A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 299,136
Currently Running With Scissors:
442 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: POW! Pop art mural..  (Read 3604 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Irish_Belle
I put my hands among the flames. Nothing burns.

View Profile WWW
« on: April 29, 2006 09:50:04 AM »

My mum was nagging me for ages to paint something on the wall in my little bro's room (he's 9). We had no idea what to put on it, but we wanted to keep in touch with the colour scheme of blue, red and yellow. So when i was in TKK MAXX, i got this cool offical DC batman logo t-shirt, and with the label was this awesome pop-art-ish "pow!" logo, and it was in the exact colours we needed. So i got some small sample pots of wall paint in Homebase, and some black paint (for outlining) that i think was for railings.. but what the hey. I didn't do the outlining for about 2months after, because my dad kept forgetting to get the paint.

But heres the result.. very pleased with it if i may so myself. My mum's at me now to do something else alongside it.  My brother wants something from the Nightmare Before Christmas. Jack and Sally. On the hill (like you can see on his poster, that me, the  coolest sis ever got for him 2 weeks ago when i was in England Tongue)

And you can see how it ties in with the curtains (tacky ones at that in my opinion, my mum got them).. and the lovely organisation of the posters.. i tidied them up for him last week. And i stuck those glow on the dark things on the wall, and in the bare space.

I love Pop art, and the comic book pictures.. hopefully when im all grown up with kids i'll have comic cook hero room for my little boy, or maybe the girl might get into it when she's older Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gemma_lisa
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2006 02:45:28 PM »

Wow that's cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
p0orcelain
sweet bombom

sweet bombom

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2006 03:18:59 PM »

it looks great! I love the colors Smiley * *
THIS ROCKS   Logged

toxic_candy1
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2006 04:09:21 PM »

I love the POW! I found an icon before with exclamations like that. If I find it I'll send it to you. Smiley Great room, pop art is love.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tequila mockingbird
Irish_Belle
I put my hands among the flames. Nothing burns.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2006 07:43:45 AM »

I love the POW! I found an icon before with exclamations like that. If I find it I'll send it to you. Smiley Great room, pop art is love.

Oh that'd be great! Thank you! I was actually admiring your icon in another forum, a few days ago.. lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

toxic_candy1
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2006 11:19:05 AM »

Oh that'd be great! Thank you! I was actually admiring your icon in another forum, a few days ago.. lol.

LOL. Cheesy Yay. I should switch it soon though, it's been that same icon from the very beginning, since I had joined. Embarrassed Here are the two icons:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

tequila mockingbird
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to create the Lens Flare Effect
How to Make a UFO Video
Low Passing Plane Trick
How to Catch Glasses
Bars1.Mp4
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...