A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 304,755
Currently Running With Scissors:
760 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Unconditional Swap May CLOSED  (Read 10072 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

flrtingwdisaster
« on: April 30, 2006 04:36:31 PM »

PLEASE READ ALL DETAILS AND RULES VERY CAREFULLY!

Swap name: Unconditional Swap May
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: flrtingwdisaster (Organizers will change every month)
Sign-up date range: May 1 - May 31
Date to send item by: Must send out item within 2 weeks of picking a partner
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): No
Non-U.S. participants allowed? Of course!
All ages allowed? Or 18+? Yes, but make sure your parents are okay with it and that you'll have a ride to the post office!
Organizer is aware of users with negative feedback and will not allow those members to participate: Yes

For those of you who joined this swap in April:
Feel free to post any 3 wishes you please (AFTER you've been APPROVED), they do not have to be the same as last month!

Please remember to send in the form even if you had a list in April. I am a new organizer, and I don't have your information!

You must PM the organizer when you repost your list, so she knows that you have done so and can check it. PLEASE DO NOT post anything other than your wishlist and a little bit of info about you, any questions or comments can go here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=50691.0

SWAP DETAILS

-- Each person interested will post a list of maximum THREE items they want. (Try and list items that you cannot make, but would like to have). These items must be reasonable; it must not be ones that would cost someone a truckload of money to make for you!

-- Once you have given your three items good thought, reply to this thread and post your 3 wishes, along with any other information that will be helpful for those looking to craft for you. (Color preferences, style, size, design, etc)

-- Those coming along this thread will scroll and read all sign ups, and decide if they want to craft for someone. Those who sign up as well are free to craft for another.

-- The catch to this is you cannot expect anything in return for your efforts except a thank you. That is why it's called an unconditional swap. You can hope that someone else or maybe that same person would want to make you something as well and then craft for you. And knowing the great craftsters here, I'm sure everyone will receive something.

-- Each month the organizer will change. All information of the swap will be transferred to the next organizer. An announcement will be posted about this change. This month (May 1 - May 31) is flrtingwdisaster. From the first of every other month, a new organizer will be in charge.

-- Each person can be picked 2 TIMES! This means that only 2 people can send to someone. Within those 2 people, the person may receive all 3 items. I.e. "A" and "B" are sending to "X". A chooses to send 1 item off the list, while B chooses to send the other 2 items. Therefore fulfilling all 3 wishes of "X".
Now, it is not necessary to fulfill all three 3 wishes..."A" could send just one item and "B" could choose to send one item thereby fulfilling two wishes on "X's" wish list.

-- When you post your wish list be sure to mention the country you are in on that post. For example:

I am in India.
Wish 1
Wish 2
Wish 3

-- Once you have been picked twice your name will be crossed out in red on the list. You can be on the list again the next month, when the organizer changes.

-- The crossed out names can be back on the list once the organizer changes (every month).

-- As soon as anyone picks a partner, you have to ship them their stuff within 2 weeks.

-- If more than one person picks a person and wants to make them the same item, then the person who Pmed the organizer first will get preference to make that item.

I would appreciate if you could PM me with the DC number or scan the receipt. And - Please DO NOT write your original post in any other color but black. This will make it easier to sort through.

-- All in all this is sort of a good karma swap. Give unconditionally is your motto my fellow craftsters.

-- All regular swap rules do apply for this. All of you who sign up will be screened to see if you are eligible to join the swap, including Newbies.

-- Positive and Negative feedback will be given for this swap. Your feedback will reflect the number of people you send to that month.

-- When you PM me your wish choices, please include their craftster name, wish # and wish.

*** NEW ***
I will continue the trend of posting who has chosen who.

"There's been a lot of talk about flaking and since this swap has a higher potential for flaking than others, I've taken the suggestion to post who is taking who's wishes in a format similar to the Ongoing Wish Swaps. If you really want to keep it a secret, thats fine, just let me know when you pm with your choice(s). I am just giving this a try to see how it goes, the next organizer may choose not to do it this way. My intention is to cut down on the amount of flaking that is happening with this swap."

Please DO NOT post your lists until AFTER I've told you you're in.

