A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 299,122
Currently Running With Scissors:
710 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Gallery of booty from the Sweat Shoppe swap AKA... sampler swap (round 1 ;) )  (Read 21557 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

green monk
« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2006 02:51:51 PM »

AHHH!!! i live out in the boonies!! i want stuff to arrive! Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I WILL BE IN THE WOODS FROM AUGUST TO NOVEMBER... GOOD-BYE COMPUTER!!!
javastain
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

javastain

Hello MC

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2006 03:48:38 PM »

Yay! The first of my goodies are arriving! I didn't put the info sheet in with the hemp dishclothes, I forgot the sheets as I was off to the PO... but, they are easy to understand... I tried some different shapes/sizes, and different 'processes' of hemp (some had wax coating. some were unwaxed). Basically if you want a softer wash cloth, you can run them through the washing machine, if you want a good scrubber for the dishes (or for exfoliating your legs before putting on that self tanning lotion), just get them good and wet kinda squeeze the water in them a few times to get them a bit soft, this also helps them absorb water. If you use them in the kitchen, don't use harsh cleaners (like bleach cleansers) it will break down the hemp, and it is best to rinse them clean after uses. Most soaps are harmless but some have ingredients that break down natural fibers.. here's a link to the hemp company that I get my hemp from... http://www.hemptraders.com/index.shtml there is a wealth of information about why hemp is great. Take a look around if you like!
For those of you who got the tampons, I got some hemp yarn that is really soft... I am currently working on some hemp tampons, I will post those in the 'eco-flo-busters' thread after I get them going... http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=82588.0 . I would love some feedback from you all about the dishclothes/washclothes and the tamopons if you want! I am marketing these for sale (that was kinda the original idea of this swap Smiley ) so I anything from a crafter or customer's point of view would be super appreciated! Thanks everyone!
Java Jene'
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please use the Help Desk for moderator questions.  I'm not currently available full-time.  Thanks!

I'd love to send you some hand spun for a poppet!

yep
licalee
« Reply #52 on: May 08, 2006 06:02:28 PM »

Just in case anyone is confused - I deleted all the items I sent out from the gallery. I recall that Java said we could post all the goodies when we were done - so I did. Then I deleted them because I wanted it to be a surprise. Sorry about that... I'll post those pics again once everyone has received.

In other news - I received my teacup and hemp dishcloth today!! they go together very well, I might add. I'll post pictures tomorrow as I have to craft on for another swap I'm in.

I loooooove tea, absolutely love it. I can't drink coffee or the stomach gods erupt so I've become a total tea lover and the cup from Green Monk is awesome. I also like that there is no handle because I like to sip my tea like I would in an Asian restaurant. There is something so calming about tilting the cup with your whole hand rather than with the handle.

And my hemp cloth! Oh how much exfoliating I was doing in the shower this morning with my regular old wash cloth! I spent waaaay too much time in the shower and was late for work. If I would have had the hemp version I would have been done much more quickly. Mine is elliptical and immediately I thought "this would be great with a string on both ends to be used as a back scrubber". So that's my helpful hint for Java. I also thought that some sort of pouch would work well that you could put soap in and have an all-in -one scrubber. Maybe with a button closure so you can switch the soap in and out, or throw all the old soap chips in to reuse them. Very eco-friendly. You could also make them into mitts - one side would be all cloth (maybe terrycloth?) and one side all hemp. It could be rectangular or rounded on one end and would not have to have a thumb or fingers, just three sides sewn closed and one open for a hand to fit in.

I think I've said this before but I would have died for a crochet tampon not too long ago. I purchased a diva cup (http://www.lunapads.com/products/divacup/) very recently and am now in love with it. I had one continuous period from Sept of 2003 to June 2005 (yes that's almost two years and yes, I saw many doctors) and my tampon expenses were astronomical, not to mention all the waste I created - what a great idea, Java! Sorry if I'm over-sharing here but I thought my situation might enlighten others about the reality of how wasteful and costly commercial feminine procucts really are. Thanks for an alternative!

*jumps off of soapbox (no pun intended) and returns to crafting

(modified to change "thumb of fingers" to "thumb or fingers"  Roll Eyes )
« Last Edit: May 08, 2006 06:19:57 PM by licalee » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Writer78
« Reply #53 on: May 08, 2006 07:45:42 PM »

just a quick note - I am finishing out day 4 of hell on earth - the worst cold I have ever had.  If I survive (which seems questionable at this point!), I will post pics of my goodies.

huge thanks to the ladies whose goodies arrived today (and made Day 4 somewhat more bearable):

- licalee!  I am amazed by all the goodies you included.  I adore them all, and I will be kicking back with a peppermint bath soon to help banish the rest of this plague.  Also adore the pep shampoo and, well, all the rest!  you are truly a wonder.

- green monk - I am in love with my mini teacup.  It makes me think of something a hobbit would have in LOTR.  And since it's small, it's perfect for a hobbit.  thank you!

- devilninny - the mini cards are precisely what I pictured!  Thanks a bunch.  They are tiny and elegant and just what I wanted.  I really appreciate your making them small like I wanted.

I swear, you guys, I think the doctor was wrong when she said this wasn't strep throat.  ARGH.  Do not catch this bug.  I'm telling you, put "Not catching Writer78's cold" at the top of your to-do list right now.

thanks again to the day-savers who sent me fun stuff.  love you all!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

licalee
« Reply #54 on: May 08, 2006 08:17:30 PM »

- licalee!  I am amazed by all the goodies you included.  I adore them all, and I will be kicking back with a peppermint bath soon to help banish the rest of this plague.  Also adore the pep shampoo and, well, all the rest!  you are truly a wonder.

