A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,148
Currently Running With Scissors:
602 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 54
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: COLOUR CRAFTALONG  (Read 53695 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

PinkyK
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #220 on: July 08, 2006 12:17:20 PM »

PinkyK, your yellow glass soy sauce dish is so pretty!  I like the green and blue one you made, too.  The class sounds like fun.  Will you learn to make glass beads, too?

I know we are going to make some jewelery, fused pendants for sure, beyond that I'm not exactly what jewelery items we will be making. This class is SO freakin cool! I highly recommend one to everyone! It cost a bit ($160 since I'm not a student) but that includes glass and kiln use. I went to the stained glass store yesterday to buy some of my own fuseable glass (they stock that too) and I spent almost $80 and didn't but a whole lot of glass! So the class (three hours once a week for seven weeks) with the glass is a good deal!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AliBeachGrl
« Reply #221 on: July 08, 2006 01:36:05 PM »

Ok so here is my first color craft along posting.... (I love this whole idea & have loved the stuff I have seen!)

I found this lil wooden star shaped mirror for cheap....

I painted it & here is it.  I'm thinking of adding glitter to it.  Maybe coat all the yellow parts in a gold glitter.  But here is it as is.  My lil yellow star....it'll remind me to shine when I see my image within!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds.
~Gilbert K. Chesterton
miss-a-achoo
« Reply #222 on: July 08, 2006 03:18:48 PM »

Wow, July's off to a great start already, and we're only a week in! And I thought yellow was a difficult color, but maybe that's just for me...  Wink

Here's my yellow item for July as modeled by my goodwill giraffe planter find (that broke right after taking the pics when I accidentally bumped it Sad ). I made them while enjoying The Office (UK series) season two, and it was a good time.

and a detail

I had to desaturate the lovely background of the DVD shelf so you could see the earrings better.  They are made mostly from vintage czech glass, with a bit of carnelian and some other random glass beads.  They are yellow, but more of a green tinged yellow instead of a goldy orange yellow, just in case they show up completely different than they do on my computer. The second pic makes it look a lot greener than they are, but I'm too lazy to adjust it. Smiley

I think I'm naming them "Citrus Zest." I'm totally into naming things.  Everyone keep the yellow goods coming!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #223 on: July 08, 2006 03:22:42 PM »

I love little tiny mirrors!! Your star is so cute, alibeachgirl!

I am so sorry that you damaged your yellow giraffe!!  He is modeling your yellow earring splendidly!!  I like the name "Citrus Zest"!!   They did remind me of fruit... lovely
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PinkyK

View Profile WWW
« Reply #224 on: July 08, 2006 04:34:52 PM »

Wow, July's off to a great start already, and we're only a week in! And I thought yellow was a difficult color, but maybe that's just for me...  Wink

Oh no....yellow is a tough one for me too. The ONLY reason I finished already is because I had a yellow piece of glass in my "assigned allocation" in my glass fusing class glass stash!  I could have probably traded it for a color I liked better but since I needed to make a yellow item in July I kept it. Actually it turned out MUCH better than I expected! I still am not completely happy with it.....we are our own worst critics.....but it came out better than I thought it would.

Now orange....that one will be tough! I have SUCH an aversion to orange!  Maybe I'll make an anti-UF (University of Florida) type item. I have a friend who is an even more rabid FSU (Florida State University) fan than I am so she would probably appreciate a little anti-UF crafty goodness.

I love the mirror and the giraffe! I should have looked for orange items to modify at the ultra cool thrift store today!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AliBeachGrl
« Reply #225 on: July 08, 2006 04:55:31 PM »

Those earrings are great.  Yellow was a challenge for me...didn't even think lemony at all.  But then while I was drifting through the aisles dreaming, it hit me--STARS!   I adore stars & they are (or can be).. yellow!  & I thought I'd never make anything yellow that I'd want to keep around.

Sorry to heard about the dimiss of that cutie giraffe.  At least you'll have the pics...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Gilbert K. Chesterton
charliebrown

Babies are for lickin'

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 08, 2006 05:02:16 PM »

So much cool yellow craftiness - that star is sooo cute and I love those earrings. I wish I could do bead work, but any time I try, it just doesn't come out right. Great job everyone.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sewknitter

have needles will sew, knit, crochet, tat. . swap!

« Reply #227 on: July 08, 2006 06:30:37 PM »

Okay, I've finally decided what I will do for my yellow project. I have this fingering weight yarn that has been here forever. It is a angora like pale yellow yarn. I kept saving it for something <special>.

Well, you know how it goes, never found anything special to do with it. Undecided

I came across it while looking for navy yarn for trading with another craftster. . .

So I decided, "I'll crochet a flower pin." Only while I was looking online for a pattern for a flower pin, I came across another pattern that looked much more interesting. It is a sachet bag, but I think it will make a cute purse.

Here you can see a picture :
http://z.about.com/d/crochet/1/0/N/6/jbag2.jpg

And the pattern is:
http://crochet.about.com/npattern.htm

What do you all think?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.cara4webshoppin g.com
knitting looms, embroidery machines, weaving,  knitting software~all discounted!

Shop My Swap  Shop 31
AliBeachGrl
« Reply #228 on: July 08, 2006 06:41:33 PM »

I think that would be a cute purse. Maybe attach a long strap to it?

Good luck.  Can't wait to see it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Gilbert K. Chesterton
sewknitter

have needles will sew, knit, crochet, tat. . swap!

« Reply #229 on: July 08, 2006 06:44:27 PM »

Wow! Just went through and looked at all the posts since I was here last! This is a really rocking craftalong!

The pink stuff is incredible, love the two headbands! Good work pawnshoppromises & black_buffalo! And black_buffalo, the knitting pouch and felt cake is great. I like the embroidery on the cake, it makes it much more elegant.

mirandaest   I love your scarf better than the one that inspired you! I have some odds and ends yarns, I might do one!

What delightfully comfy slippers Fudgegirl & a great bag hokiekate !

snowsculpture the dish rag is different, do you wash or dry with your cloth? Or is it too pretty to actually use?

Fused glass soy sauce bowl is wonderful, PinkyK

You outdid yourself charliebrown with the melted bead candle holder.

AliBeachGrl, the star mirror is great, and do add a little glitter! If you don't, how will your star "twinkle?"  Grin

miss-a-achoo love the earrings, clustered just right, love the square bead at the bottom.

You all are just inspiring!

« Last Edit: July 08, 2006 06:53:05 PM by sewknitter » THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.cara4webshoppin g.com
knitting looms, embroidery machines, weaving,  knitting software~all discounted!

Shop My Swap  Shop 31
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 54 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Guinness Beef Stew with Nathan Lippy
Hearty Corn Chowder
Fried Green Beans
Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
Chicken Noodle Soup
Latest Blog Articles
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete
Mmm, Bacon!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...