A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,859
Currently Running With Scissors:
790 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Admit your fave guilty pleasure movie swap?  (Read 3658 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Sandylin
« on: April 29, 2006 10:47:38 AM »

I'm sure we all have a favorite movie that we're a little embarrassed to admit to. You know, like when you're flipping the channels and Mystic Pizza is on, and you just can't turn away even though you've seen it 5000 times? But it never makes it on any official list of your favorite movies.

Anyways, my suggestion is this: Admit your favorite GP movie to your swap partner, who would then craft you something inspired by that film so you can show it off with pride. The questionaire could ask for your favorite GP movie, why you like it, and random craft ideas you can think of (since you would know your movie best) as a jumping off point for your partner. What do you all think? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You may be the universe's butt puppet, but I'm its right hand fist of fate." - Wonderfalls
kahluakiggy
Tirelessly working to raise the next generation of Craftsters.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2006 07:16:26 PM »

That would be kinda cool.  *pondering*  What could someone make from Love Actually?  Ooh, a Nativity Lobster!  Or an Alan Rickman doll...Ooh...I like this idea... Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

What doesn't kill you makes you stranger. --The Joker

After all, to the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure. -- Albus Dumbledore

Sokka: My first girlfriend turned into the moon.
Zuko: Thats rough, buddy.
starlawill
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2006 10:09:12 AM »

hmmm...this could be interesting. mine would be some cheesy 80's movie. love my 80's movies. my hubby actually has my 80's movies quarantined on our dvd shelf. that's fine! i know exactly where to go when i'm in that 80's movie mood.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kymporter
One day sock monkeys will take over the world... make sure you're on their side!

I am indeed Vada's mom!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2006 11:04:55 AM »

does a movie you love to watch count because your fav actor is nude?  Ewan McGregor in "The Pillow Book"........
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SWI: Sewing While Intoxicated
Tinkerbellforever
self proclaimed starlight fairy queen

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2006 01:48:41 PM »

haha..that would be cool. the only thing is, if it's really random movies, then most people might not have heard of them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

and remember that [depth] is the greatest of *heights*
IceCreamCone
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2006 01:04:06 PM »

I don't take it as random movies, but rather, a movie you could watch 3 times in the same day - but you wouldn't really buy a shirt that has the logo on it.

Haha, like the movie 8 Mile.  I could watch that movie over and over on VH1, but I'm sure if a friend called during, I'd most likely say I was just watching 'tv' or 'not doing anything'.  Sad, but oh well.

Of course, guilty pleasure could mean different things to people. 
Like, I also could watch the movie Better Off Dead over and over, but I am not embarrased to say it and I am shocked when people say they have never seen it....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sandylin
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2006 03:50:16 PM »

I don't take it as random movies, but rather, a movie you could watch 3 times in the same day - but you wouldn't really buy a shirt that has the logo on it.

Haha, like the movie 8 Mile.  I could watch that movie over and over on VH1, but I'm sure if a friend called during, I'd most likely say I was just watching 'tv' or 'not doing anything'.  Sad, but oh well.
Exactly! I looove Roadhouse, kind of b/c it is bad and, of course, b/c Sam Elliot is hot, but I would probably try to play it off if I was caught watching it. ("What? No, I was just flipping the channels...") Wink

I suppose if your guilty pleasure movie is somewhat obscure (like Roadside Prophets or something else you can't find at a mainstream movie rental store) there might be a problem, but for the most part I bet you'd be able to find them.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You may be the universe's butt puppet, but I'm its right hand fist of fate." - Wonderfalls
shewolf
I call her Vera.

The hero of Canton

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2006 05:50:48 PM »

Hmmm. . .Zardoz or the Evil Dead movies. . .
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(\__/) This is Fat Bunny.
( o.o ) It has taken over, and eaten the unbelievers.
( > < ) Copy Bunny into your signature or be EATEN!

www.rattleheadgames .com - for all your gaming needs!

http://www.wists.com/shewolf I wish, I wish, with all my heart.... Smiley
IceCreamCone
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2006 11:41:04 PM »

Exactly! I looove Roadhouse, kind of b/c it is bad and, of course, b/c Sam Elliot is hot, but I would probably try to play it off if I was caught watching it. ("What? No, I was just flipping the channels...") Wink

I suppose if your guilty pleasure movie is somewhat obscure (like Roadside Prophets or something else you can't find at a mainstream movie rental store) there might be a problem, but for the most part I bet you'd be able to find them.

I have never heard of Roadhouse, so I looked it up.  "Road House (1989) is one of those films that everyone points to as a perfect example of a terrible film."  But it goes on to say some interesting things too.  Hmm.  I just might have to add it to my Netflix queue!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sandylin
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2006 04:41:19 PM »

I have never heard of Roadhouse, so I looked it up.  "Road House (1989) is one of those films that everyone points to as a perfect example of a terrible film."  But it goes on to say some interesting things too.  Hmm.  I just might have to add it to my Netflix queue!

Yeah, it's kind of awesomely awful.  Wink Good for MST3000 type antics with your friends and a few beers...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Super Bowl Guacamole Recipe
Crispy Pork Belly with Sweet Corn Grits Recipe
How to Make Yummy Mummy
Super Bowl Chili Beans and Rice Recipe
Cherry Crunch Dessert Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Stamping
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...