When you have been picked PLEASE crossout and change the colour of your post accordingly (green for one wish, red for two-three wishes fulfilled). If you need help with that, feel free to PM me.

PLEASE PM THE ORGANIZER WITH THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IF YOU WISH TO PARTICIPATE:
preg_replace('/(.{49})/', '$1 ', '_______________________________________________________')
Name of swap: Unconditional Swap May
Craftster username:
Email address:
Your real name:
Mailing address:
Do you understand the way this swap works?

Please remember to wait for me to okay you before you post your list
preg_replace('/(.{49})/', '$1 ', '_______________________________________________________')
« Last Edit: June 02, 2006 05:47:58 PM by flrtingwdisaster » THIS ROCKS   Logged
flrtingwdisaster
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2006 04:38:05 PM »

PARTICIPATING CRAFTSTERS:
Next to your name I will list your status.
Green = picked once
Red = unavailable

01. night_owl (sent 2)
02. sillysausage (sent 1)
03. IMIS
04. phantomssiren
05. jaami (sent 1, 2 out)
06. hertrigger (sent 1)
07. zenochka (sent 1)
08. kneat (1 out)
09. almostascone
10. fadeawaydream
11. pinkkittypiper (1 out)
12. pibbgirl
13. nikkisixx666
14. stellato_escuro
15. simplyfussfree (1 out)
16. laraebay
17. lasandri
18. serialdeviant (sent 1)
19. devilninny
20. lucid501
21. Ezri_B (2 out)
22. Krysta
23. rosali (1 sent)
24. dontlookback
25. soadchik
26. princessblueberry (sent 2)
27. lucy van pelt (sent 1, 1 out)
28. akredhead (1 out)
29. bracelet_girl
30. classycrafter
31. gyouko
32. TheWorldFamous (1 out)
33. catpants (sent 1)
34. veludo (2 out)
35. sarah- (sent 1)
36. Drea4545 (sent 2)
37. rainbow_art
38. lhackett (1 out)
39. Ember77 (1 out)
40. missamorphosis - (sent 1)
41. beautifulloser (sent 1)
42. L (sent 1)
43. Minusxl3lindfold
44. flrtingwdisaster
45. pinkangel1979 (sent 1)
46. redheadedali (2 out)
47. fairyprincessbeaniebaby
48. redpopsicles
49. Kasie
50. Bigmouth (sent 1, 1 out)
51. jenefor (sent 1)
52. Happychick
53. sweetie pie press
54. lauriemk (1 out)
55. kiki_eks
56. hardcoremothball (2 out)
57. boywonder (sent 1)
58. Princess Dukki
59. anotheer (1 out)
60. artxinxlies (sent 1)
61. Writer78 (sent 2)

NEVER BEEN CHOSEN CRAFTSTERS:
akredhead
artxinxlies
hardcoremothball
jenefor
Kasie
kiki_eks
kneat
laraebay
phantomssiren
pinkangel1979
pinkkittypiper
princessblueberry
Princess Dukki
redpopsicles
sillysausage
soadchik
stellato_escuro
sweetie pie press

SEND OUTS:

Send by 5/15
almostascone (sillysausage > wish #1 - candy)
flrtingwdisaster (princessblueberry > wish #3 - stationary)

Send by 5/16
lucid501 (Drea4545 > wish #1 - sleepmask)
hertrigger (night_owl > wish #3 - birthday surprise)
jaami (night_owl > wish #1 - knit nautili)
lhackett (zenocha > wish #2 - art supplies)
night_owl (Ember77 > wish #1 - stickers)
lasandri (kneat > wish #1 - surprise)
pibbgirl (catpants > wish #1 - surprise)

Send by 5/17
catpants (princessblueberry > wish #3 - ephemera)
bracelet_girl (jaami > wish #1 - zippered pouch)
fadeawaydream (missamorphosis > wish #2 - crochet item)
classycrafter (lucy van pelt > wish #2 - stationary)
classycrafter (TheWorldFamous > elvis purse)

Send by 5/18
serialdeviant (sarah- > wish #1 - surprise)
zenochka (Ezri_B > wish #2 - breastfeeding necklace)
Krysta (redheadedali > jewelry)
Krysta (L > birthday present)

