A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,223
Currently Running With Scissors:
374 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 54
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: COLOUR CRAFTALONG  (Read 55524 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Stephen Weaver
Textile boffin

Crusader for a day.....

View Profile WWW
« Reply #310 on: August 08, 2006 03:15:43 PM »

Finally got the scans of Mom's July birthday card AND got my own scanner working again today, so this problem won't happen again.  It's yellow and orange, so I'm either the last yellow project from July or the first orange one in August - whatever!  My first go at cardmaking and I had fun - the family joke is that Mom is a tea addict (it's true) so I hid some tea bags behind the lattice window for her.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2010 02:27:01 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Enthusiastic worker in almost all textile media, currently heavily involved in theatrical costumes.  Also love papier-maché and mosaic work and gardening.  Happy to meet new people too. 
I DO STASH SWAPS - SEND ME YOUR EXCESS OR UNWANTED MATERIALS AND I WILL SEND MINE!
kirstyd
« Reply #311 on: August 08, 2006 03:57:40 PM »

Very cute, Stephen! Hope Mum didn't have to destroy the card to get at the tea bags?? If she's truly addicted even your "handmade with love" wouldn't have stopped her Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

today was good, today was fun, tomorrow is another one.   Dr Suess

my blog http://pompomrouge.wordpress.com/    my website www.pompomrouge.com
Stephen Weaver
Textile boffin

Crusader for a day.....

View Profile WWW
« Reply #312 on: August 08, 2006 05:42:35 PM »

Nah, the lattice was only glued on 3 sides, so she could slip them out - they were gone before it even hit the scanner!   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Enthusiastic worker in almost all textile media, currently heavily involved in theatrical costumes.  Also love papier-maché and mosaic work and gardening.  Happy to meet new people too. 
I DO STASH SWAPS - SEND ME YOUR EXCESS OR UNWANTED MATERIALS AND I WILL SEND MINE!
kalona
« Reply #313 on: August 08, 2006 07:41:11 PM »

kalona - First hope you don't mind I stole your format for commenting...it's much easier like this...secondly that bead doll is amazing! You must be very patient.

Thank you TreeTree; it's taken me a very long time to learn patience.  I'm just beginning to finally get it.   Cheesy  I'm looking forward to seeing your orange craft.  And I don't mind at all that you're using "my format" for commenting.  As a long-time member of a couple of internet message boards, it's become a kind of habit for me.  Makes it a little easier for people to find the comment directed to them I think.

Stephen Weaver, that's a very cool card.  Your mom must have been delighted to receive it.  Love the idea of making the lattice window into a pocket for the tea bags.  I like all the textures, too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AliBeachGrl
« Reply #314 on: August 11, 2006 08:12:55 PM »

Ok so I had today off & was feeling like trying something new....  now I have something new to be addicted to making...CANDLES.

Made 9 votives today that are ORANGE so I thought I'd post them here.  Actually I made them orange because they are scented a yummy pumpkin pie scent.  I'm burning one now & love it!

(I got the fragrance & the supplies from CraftersTouch - http://www.crafterstouch.com/ )

Any way thought I'd share, maybe inspire someone else to give candles a try... I swear if you all could smell what I am smelling you would.  Now I'm dreaming up all kinds of scent color combos & thinking I want to try to make on that is layered in colors & scents.....

THIS ROCKS   Logged

There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds.
~Gilbert K. Chesterton
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #315 on: August 11, 2006 10:45:47 PM »

Kalona--very happy to see your beaded doll completed!! It is very lovely and I know it was time-consuming!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014 110/150 ?
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
Stephen Weaver
Textile boffin

Crusader for a day.....

View Profile WWW
« Reply #316 on: August 12, 2006 02:25:54 AM »

The wheels of craft go round and round - I remember fun afternoons making candles with my Mom when I was a teenager - think 30 years ago!  See if you can find instructions for Ice Candles - they are really fun to do!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

owl be there
« Reply #317 on: August 12, 2006 06:26:29 AM »

those candles are so cool! there are so many projects that i want to do on this site i just havent had time to go out andbuy materials...grr! stop with the cool projects for about a month, please. lol jk
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AliBeachGrl
« Reply #318 on: August 12, 2006 07:10:23 AM »

Thanks Mr Bean!  & I completely understand your pain....since joining Craftster I have WAY more ideas & wants than I actually have time, space, or cash for.  Kinda cool that we can learn & be inspired from "strangers" all over the place!  I love this site.

& Stephen Weaver... I saw some instructions for the ice candles! Those do look really cool... have to add that to my list!  (along with cards, especially customized ones that have tea bags in them!  What a cool idea!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds.
~Gilbert K. Chesterton
LaughingLark
« Reply #319 on: August 12, 2006 02:44:52 PM »

Wow! Everyone is making such beautiful orange crafts! I was happily side-tracked for a while, and just got an orange (well, mostly orange) craft made a few days ago. I  made this pendant as part of a swap package, so I waited till she recieved before posting it, so I wouldn't spoil the surprise.

I used this tutorial to learn how to make these:

http://www.enioken.com/jewelry/002orange.pdf

Sorry about the blurry pic. The center bead is pressed Czech glass, and it is bright orange.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 54 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Thin Fluffy Yarn Knitting Tip
Three Zigzag Stitched Crocheted Chevron Patterns
What You Can Do with Yoyo Crochet Patterns
Loom Knitting Tips
Lining Up Catherine Wheel Stitching
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Molded Hot Glue
More Amazing Matchboxes
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...