A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,612
Currently Running With Scissors:
507 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: UK<-->US hands across the water Round 2 Gallery  (Read 5932 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

milwjamie
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2006 09:40:00 AM »

LOL peeps are so good, but only when they're sorta stale so they're almost crunchy! Does this make sense??! And totally agree about the only being able to eat one thing...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

recycled_earth

Forget the llamas. Gimme some hedgehog love.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2006 03:11:36 PM »

I got my package from Nix Kisses AGES ago (er, last week some time) but there was no gallery when I got it.  Unfortunately, I live with three kids and a husband, and they tore into the goodies as soon as it arrived, so I've salvaged what I can for photos.   Grin  Sorry for having tons of photos, but this was a really gorgeous package and I had to show it off!

Two amazing bags, made of partially recycled materials!  The one with Marilyn Monroe on the front has a clear vinyl pocket on the back with a Rancid sticker in it - to keep those London punks from hassling me.   Smiley  The sequins on the other bag are magnificent, and so expertly applied.  I've been carrying that one around whenever I don't have my kids with me (because it gets really heavy with my stuff and theirs).

Junk food!  The Nutty Bars box wasn't empty when we got it, I promise.  But it was in the house for just over 24 hours before becoming empty.  There was also a bag of candies, most notably of which were the Andes mints, which I adore but haven't been able to find a suitable substitute in England.  There were bunches of awesome Mexican confections in there, too.  The bag was a lot fuller at first.  Now it's mostly empty wrappers.  She sent several Clif bars, too, but unfortunately they disappeared into tummies long ago.  There's also a mix CD of American music local to my partner's area, an American flag-themed bow, a packet of adorable bee tissues, and a giant bar of Ghiradelli chocolate for baking some of the recipes she sent.

Really awesome Confederate money (two packs of it!), which I'm picturing in some great future projects, a bag of assorted beads, a totally awesome Doughboy patch, a Grow Your Own Poodle (I'm American and I've never even seen some of this stuff!) and some gorgeous pendants. 

Loverly fabric and ric-rac!  The middle one is oranges!

She also sent TONS of recipes - we're both vegetarians, so she sent a bunch of vegetarian recipes and some for desserts.  And random magazine clippings, which I LOVED!  She attached cute little Post-It notes to everything explaining it all.  It was better than Christmas.  Anyway, not pictured are some Mr. Man and Little Miss toys which my kids nearly tore each other apart over.  I have three kids, she sent three toys (because Nix does her homework!), but they couldn't decide who got which toy.  My awesome partner also sent a gift for my English friend who I dragged over half the country shopping for stuff for her!  He's afraid of frogs, so she sent him a frog keychain, which he looked at and said "Well, at least it's not green.  Are most of the frogs orange in America?"  It was priceless.  He wants to send her a box of Freddo Frogs now, since we couldn't find any before I sent her package.

This was absolutely the best swap package EVER!  I'm so lucky to have such an awesome partner.  If I've left anything out, Nix, please let me know - I want to make sure I mention everything you sent because so much thought went into all of it.  I adore everything!  Now that I've gotten pictures I can finally start USING the rest of the stuff!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

If I die before I learn to speak, will money pay for all the days I lived awake but half-asleep?   -Primitive Radio Gods

UK crafters unite!  www.craftermath.co. uk
nix kisses
mischief maker

like butterflies in the Blitz

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2006 11:44:55 AM »

I'm so glad you liked everything!! I was feeling like it was a bit different than than other packages sent.... but that's ok  Smiley
I wanted to post a picture of the mr. men toys (if anyone hasn't seen the characters before they are in the middle there.):

I might have cheated because I'm not sure if it was an American author or a British one but I figure we are both American (she's an American living in England) and I thought they were cute so why not.
I really hope you can use some of those recipes! and the grow your own poodle was a random find at the party store. I thought it was pretty funny!
The tissues were also a kind of random thing to throw in. But then I thought mommys (mummys in the UK?) are always carrying around tissues, may as well have pretty ones.

He's afraid of frogs, so she sent him a frog keychain, which he looked at and said "Well, at least it's not green.  Are most of the frogs orange in America?"  It was priceless.  He wants to send her a box of Freddo Frogs now, since we couldn't find any before I sent her package.

ahahahaha!!! So Cute!! poor guy. We're tormenting him but I couldn't not send the keychain- I was much too amused!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

recycled_earth

Forget the llamas. Gimme some hedgehog love.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2006 12:09:43 PM »

Oh, no!  I knew I would forget something, and I forgot one of the most awesome things of all!  Nix also sent me a glass slide necklace; one side is an Andy Warhol painting (at least I'm pretty sure it is...); the other side has a picture of Janis Joplin with the words "Chaos" and "Beatnik."  It's fabulous and I'm planning on wearing it out if I ever get to go out without my little people in tow.