Send by 5/19
TheWorldFamous (beautifulloser > wish #3 - yarn/knitting supplies)
Minusxl3lindfold (pinkangel1979 > wish #1 - stationary)
IMIS (serialdeviant >wish #1 - something from wist)
beautifulloser (Ezri_B > wish #1 - knit baby hat)

Send by 5/22
lasandri (hertrigger > surprises)
jaami (Bigmouth > wish #2 - pirate ship/anchor)
veludo (Bigmouth > wish #1 - supplies)
L (pinkkittypiper > iron ons)
dontlookback (jaami > #1 wish - supplies)
Happychick (lhackett > #1 wish - stationary)

Send by 5/23
missamorphosis (jenefor > wish #2 - buttons)

Send by 5/24
fairyprincessbeaniebaby (redheadedali > local music)
Happychick (lucy van pelt > wish #3)

Send by 5/25
lucy van pelt (fadeawaydream > wish #1 - bracelet)
Ezri_B (lauriemk > surprise)

Send by 5/26
lauriemk (Drea4545 > wish #3 - bandana)

Send by 5/30
sarah- (rosali > wish #2 - sewing notions)
redheadedali (writer78 > wish #1 - fabric)
nikkisixx666 (writer78 > wish #2 - small trinket/jewelry box)

Send by 6/6
gyouko (boywonder > wish #2 - hemp necklace)
devilninny (simplyfussfree > wish #1 - surprise for boyfriend)
Bigmouth (veludo > wish #2)

Send by 6/7
boywonder (jaami > fleece pillowcase)

Send by 6/8
rainbow_art (anotheer > wish #3 - surprise)

Send by 6/9
Drea4545 (artxinxlies > wish #1 - housewarming surprise)
simplyfussfree (hardcoremothball > wish #2 - squares for quilt)
anotheer (veludo > wish #2)
Bigmouth (akredhead > wish #1)
boywonder (hardcoremothball > wish #2 - braceletes)

Send by 6/15
rosali (fadeawaydream > something from wists)
Writer78 (lasandri > journal)

GALLERY

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=94076.msg889117#msg889117
« Last Edit: June 28, 2006 03:29:36 PM by flrtingwdisaster » THIS ROCKS   Logged
flrtingwdisaster
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2006 04:39:12 PM »

Okay, I'll start...

I am in NY, USA.

Wish #1 - Fabric! (anything like the links)
-- http://www.fabricdepot.com/images/MIM-FqP-DaisyPack_2.gif
-- http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/2052/2096/320/DSCN2226.jpg
-- http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/2052/2096/320/DSCN2193.jpg
-- http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/2052/2096/320/DSCN2173.jpg
-- http://photos1.blogger.com/hello/64/9388/400/DSCN1847.jpg
-- http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/2052/2096/320/DSCN2134.jpg

Wish #2 - A hobo bag done the tinafish way

Wish #3 - Stationary Thank you, princessblueberry Grin

INFO - I like bright colors, hot pink, earthy colors. The bag should be a medium size. Not too large, not too small. Enough room to hold a wallet, cellphone, make up, etc. I like stars, hearts, stripes, polka dots, forest/nature themes, etc. PM me with a picture or link to the fabric if you're unsure it fits my taste. Really though, I'm not hard to please! I'm always in need of cute stationary to write to my penpals with and to add to swap packages! If you have any other questions, then just PM me Smiley

Thank you to anyone who sends to me Grin
« Last Edit: May 02, 2006 07:34:40 AM by flrtingwdisaster » THIS ROCKS   Logged
IMIS
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2006 05:34:18 PM »

Hi everyone! My name is Simi and I am from the USA, Brooklyn, NY to be exact! Ok, here goes my list:

1. Anything from my wists: http://www.wists.com/IMIS[/url] Oh wow! I am so, so excited! Thanks serialdeviant!!!

2. Anything from my wists (NO ANIMAL MATERIALS PLEASE): http://www.wists.com/IMIS

3. These beautiful silvery star earrings!http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=86059.0

Just want to thank whoever chooses me!! I really really appreciate it!!!

