A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 302,458
Currently Running With Scissors:
319 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: NH Sheep and Wool  (Read 1239 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bitibis
Bona Fide Tree Hugger

Fuzzy Bunny!

View Profile WWW
« on: April 24, 2006 08:36:53 PM »

Is anyone heading to this festival?  I've never been but figured anything with tons of fiber, sheepies, bunnies, and llamas couldn't be half bad.  http://www.yankeeshepherd.com/
Besides, maybe I can find something worthy of giving my madre for mothers' day...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gracie247
Librarian wannabe

Crafty Bookworm

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2006 04:05:32 PM »

i'm going! are you in nh? i'm in plymouth. the festival is awesome. this will be my third year going and it is amazing. it's ginormous and there is so much variety and most of the prices are excellent. i wait all year for this. i can't praise it enough!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I feel sorry for people who don't make things. When they wake up in the morning, that's the best they're going to feel all day." -paraphrased Frank Sinatra
bitibis
Bona Fide Tree Hugger

Fuzzy Bunny!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2006 04:23:48 PM »

Nice...I'm in Vermont (South Royalton).  I like how this one and Vermont's are in opposite seasons so I can get a fiber fix every six months or so.  I've never been to this one, but now that you've pointed out it's qualities I really can't wait-I think I need to set a spending limit now...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gracie247
Librarian wannabe

Crafty Bookworm

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2006 08:11:27 AM »

i've never been to the vermont one but i would love to go. do they have a website? on columbus day weekend in nh they do a wool tour, with two or three yarn shops and two or three farms, where you drive around to the different places and each one is kind of a mini-fair. that's really fun too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I feel sorry for people who don't make things. When they wake up in the morning, that's the best they're going to feel all day." -paraphrased Frank Sinatra
theresat
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2006 07:26:30 AM »

I'm planning on going with my dad and his girlfriend.  Ah, the woes of a man with fiber addicts in his life.  Wink

-T
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bitibis
Bona Fide Tree Hugger

Fuzzy Bunny!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2006 10:03:12 PM »

The link for the VT festival is http://www.vermontsheep.org/festival.html
I'll have to look into the wool tour, that looks awesome.  I saw something about a natural dye workshop in NH using madder root and am contemplating if I can afford it.  They're digging up madder root and doing experimenting on different fibers I think.

And theresat- I drag my boyfriend along and he gets caught up in petting all the bunnies and llamas and sheepies and he forgets that he didn't want to come in the first place...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gracie247
Librarian wannabe

Crafty Bookworm

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2006 08:14:37 AM »

that's so funny. the first time i went to the nh festival it was with an old boyfriend who didn't want to go, but by the end he was trying to convince me to bring home an alpaca. i'm excited about the vermont one too! the website said it is in essex junction, which isn't too far from me (not that it really matters...i'm willing to go long distances for fiber!) i'll post the website for the wool tour when i find it again...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bitibis
Bona Fide Tree Hugger

Fuzzy Bunny!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2006 08:03:18 PM »

I think one of the best things about the VT sheep and wool festival is that kaleidoscope yarns is right near it and they always have a big tent sale on the same weekend...besides the huge amounts of fiber fun contained within the festival, of course. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

misshawklet

spin spin spin!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2006 08:32:45 PM »

i'm excited about the vermont one too! the website said it is in essex junction, which isn't too far from me

Where are you two from?!  I'm in Burlington! 

I can't go to the VT one...I'll be at a wedding in San Francisco...waah!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bitibis
Bona Fide Tree Hugger

Fuzzy Bunny!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2006 08:54:05 PM »

Yay for Vermont!  I'm in South Royalton...which is umm...between exit 2 and 3 on 89.  I think that's the easiest way to put it-about an hour southeast of Burlington.

It's too bad you can't go to the VT festival, but San Francisco sounds fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Behind-the-Scenes of the Lone Wolf Audio Book Recording
UnWholly Book Trailer
Douglas Brunt on His Novel "Ghosts of Manhattan"
Michael Vey 2: Rise of the Elgen Book Trailer
Wanda Coven Shares Her Heidi Heckelback Series
Latest Blog Articles
March 25, 2015 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: How to Make 110 Prayer Flags
Whatz Up, My Peeps?

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...