A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,058
Currently Running With Scissors:
599 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: French Party  (Read 947 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

browniepie
« on: April 29, 2006 08:14:57 PM »

http://[center][/center]
[/glow][/color]

For my Sweet Sixteen, I want everyone to dress up for my birthday party.  I, as well as most of my friends, take French, and I've always wanted to visit France, so I thought that that would be the perfect theme for my birthday.  I want to have some sort of version of an outdoor French cafe in my backyard.  If you have any French recipies, ideas, and ESPECIALLY DECORATIONS to enhance my theme, I'd loooooove to hear them. THANKS!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Retro_Turtle13

Im a Barbie Girl! In a Barbie World...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2006 01:45:08 PM »

Well I just got back from Paris 3 weeks ago and it was amazing, but anyways..I thought maybe you'd like to hear from someone whos actually been there.

BURETS(sp?) arent really big with the french, but with tourists.....yes. You could get burrets and black pants and striped long sleeve shirts. You could make a cut-out of the eifel tower. Signs for the Lourve, Notre Dame, The Eifel Tower, The Arc de Triumph, Moulin Rouge.. The Opera House even....

You could TOTALLY go with the Moulin Rouge theme...have your friends even dress up as old Moulin Rouge girls. Try and make a moulin rouge windmill cutout and have little things like that laid all around and in the end watch Moulin Rouge!

CREPES with nutella are also BIG....and to die for I might add. So you could have crepes and baggetes, they almost never give you butter with your bread though...

Thats all I can think of for now...I hope its good!  Smiley
« Last Edit: April 30, 2006 01:46:44 PM by Retro_Turtle13 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit Grannyscupboard.net for great bath products made of all natural ingrediants. Soaps,Bath Balls, Shower Gels, Bubble Bath, Luxurious handcrafted soaps, and more. They are all at your fingertips! Go now!
browniepie
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2006 02:32:29 PM »

bagettes and crepes = awesome ideas ! thanks so much
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Retro_Turtle13

Im a Barbie Girl! In a Barbie World...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2006 02:35:03 PM »

No problem! Im glad I could help!

Also for decorations if you have some old suitcases with cool stamps or whatever you could set them by the doorway to signal you've arrived or something?? Idk.

Tea lights will set the mood.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit Grannyscupboard.net for great bath products made of all natural ingrediants. Soaps,Bath Balls, Shower Gels, Bubble Bath, Luxurious handcrafted soaps, and more. They are all at your fingertips! Go now!
Thesingingllamas
Queen of the Waffles

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2006 07:28:11 PM »

French onion soup? French bread? Croissants? Chocolate mousse? Quiche?
I am taking french right now, I'm not any good at it, though, but its fun to interject it randomly in everyday language.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cicile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2006 10:11:04 AM »

Well, I can give you a totally traditionnal receipe for crepes (..I'm french)  Wink

For 15 crepes :
Put in a bowl, 350g of flour, 750 mL of cold milk.
Add 3 eggs and a little salt.
Mix. And wait 30 minutes before use.

We usually eat crepes with Nutella, jam (strawberry etc.) or simply some sugar.
We also eat it with salted things : ham & cream & cheese, smoked salmon & cream.
My favourites are : mushromms & cream.

Sometimes, my friends  & I have "crepes parties". Every guest brings an ingredient with him.
And every one puts what he wants in his crepes : that's fun !
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Summerbabi
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2006 06:37:25 PM »

I too have just gotten back from France about 3 weeks ago!!!! Crepes are very very big over there.  I know you want to get dressed up and what not...but I'll give a little teenage french fashion tip:  cuffs are big with jeans, and converses are a must!

But Crepes were what I lived on over there. Definitely serve them. Also chocolate mousse is amazing. Have that. Also what would be cute is if you had a card board cut out of the eiffel tower. 

I know this sounds mean, but under the eiffel tower there were many beggers, so maybe you could get your parents to dress up like beggers and go up to people at the party and say "excuse me do you speak english??" Then they hand you a card that will read " I am from Bosnia, (or some other country) I have no food or money, and need to support my family, could you please donate to me?"
It's kind of cruel to do it at a party, but if you want to have the "under the eiffel tower" feeling it's just a suggestion. But give everyone fake money and see how many people get suckered over throughout the night Smiley!

Okay, maybe more later. Good luck. I'm also having a Paris Themed Sweet 16. So, good luck again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Success is not about the final outcome, its about what you have learned and acheived along the way." -- Rachel Smith, Miss USA

And boy oh boy, I've learned ALOT.
Summerbabi
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2006 06:39:15 PM »

ALSO!!!!!!!!!!! maybe you could watch PHantom of the Opera since it is set in France.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Success is not about the final outcome, its about what you have learned and acheived along the way." -- Rachel Smith, Miss USA

And boy oh boy, I've learned ALOT.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Tips from Muscle Expert Rob DeStefano
Travel Writer George Taber Explores Bacchus
Author Adriana Trigiani Talks About Very Valentine
Sherrilyn Kenyon and Dianna Love on Collaborating
Omar Tyree Talks About Being a Writer
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...