I am 16 years old, and love animals and art.....and of course crafts! My favorite colors are pink, turquoise, and blue. I have a pet(bird) cockatiel, and a pet fish. I am in the 11th grade, and can't wait to graduate next year....WOOHOO!!!! I am also a vegetarian. This summer I want to learn how to crochet, and I want to learn how to sew really well. Always trying to find new things to craft.
Please PM me for any other info you might need. Thanks!!!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006 05:57:40 PM by IMIS » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am looking to swap for knitting needles and supplies! If you are interested in doing a PERSONAL SWAP with me, please PM me! Thanks!!!
jaami
was born with roses in her eyes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2006 06:34:57 PM »

WOW! Thank you girls for fulfilling those two wishes! You are too generous!  Kiss

Wish 1
I would be in heaven if someone would knit me one (or two if you reeeeeally want to spoil a girl!) of these amazing knit nautili! Any color under the sun, I just adore these more than words! (I'll even send you yarn to make me one, I want them so bad) Please please!
http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEspring06/PATTnautie.html
THANK YOU SO MUCH NIGHT OWL!!! I AM SO EXCITED!!!  Grin  Kiss Kiss

Wish 2
I'd love something with a pirate ship or anchor on it.
There's a couple ideas sort of on my wists, but while I am thinking big, perhaps a tee shirt, tote bag, skirt, pillow cases. On the smaller scale, I'd be smitten with any jewelry, a journal, cd holder... the options are endless!
(Not to sound too picky, but for the pirate ship I'm more a fan of the vessel than over the top pirate garb like a skull and crossbones... think "pretty pirate" maybe?)

THANK YOU BIGMOUTH! YOU MADE MY DAY!!! Cheesy

Wish 3
A surprise, with one of my favorite themes or likes. I have a swap info page down below that might help get your crafty juices flowing. If you're feeling really generous a surprise from my wists (or a reproduction of something that I have listed) would make my day ten times over!

About me
In May I will be heading back to New York... I think this will be the 8th time I've participated in the Unconditional Swaps, I love these! I am hoping to send to more than one person this month, so post those lists girls! I spend the majority of my crafting time sewing and knitting, but also do book arts and printmaking. My vices tend to be chocolate, Neutral Milk Hotel, old timeyness, animals, the sea, Vans Slip Ons, warm sunny days, and hopeless romantics. I love blues and greens, pinks (if they're not clothing or accessories), creamy colors and earthy tones (I'm a huge sucker for bold sunset/sunrise hues!). Though it's not craft related, right now my biggest distraction is dreaming of owning a little boutique on the New England coast selling all handmade goods while I wait for my handsome blue eyed seaman hubby (wishful thinking!) to come home and snuggle with me...  Roll Eyes A girl can dream! Thank you in advance for reading and to anyone who is kind enough to pick me!

My wists are here: http://www.wists.com/octops
My swap info page is here: http://plush-octops.livejournal.com/12357.html
« Last Edit: May 08, 2006 05:38:01 AM by jaami » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've been away from the site going through lots of medical testing. If I have not wrote you or mailed something, please understand that my concerns right now are my health and I will send things asap!

Please DO NOT COPY the toys, drawings or stickers I make. They're copyrighted!
hertrigger
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Vacation

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2006 06:54:06 PM »

hi, im vanessa. Smiley

my three wishes:

- a shirt that says "pale is the new tan" kinda like this: http://www.noisebot.com/pale_is_the_new_tan_t-shirt?gclid=CNXWgs6L1oQCFRv4SAodu0koOg mens black, M please (NOT STRETCHY)

- a reconned my little pony, a punk one, maybe black, with black and red hair, and a skull, yeah!

- a birthday surprise (MAY 24th!) im gonna be 22! anything from my wists: http://www.wists.com/hertrigger or a surprise you might think i would like! THANK YOU NIGHT_OWL! IM SO EXICTED!

let see. im 21 years old. i live in california. i have short blackish/reddish hair (hair bobby pins are a new thing for me!) i like skulls, stars, hearts, checkard stuff, red and black, bright pink and black. people say im "goth" but im not, just because i wear black doesnt mean im goth. ive also been called punk, which im not. i just like the style. thank you in advance if you choose me!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2006 02:36:31 PM by hertrigger » THIS ROCKS   Logged

-- thepromoshop.etsy.com

I am out of state for the month of August. All packages will be sent when I get back home!
almostascone
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2006 07:08:42 PM »

I am in Chicago, IL, USA.