Also, I don't think I mentioned the many postcards that were in the package.  They're all great, and my son has already claimed the train one!  This was a great swap for everyone in my family!  Thanks again, Nix Kisses!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If I die before I learn to speak, will money pay for all the days I lived awake but half-asleep?   -Primitive Radio Gods

UK crafters unite!  www.craftermath.co. uk
nix kisses
mischief maker

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2006 03:47:14 PM »

I got a wonderful package from England today from my lovely partner Delana (recycled_earth)!
she totally put my package to shame

She sent:

- 4 vinyl records including Elton John's greatest hits and Peter Gabriel
- cool flyers and postcards
- pretty pewter princess pencil (alliteration much?)

- Bill and Ben paint your own seed kit

- football jersey
- napkins shaped like football jerseys! how rad- makes me wanna have a soccer watchin' party
- Union Jack, St. George's, and dinosaur stickers (that's right dinosaurs because why not!?)
- pamphlets from touristy places

- cardboard that looks like the British phone boxes
- santa ornament
- super rad Underground playing cards. They've got like oldfashioned posters on them. My favorite is Underground. The swiftest way to pleasure.
I gotta figure out what I can make out of these because they are so rad that I think they should be displayed for all the world to see. the only think I could think of is a bag but maybe I'll make a skirt (yeah, I'm a wierdo). if anybody has another other ideas let me know.
- Welcome to Britain. It's mainly amusing pictures of life in Britain. Like a MAD PERVERT WILL BE FREED poster on a newsstand and a store selling Playing the Field for Wales thongs and a store display of candy canes (I think?) that are labeled "sex maniac," "up yours," "my nympho," "pervert," and "old slapper" all next to ones labeled "to my mum" and "I love you" Huh Grin I love it!

enough candy to open my own sweets shop!!
- maltesers (which are like the British version of whoppers)
- Luxury Turkish Delight
- sherbet lemons
- treacle toffee
- sugar mice (so cute!)
- white chocolate fish and chips!
- fried eggs ... candy
- 5 packs twigglets
- marmite
- happy hippos

oh and I haven't taken that hat off yet  Grin

I'm pretty sure she made this awesome 70s hippycool bag. I love it!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU D! you rock!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fluffyhelen

<3 etsy&craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2006 04:01:21 PM »

OH MY GOODNESS!  WHAT A SELECTION!!  :O
Very impressive.

Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fluffyhelen

<3 etsy&craftster

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2006 04:11:27 PM »

crafterbynite has received from me..  here is what I sent!!  Smiley

Details:  

Food:  Bisto gravy, Shepherds Pie, Cottage Pie), Blackcurrant Jelly mix, Ovaltine, Options Hot Chocolate (mint),
Candy:  Dip Dabs, Refresher Bar, Rainbow Drops, Caramac, FLUMP, Rowntrees Lolly
Other:  Handknitted drop stitch scarf, finger protector for sewing, a honey dipper/spreader, a pink highlighter pen, some fabric with dragonflies on, sketch drawings and postcards from around Wales, a felt leek (so cool), an owl ornament, a celtic badge and.. a George and the Dragon antique postcard!  Cheesy

Hope you like it all!  Smiley
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011 02:27:45 AM by Phizzychick - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Crafterbynite
Customizing the world ..one shirt at a time

Extraordinary machine!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2006 04:38:31 PM »

Thanks for posting that ...We ate almost everything hehe so the pic would be bare..I'll take an action shot of me with the awesome scarf you knit me.. I loved it... It goes with every thing..I wish I could knit.... Th post card were very cool very interesting about the wooden spoon tradition...I t was a great package...

Thanks so much FluffyHelen
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ETSY :: Wist :: Blog :: Fb :: Twitter
nix kisses
mischief maker

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2006 06:05:31 PM »

OH MY GOODNESS!  WHAT A SELECTION!!  :O
Very impressive.

Smiley

I know right? she sent me SO much and everything is marvelous! <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fluffyhelen

<3 etsy&craftster

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2006 09:05:26 AM »

Yippee!!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
NASA Comes to Airstream
Amy_Vignette
Airstream: Maintaining a Legacy in Jackson Center, Ohio
Making Narrow Quilt Borders
How to Make Rope Bangle Bracelets
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...