A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 302,550
Currently Running With Scissors:
851 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cupcake-a-licious  (Read 3954 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

GeekMagnet
« on: April 21, 2006 10:09:31 PM »

Yay! I finished it!
I started it on Saturday and I finished early Thursday morning so I could wear it as my birthday shirt.
I made the Medium size.
I used Lion Brand Microspun yarn and i hate it.  I love the color and it looks fine, but its already fuzzy and the yarn was pain bc it kept splitting. not fun.
But I got tons of complements. 

detail of the ribbon and collar

this shows the bottom shells and most of the whole thing

a full shot
« Last Edit: April 23, 2006 10:06:49 PM by GeekMagnet » THIS ROCKS   Logged

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, what is baby oil made from?
Niblick05
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2006 11:21:05 PM »

How cute! And it fits you perfectly.
I don't like Lion Brand either but, eh, it's cheap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
knitwitUK
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2006 12:46:22 AM »

Its really pretty! I cant beleve it only took you a few days to make! I cant wait to get my Happy Hooker book now. I love knitting, but it seems to take so long to make tops.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my blog at: http://knitwituk.blogspot.com/
I love to do personal swaps Smiley
ChicagoHooker
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2006 01:46:39 AM »

Very nice!  Beautiful work!   Smiley

Have you thought of using some light spray startch?  Sometimes that helps to keep the fuzzies at bay.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
debacle
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2006 06:36:01 AM »

that is gorgeous!! microspun, unfortunately, is no friend to crocheters--because of the splitty factor. but it does look quite beauitful on this top. awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PlayItGeorge
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2006 07:21:45 AM »

Wow that looks great!  I can't wait to start mine...after I finish a billion other things!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

8littlepaws.wordpre ss.com
GeekMagnet
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2006 11:58:31 AM »

Thanks for all the props!
I'll definitely try that spray starch thing.  It is really terrible yarn, but it only cost me $12 and i didn't have the funds or the time to journey to me lys. sigh.  i'm ordering yarn and plan to make myself another and possibly one for my plus sized mother.  That is always the true test for crocheting a garment, weather it looks like a blanket on a bigger woman!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, what is baby oil made from?
peanutga11ery
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2006 09:26:05 PM »

I did my sleeves and back, and am starting on the front.  I wished I'd been able to get it done for my birthday (yesterday) but oh well.

I'm doing mine in cotton from knitpicks--they are quite reasonable and the cotton is nice to work with.  Mine's in a dark blue, is yours too or does it just photograph that way?

Awesome job!  I'll have to post pics when I finish.

Someone had told me there was a correction on the errata, but I didn't see one for cupcake.  Am I missing something?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
GeekMagnet
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2006 10:19:02 PM »

Mine is actually a really bright purple.  No natural light in my room when I took the pictures.  That's why i wanted my bf to take pics of me outside but he thought that was weird.

There actually are corrections in the errata for cupcake they are for the sleeves.  Check the file again http://www.bust.com/knithappens/snbhh-errata.pdf
I actually think there might still be something wrong with the errata for row 2 of the sleeve edging.

i did it the way it said in the errata and it looked funny so i did what made more since.
my row2:
ch5, sk next 2 sts, sl st in next dc *ch2, sk next 2 sts, dc in next st, ch2, sk next 2 sts, sl st in next dc(center dc of shell); rep * accross

looking at the errata now, it says 18 ch 2 spaces.  so it is definitely missing that ch2 in the directions.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PJ
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2006 08:00:01 AM »

Very pretty!  I agree with you on the Microspun...I loved it (so soft and shiny!) until I actually started USING it.  One of my first projects was a shawl made with it, and it is quite a bit fuzzy.  I wonder if a sweater stone would help.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm somewhere where I don't know where I am!" --Homer Simpson

http://www.pajamamonologues.com/wpblog
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
10 Makeup Tricks That Will Hide the Effects of Allergies and Illness
Essie Shows You How to Pick Your Perfect Shade of Red!
Our Picks For Favorite Toners
I Got Fat-Shamed On My Morning Commute
How to Apply Bronzer
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...