1. Candy or snack food from your part of the world! I love to travel, and one of my favorite parts is finding new crazy foods. Thanks Sillysausage!

2. A panta! Apparently I'm the only craftster girl without one. Teal or black would be great.

3. A toothbrush or fork bracelet. They're just so cool

About me: I'll be heading into my first year of college this fall at the University of Illinois, and it'll be my first time out of a big city for more than a month. I love people, cute animals, and bright colors/anything colorful, especially yellow, teal/turquoise, and dark red. I love chocolate, candy, and really all kinds of food (except spicy food, bananas and bubblegum). I also love science fiction books and movies, and attend science fiction conventions several times a year. I'm a huge Kurt Vonnegut fan.

Thanks in advance! >__>
« Last Edit: May 01, 2006 01:07:37 PM by almostascone » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps.

http://www.wists.com/almostascone
zenochka
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2006 07:21:22 PM »

Hi! I'm Cheryl from the Garden State of NJ in the USA. Here are my wishes:

1. A decorated 8x10 photo frame or photo mat. I had a maternity photo shoot done in March and would love for it to have a baby or mommy type springtime theme that I can put the picture in

2. a breastfeeding or nursing beaded necklace, something fun and eyecatching for Brenna to grab onto instead of me as she gets more alert Thank you!!!!

3. A birthday present surprise! would love something taurus themed! my birthday is May 2nd and I'll be 27

About me: I'm now a mommy of 3 -2 boys and 1 girl. I love the colors blue and purple, renaissance faires and Celtic things, fairies, dragons, animated disney movies...I have a lot of interests and love all things crafted and made. Anything else you would like to know pm me! Thanks if you choose me!!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2006 05:07:28 PM by zenochka » THIS ROCKS   Logged

employed = hardly any time to sew :-(
fadeawaydream
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2006 07:26:51 PM »

Ah, it's nice to sit back as a participant.  Wink  My name is Natalie, and I live in the Chicagoland area in the good old state of Illinois in the US of A.

1. Quilted hot pads/oven mitts... I'm moving out and am afraid of burning myself.
2. Crochet me something or send me an extra hook you have lying around so that I can learn! Thanks missamorphosis!
3. Birthday surprise from my Wists--My birthday's in May too! I'll be turning 22 on May 26, two days after hertrigger!

About me: I'm an aspiring children's librarian--I'll be starting my GSLIS program at UIUC in the fall. I am elated that I'm graduating and that I finally have time to craft! My favorite colors are brown, green, orange, blues (teal/turquoise) and anything deep or muted. I'm not a fan of pastels, black, pink, white, polka dots, stripes, or checkered designs. I love floral print and corduroy. I love to knit but I think crochet would be more time-effective for me. I'm a rather simple gal and easy to please. Feel free to PM me with any questions. (:
« Last Edit: May 06, 2006 03:17:18 PM by fadeawaydream » THIS ROCKS   Logged

nikkisixx666
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2006 08:23:34 PM »

Hello,

I'm from Toronto, Canada.

I would love if anyone granted any of the following wishes:

Wish #1: A needle roll for double pointed needles (I am a hopeless at sewing and at organization, the present system of a basket full of jumbled up dpns makes starting any circular knitting project a very daunting task!).

Wish #2: A little decorated jewellery box or shrine.  Thank you writer78!!!!

Wish #3: A mod style dress for my Blythe doll (you can check out www.thisisblythe.com if you've never seen one before).

A little bit about me - I'm currently completing my MA and also working. I love bright colours, pop-art, all things kitschy, retro, and otherwise interesting; sailor jerry tattoos, mexican muertos, anatomical hearts and swallows and unicorns.  I love gum but can't have it because no matter how hard I end up eating instead of chewing it...
« Last Edit: May 16, 2006 07:16:18 PM by nikkisixx666 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Aquarella Swimwear Summer 2015 Miami - Backstage, Interviews & Runway
5 Types of Makeup Primers
The Right Way to Conceal Your Skin During the Hot Summer Months
Party Eyes Tutorial
Get Longer Eyelashes Without False Lashes
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...