A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,450
Currently Running With Scissors:
591 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 54
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: COLOUR CRAFTALONG  (Read 55914 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sewknitter

have needles will sew, knit, crochet, tat. . swap!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #110 on: June 08, 2006 10:39:11 AM »

Thank you Joler79!

is the handle just plaited or did you use a backing to it?

Joler79 I made the cords and braided them. I don't know how to use a backing. That would be and interesting technique to learn.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.cara4webshopping.com
knitting looms, embroidery machines, weaving,  knitting software~all discounted!

Shop My Swap  Shop 31
PinkyK
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: June 08, 2006 10:57:04 AM »

Thank you Joler79!

is the handle just plaited or did you use a backing to it?

Joler79 I made the cords and braided them. I don't know how to use a backing. That would be and interesting technique to learn.

Oh it is SOOOO easy!  If I can do it ANYONE can do it!  You just iron the interfacing on to the wrong side of the fabric following the manufacturer's directions! BAM! You're done! There are several kinds of interfacings, some are stiffer than others, some are only "sticky" on one side and some allow you to stick the fabric together with the inter facing in the middle.  Which interfacing you use all depends on the project.  However, I use a very stiff fuseable interfacing that is only "sticky" on one side for just about every project simply because I got 5 yards of it on sale cheap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kalona
« Reply #112 on: June 08, 2006 10:57:37 AM »

Thank you alwaysinmyroom and joler79.  The earrings were fun to make.  I first strung the beads onto a head pin, but didn't like the "stiffness" of the earring, so I took them off and separated the beads into 2 components for each earring, then attached the 2 parts to give them some swing and flexibility.  I'm glad you like them!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Stephen Weaver
Textile boffin

Crusader for a day.....

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: June 08, 2006 01:17:44 PM »

A great trick to do with interlining/Staflex/Vilene (loads of brand names) is to lay out a simple design cut from different coloured fabrics, iron the whole lot down and then add embroidery, beads or whatever to decorate the seams and pieces.  This is an easy way to make all sorts of things without masses of sewing - I've used it on my Ice-cream Cushion, which is done, and will be posted soon, I promise
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Enthusiastic worker in almost all textile media, currently heavily involved in theatrical costumes.  Also love papier-mach and mosaic work and gardening.  Happy to meet new people too. 
I DO STASH SWAPS - SEND ME YOUR EXCESS OR UNWANTED MATERIALS AND I WILL SEND MINE!
lazeedayzee
« Reply #114 on: June 08, 2006 02:50:46 PM »

Sewknitter - Your bag is adorable! It's reversible? What's the inside look like?

PinkyK - Did you say something about clothing made out of potholders? You've piqued my curiosity. I'd love to see what you made.

Uluru and Kalona - the jewelry is so pretty! I used to do a lot of bead-work, but never with wire, and I've always wanted to learn So pretty!!!

Stephen Weaver - can't wait to see the ice cream cushion!

And am I a loser cuz I don't know who Auntie Mame is?  Undecided
« Last Edit: June 08, 2006 02:52:56 PM by lazeedayzee » THIS ROCKS   Logged
PinkyK

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: June 08, 2006 04:20:03 PM »

PinkyK - Did you say something about clothing made out of potholders? You've piqued my curiosity. I'd love to see what you made.

And am I a loser cuz I don't know who Auntie Mame is?  Undecided

Here you go! A link to my Kitschy Couture Ensemble! 
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=16739012.0 
My avatar is also a picture of the skirt. It is made out of 18 pot holders. The purse is made out of three.

Aunty Mame is a character from a book, play and movie.  I prefer the Rosalind Russell version of the movie.  She is over the top and flamboyant.  She is "left" her nephew to raise and the movie is about living life to its fullest and staying true to yourself no matter what life throws at you!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00006FDCA/ref=ase_bookstorenow50-20/102-3696804-9309740?s=dvd&v=glance&n=130&tagActionCode=bookstorenow50-20

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Elby

I'm feeling inspired

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: June 09, 2006 02:34:46 AM »

Well, I couldn't sleep for some reason tonight, so I made my PINK project!  I wanted to make something useful so I thought a sunglasses pouch would be perfect!  I went a little crazy with taking pictures, but I hope you like it!  The fabric IS pink, but it seems that my camera is making it look a little peach-ish and It's ruining it's cuteness!  

« Last Edit: June 28, 2010 02:25:43 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

PinkyK

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: June 09, 2006 03:22:02 AM »

Here is my pink item for June! It's a birthday party invitation for my niece.  She is going to be one in a couple of weeks. 

There are more pictures and details here:  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=16740113.0

This one was actually a team effort so I'm going to try to finish another pink item. I still have a placemat purse to finish and it has a bunch of pink details.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

sewknitter

have needles will sew, knit, crochet, tat. . swap!

« Reply #118 on: June 09, 2006 07:18:20 AM »

PinkyK  --However, I use a very stiff fuseable interfacing that is only "sticky" on one side for just about every project simply because I got 5 yards of it on sale cheap.

PinkyK, I bought a bolt of the stuff, because I had "big" ideas for making little cases with zippers for my friends. . . only I have the whole bolt, and never did the cases. . .  Actually that's on the agenda for my vacation. So I will have tons more for stuff.

PinkyK, love the skirt and the jewelry on your link.

I still don't understand how you'd get a braid with backing. would you lay a giant piece of cloth on the handbag sized interfacing, then scrunch it into a braid shape and iron?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.cara4webshopping.com
knitting looms, embroidery machines, weaving,  knitting software~all discounted!

Shop My Swap  Shop 31
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #119 on: June 09, 2006 07:21:29 AM »

PinkyK--what a fun invite!

Elby--Nice summery project!!  I can think of a few people that need sunglasse pouches!!

OK--gonna dedicate this weekend to do a PINK project--inspired by all of you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014
123/150
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 54 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Grilled Chicken, Mango and Avocado Sandwich
How to Make Roasted Broccoli Rabe with Ricotta Spread
Avocado-Vanilla Pear Juice Smoothie Recipe
Healthy After School Snack Recipes
A Healthy Trail Mix Recipe for Your Next Road Trip
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche
@Home This Weekend: Buzy Bee Activity Chart
Craft Challenge #103 Announced - Foodie Frenzy 2

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...