that my boyfriend isn't here. OR a kit that would help motivate me to work out and eat better. The whole winter I've been living on a diet of cheese doodles and brownies. Hehe.

16- A fleece hat with ears on it [with directions included so I can learn how to make more]

I'll try to think of some more stuff...I'm sorry for holding up the swap  Embarrassed

About me: I'm 22 and I'm going for my masters in early education. I work at a daycare center in a classroom filled with four year olds. I love to knit [beginner], crochet, cook, and sew. I want to broaden my crafting horizons though so I want to learn some new things. I love dark gem-like colors, especially blues, plums, and reds.  I'm a simple girly-girl. I think this picture best sums up my style: http://static.flickr.com/31/63660763_ae87a69fec.jpg?v=0
« Last Edit: May 04, 2006 10:26:55 AM by dontlookback » THIS ROCKS   Logged

...i just want a moment to be real

Etsy Shop
http://dontlookback.etsy.com

Wists:
http://www.wists.com/dontlookback
tasha07
Whovian

Doctor Who ♥

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 04, 2006 01:11:12 PM »

ok... i'm gonna snag dontlookback for a cabled clutch. i haven't made one of these, and i've never done cables, so bear with me as far as time goes. lol. i'll work really hard, i promise!

- handspun yarn. Smiley

- fabric (retro/funky/springy)

- tote bag

- jasfitz style tote or wallet. with a tree or a cat or something on it. (it would be completely and totally loved, i promise!)

- DIY microscope slide pendant kit (i can buy the soldering iron, by the way).

- handpainted/handmade tea cup or coffee mug (i love tea!).

- fork bracelet (with swirled tines, those look so cool to me), spoon ring (size 4.5.. small fingers!).

- candy wrapper purse (like she makes).

- cookie-ish/cakey scented lotion/bubble bath/soap/candles/etc. (think tutti dolci from bath and body works.)

- fun magnets for our fridge (it's so bare!).

- hand-etched glasses (regular/martini/wine, whichever).

- anything from my wists!

about me:
my name is Tasha and i'm going to be 22 this tuesday (may 9th). i'm living in Wilmington, NC (huge dawson's creek fan, we just moved here a couple of weeks ago). i have one cat, his name is Kai and he has feline leaukemia, but so far, he's doing well. i like light blues, reds, black, and springy green. not neons/pink/yellow/orange. i knit, and soon, i hope to get a sewing machine so i can start sewing. Smiley
« Last Edit: May 04, 2006 01:24:20 PM by rockstr009 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

ksta
« Reply #68 on: May 04, 2006 01:20:24 PM »

I claim dontlookback's wish for an amy butler pattern (this is my first claim)  Smiley

I'm in Georgia, USA, aaaannndd...here's the list!

1.  A reconstructed shirt like some of the ones from ohmystars.net .  PM for measurements, size, preference.

2.  A stencilled tshirt (PM for size) of Robert Smith (of the Cure)  ohmystars.net used to have a stencil of his face, but I don't know if they still do.  If not, any other awesomely cool person will do.

3.  An embelished hoodie (again, PM for size).

4.  Any totally kick-ass purse...I can't seem to get enough of those   Smiley

5.  A cozie for my ipod mini.  I'm totally loving the little fury monster domokun on that's in the featured projects.     http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=76605.0

6.  A bracelet made out of those flat-backed clear marbles with a cool picture glued to the back (hopefully the craftster whose reading this will know what i'm talking about...if not, PM me.

7.  A belt embelished with different beer bottle caps (PM for size).

8.  Hand spun/dyed yarn.

9.  A kit on how to hand spin yarn.

10.  A unique, cool photo in a cool frame to hang on my wall, or either a neato painting to hang.

11.  A mixed CD of 80's alternative/goth/metal music (for example the cure, joy division, billy idol, echo and the bunnymen, etc.) with an embelished case.

12.  A cool necklace.

13.  Throw pillow/pillow cover.

14.  Cool fabric.

A little about me:  I'm 25 and my tastes are rather eclectic.  I love tattoo art, Blythe dolls, vintage things, Asian culture-esque type stuff, among other things.  I love the color red and also hot pink, black, purple, green, and blue (alot of colors, i know.)  PM me if you have any questions.  Peace!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I don't take drugs.  I am drugs."  --Salvador Dali
Homerof2

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 04, 2006 01:22:19 PM »

ksta - someone has already claimed dontlookback so you can't claim her.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 37 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
The Secret to a Sexy, Long Ponytail
Hair Styling Made Simple: Tips From a Pro
Worst Hair Day Ever
Restore Shine With a Miracle Hair Mask
Beauty Discovery: Hair Care, Reinvented
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Painted Background
Easy Summer Salads
Meatless Monday: Gluten Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...