A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,050
Currently Running With Scissors:
847 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: ~fold-up table~  (Read 2236 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

atomicgeek

RRAaaRGhHHRaraarblargus

View Profile
« on: December 17, 2003 05:36:28 PM »

i absolutely LOVE this site! everyone is so wonderful and creative!

i have a new dilemma. i found this fold-up table, which had a broken leg so i just replaced the dowel. the legs cross over to make an "x"and they just slide together and can easily be stored. it was a GREAT trash find, only because of the one missing dowel.

i wanted to make it look great for my brother's new apartment as a Christmas present, because he needs furniture like this to help the lack of space.

he's a musician (he plays bass), majors in jazz in university, loves vintage/retro, fish, cartoons, he's a handsome/geeky, straight-gay guy.

my ideas were being limited to my brain by the lack of supplies and money problem i have. here are a few ideas:
~i have some green spraypaint left, and i thought of painting the top, and putting different poker hands on all four sides, but i was afraid that might look really cheap, so i also thought maybe i could tile the cards on it to spruce it up, but i'm very unsure of this idea.
~i was going to podgy a variety of sheet music to the top and varnish it, keeping the legs black and sleek.
~go for a fun look and put comic strips all over it like i've been doing to shoeboxes for giftboxes.

i'm very anxious to do this project, but i'm reluctant because i really don't want to ruin it. please let me know what you think and PLEASE give your own ideas, you're all so crafty!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cheers, <br />xox
honorhappy
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2003 10:17:27 PM »

I personally liked the sheet music table, I think it would be a piece of furniture that would be more a classic look, plus it would go easy in any decor.  Dumpster diving is something I need to do soon, come to think of it, lol!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
purpleflies
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2003 09:01:23 AM »

A great memory table would be fun... get fun pics and use a varnish and get them done there...an extra plus is that now it's water proof and wipeable in case of spills...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cheesedip

Llama? Hmmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2003 11:11:03 AM »

I think the music sheet one would look great. My parents have an old interior design crafts book, and they have a page which shows you a table and a shelf decoupaged with music sheets. It gives a really good effect.Would you rip up the music sheets, or leave them whole?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"It is much more comfortable to be mad and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts."
- G. B. Burgin
broadwaybabe_4

I'm in love! (With the right One.)

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2003 03:00:21 PM »

i am very into music and theater. you should definatley go for the sheet music, but dont stop there. go to the store and buy cheap treble clef garland and polyurithane it around the edges. paint it black, then put more music around the legs and stuff, go insane. its soooo awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Celebrate we will, for life is short but sweet for certain. Climb on two by two, to be sure these days continue.
atomicgeek

RRAaaRGhHHRaraarblargus

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2003 11:23:28 PM »

thanks a lot everyone! i really think the sheet music would look classy. i think the ripped sheet music would look really dramatic, thanks for the idea! i'm really excited to get started...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cheers, <br />xox
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet Baby Booty High Tops Part 2/29
How to Crochet Baby Booty High Tops Part 16/29
How to Crochet Baby Booty High Tops Part 1/29
How to Crochet Baby Booty High Tops Part 12/29
How to Crochet Baby Booty High Tops Part 13/29
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Amigurumi
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Karen Casper
Tute Tuesday: Wooden Chain

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...