A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 296,709
Currently Running With Scissors:
580 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: shaped ribbon tee (Now with Tutorial)  (Read 78433 times)
Tags for this thread: pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

aijay
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2006 03:44:12 PM »

i've gotten a couple of pm's on this top, maybe because it's now on the featured summer projects thread (!that frightens me!), so i thought i should make this caveat for those who are trying the top out: i tried this thing on on waste thread at least five times while i was knitting it.  i know we all hate the waste thread, but this top is so tight, and so dependent on following your own curves and yet feeling comfortable enough to wear, that you really should do that if you're going to give it a try.  i stopped every few inches to decide how many increases/decreases i needed to do in the following inches.

yes, a tremendous pain in the butt.

and yet, the extra hour of knitting time for putting it on the waste thread and then putting it back on the needles afterwards insures that it fits, which saves you hours of frogging and reknitting time.  right?  right.

right!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

peanutga11ery
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2006 12:45:46 AM »

It's coming along--short rows definitely needed but since it was the first time I did them, I did them 6 times before they didn't totally suck... and even now, I'm not perfectly happy (I could never get the pick up wrap thing right so I decided to do Japanese short rows)

I am having to make other modifications too, and major help from a friend at Knitty... but I am hoping it looks ok when I finish.  And when I lose 20 lbs.  Wink

Thanks for the pattern, I'll post my try when I finish!www.mahana.com/blogs/yarns
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pmack17
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2006 02:31:14 PM »

Here's my version:

It's a combination of several patterns: the general idea and dropped stitch neck from this Ribbon Tee, the doubled cotton fleece from Loop-d-loop's Ballet Tee and the shaping from MagKnits Picovoli.

Note to self: Top down short sleeve raglans are so quick and versatile! Must make more.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
peanutga11ery
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2006 12:40:12 AM »

www.mahana.com/blogs/yarns

I knit mine with Schonemaker's toy (I'm too damn tired to make sure that's what it really is... I think it's fake German... but it's almost 1am so forgive me).  I wound up knitting on 9's, I think (or maybe 10's, I need to check)  I added short rows with the wonderful help of knitty's trillian42, and I started the bust increases a bit lower, and I didn't bind off cap sleeves, instead I put them on waste yarn and went back later and knit down 11 rows, and I added single and double crochet to the edges of sleeves, neckline, and bottom.  Oh, and I increased after the waist (and knit it a bit longer)  If I can manage some free time I'll write up what I did if anyone is interested.  Right now I'm off to my simple knitted bodice!  Yay, silk!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MairWear
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2007 04:25:11 PM »

I had some black cotton yarn in my stash I needed to use up.  And I really liked this pattern, so here's mine.  My gauge was totally different (thus the pattern had to be altered) and I elongated the middle section for boobage.  I'm happy with the result but wish I had checked gauge before I started.  I just kept putting it on waste yarn and trying it on so it worked out.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

miserylovescompany
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2007 03:52:58 AM »

aijay.. thank u so much for posting the pattern & tutorial here. i had always loved the steek vest in loop-d-loop book but i really would like to wear a bra & that vest pattern was kinda low... thanks for posting your version! it's a lot more wearable!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lillybeth
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2007 09:18:09 AM »

I love it.  Reminds me a lot of tivoli from grumperina. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
DIY Gift Idea: BFF Phone Cases
DIY Gift Idea: Glittery, Customized Candles
DIY Gift Idea: Fun Duct Tape Frame
How to Make Sugar Flower Decorations
How to Make a Polka Dot Scarf
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...