A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 299,153
Currently Running With Scissors:
398 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Just Published my new handmade jewelry site, would LOVE opinions!!!!!  (Read 2975 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

AngelAngela

My dressform is alive!!!

View Profile WWW
« on: July 10, 2004 06:49:53 PM »

Hey there everybody!! I just published my new website a few minutes ago, and would love your opinions!!!!  I worked hard on this one, and made it all by myself (well, my sis and boyfriend helped me a bit!).  Well, here's the site, check it out and write me back!

http://creativeangel3.tripod.com/

If the automatic link doesn't work, just copy and paste it into your browser window.

Thanks!

Angela
« Last Edit: July 11, 2004 04:30:51 PM by Lia » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The limit upon your abilities is solely that which you put upon yourself."
slurpymundae

qu'est-ce que fack?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2004 05:03:25 PM »

Your items are gorgeous! They are bright, and so is your site, so that's a good match! I did notice, however, that your links, to 'craftster' and 'oh my stars' for example, are located on the mailing and orders page. If someone was not curious about ordering something they wouldn't see your links because they wouldn't go to the mailing section of your site. So I'd suggest making a seperate section on your menu bar for links. The graphics could be a bit more polished in my opinion, they look somewhat pixelly (is that a word?) but that would just be the way I would design it, but I think the funky fun colours and layout of your design is well done because it fits the type of jewellery you make. Best of luck to you!!

-Stace
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"need less, use less, we're asking for too much, i guess... i know, i know you've tried to change things. i know." -metric
slurpymundae

qu'est-ce que fack?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2004 05:05:39 PM »

Oops! One more thing I'd noticed, the URL for your site, which has creativeangel3 in it, would be hard to remember (or maybe I just have Alzheimers?!) so is there any way you could move it to something like arenatura.tripod.com or something? People will remember you brand better that way, I'm in university studying to receive a degree and a diploma with a major in Public Relations, and repetition is important! You have to stick in the customer's mind. Smiley having a URL with the brand name in it will certainly make people remember your website, so they can easily pass it on to friends and stuff!

-Stace

[EDIT] If you do not want to change your URL permanently, because it's a lot of effort to do that, check out http://www.v27.net/ - it's a free URL redirection service. I had a really long URL for my website, so I used this service. Now you can put http://bonvivant.v27.net in your browser, instead of my huge long URL, and it'll take you to the same site! It's a wonderful service, and it's free. So that's another option, if you decide to change the site URL! Best of luck!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2004 05:08:25 PM by slurpymundae » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"need less, use less, we're asking for too much, i guess... i know, i know you've tried to change things. i know." -metric
AngelAngela

My dressform is alive!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2004 06:38:30 PM »

aww thanks so much for your advice slurpymundae!!!! this is my first site ever, and I really wanted advice and feedback on it!!! Smiley  I was thinking about making a link page, but wanted to wait until I got some people to link exchange with me so I could actually merit making a link page.  The pictures really aren't perfect, mainly because I only have a scanner, but hope to graduate to digicam soon enough! 

Thanks also for the website name advice, it was only after I published that I realized that the name had nothing to do with the Product line name.  I realize that repetition is super important, so I'll definitely check out the link that you gave me for site redirecting.

Thanks so much for your props, I really needed them!!!!!

Angel
THIS ROCKS   Logged

slurpymundae

qu'est-ce que fack?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2004 07:44:58 PM »

Anytime!! Smiley Glad I could help out!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AngelAngela

My dressform is alive!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2004 05:33:18 PM »

ok, so I took slurpymundae's advice about product name repetition, and went to a site-redirecting link she offered.  It was so easy to use, and now I have a name that's super easy to use, easy to remember, and best yet, is the product name!

The new link is:  http://arenatura.v27.net

If you haven't gone to check it out yet, please do, and leave me your comments (g'ahead, don't be shy) here.  I've noticed that a LOT of people read the posts, but hardly anyone replies or leaves comments for people who actually WANT posts.  Huh Hmmmmm, maybe some reverse psychology would work:  DO NOT VISIT THE SITE, I REPEAT, DO NOT VISIT THE SITE.   Wink Grin   Nah, go visit it anyway!!!!

Angel
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafty Jule
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2004 06:30:41 PM »

Hey! I'll start by saying your stuff is awesome!   I lolve each of the pieces that you have up
I like the symbol with the fushia, orange, purple

The fushia is a bit bright... like shokingly bright

the only other thing.. it would be very helpful to list the sizes of the jewlery (necklace lenths, pendandt lengths)

Good luck!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
slurpymundae

qu'est-ce que fack?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2004 06:31:45 PM »

Glad you found the redirection service easy to use! Smiley I think it's a handy little service, and I'm VERY thankful that it's free! University students like myself are constantly hard up for cash. Who's going to be $25,000 (Canadian) in debt after University? *Waves hand!* MEEE! Hahaha! Glad it worked for you!

-Stace
THIS ROCKS   Logged

eef
teh winnar

RAWRAWRAWR.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2004 08:07:51 PM »

The colours go well with the items you offer, and the site is easy to use... My only complaint would be that it does look amateurish. It is VERY good for a first site though, and I'm sure within no time you'll hone your html skills and make it look professional. ^_^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

eef-ink - eef-ink etsy
Good gosh, I've been gone a while!
Party-Bots
Robots Are Fun

How to be awesome..... Partybots.org

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2004 09:05:37 PM »

Your site looks good!  I really like the Coffee Necklace!  I would suggest one thing, the pictures are very clear but take a long time to load.  I would adjust the dpi to 72, you can not get much better then that for web developement.

Karl Addison
« Last Edit: January 05, 2007 10:40:21 AM by jungrrl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Fulfill Your Inner Robot
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Angry Birds Online
Refining Long Exposure Photos
How to Draw - Cro Marmot - Happy Tree Friends
How to Draw a Bobo Hah
Portrait Retouching in Photoshop Camera Raw
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...