Did you receive today? Ummm. That's nearly impossible despite our proximity.  But hopefully! I sent on Sat. due to a printer funeral.

I went a bit easy on the essential oils so things wouldn't get all jumbled in shipping. I just hope the peppermint/eucalyptus salt bath retains its potency!

get better, babe!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2006 08:34:27 PM by licalee » THIS ROCKS   Logged
mub
« Reply #55 on: May 08, 2006 10:18:10 PM »

Today was a good mail day! 

From InkKitten:  I got a really awesome tattoo painting of a kitty with the kanji luck symbol.  The bright colors in it are fantastic =D  I think she read my mind about what I liked, since something was eating my communications with her.

From  heart-on:  The cutest cards and earrings!  I got a sock monkey card which is totally hilarious and a Mother's Day card which I will put to good use. 

Mikaiyawa, I'm really glad you liked your bracelet!  I wasn't sure on colors because I had a couple of people say "please please not this" but didn't say -what- colors they wanted, so I sorta winged it *L*  The fun thing about those bracelets is if it's too long you can squish them up or if it's too short stretch them out just a hair. 

I can't wait to see what comes in the mail next =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mubeimmik.livejournal.com

http://monkeycat.etsy.com
princessblueberry
« Reply #56 on: May 08, 2006 11:47:19 PM »

I think I've said this before but I would have died for a crochet tampon not too long ago. I purchased a diva cup (http://www.lunapads.com/products/divacup/) very recently and am now in love with it. I had one continuous period from Sept of 2003 to June 2005 (yes that's almost two years and yes, I saw many doctors) and my tampon expenses were astronomical, not to mention all the waste I created - what a great idea, Java! Sorry if I'm over-sharing here but I thought my situation might enlighten others about the reality of how wasteful and costly commercial feminine procucts really are. Thanks for an alternative!

*jumps off of soapbox (no pun intended) and returns to crafting

(modified to change "thumb of fingers" to "thumb or fingers"  Roll Eyes )

Ack, I'm right there with you. . .my 1 1/2 year peiod was shortly after my parents devorced (was 16) knowing that mom's were heavy and iregular I just figured it was normal.  Was not till I got anemic (I could not walk up a flight of stares without getting naucious and dizzy) that something was actualy done about that problem  Undecided  Wish I'd known about these then  Cheesy  Could not sew or crochet then but sure as heck would have baught some! Tryed the indteads then but they did not work for me  Cry 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Strangers are just family you have not met yet. . .
~Mitch Albom

wist...http://www.wists.com/princessblueberry
penguino
« Reply #57 on: May 09, 2006 12:05:03 AM »

I also a good mail day.  I received more goodies.  As of now, I received seven items.

From Princessblueberry: marble magnet and watermelon lollypop.  Well there is only one lollypop in the picture because the other one has been eaten.  Yummy...  Grin Too bad I only have two.

From green monk:  tea cup.  It is lovely.  It now holds all the spare medicine.  This year has been terrible for allergy, so there is a lot of them on the counter at the moment.

From writer78:  drawstring pouch with a little measuring tape ribbon.  I think the measuring tape ribbon will become some part of a bag or something.  I love the fabric on the pouch.

From licalee:  a relaxation bath set.  The lavender pouch smells very good.  I want to try everything right now.  But would have to wait until next weekend when my bf and I are going away.   Smiley

From mub:  a crochet bracelet with copper and red wire and beads.  It is so cute.  I am going to wear it tomorrow.  And the length is length, not too long and not too short.

From mikaiyawa:  a fat bird pin cushion.  It is cute.  I haven't broke it in yet because I don't want to stick pin in it.  But it is sitting at the craft table.

From devilninny: greeting card set.  It is perfect.  I use one already for the mother's day card. 

« Last Edit: September 14, 2011 02:30:53 AM by Phizzychick - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

javastain
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

javastain

Hello MC

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #58 on: May 09, 2006 08:48:09 AM »

Ok so yesterday was the day of goodies! I too received 3 items in my mail box! I got my crochet bracelet from Mub, my lolly pops and magnets from princessblueberry and my tatoo flash from InkKitten! WOW! can I just say we have had some AWE-freakin-SOME crafters in this swap! I am confident that everyone should have all of their items by Friday. I am holding off to post pic of my stash until I get everything so I can BRAG about the HUGE booty I have  Shocked(never thought I'd say that in public! Wink ) Please PM me if you have not received everything by Monday OK?

I am stoked for round two! Let's start talking about it in the discussion thread... I'd love to know who wants to go again, and what kinds of new rules you thought of, and what kind of time we need... and of course if anyone else wants to organize I can definately help with what worked and what didn't! (Although I don't mind organizing, this insanity is right up my alley!!!)
Thanks everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please use the Help Desk for moderator questions.  I'm not currently available full-time.  Thanks!

I'd love to send you some hand spun for a poppet!

yep
InkKitten
« Reply #59 on: May 09, 2006 12:32:55 PM »

ok . . so far i've recieved from Penguino, Princessblueberry, and writer 78.

everything is so awesome, and knowing that i have 4 more packages coming totally rules.  i'll post pictures as soon as i can, however, i dont think there will be pictures of the lollipops  . . . sorry . . i ate the grape one last night, and i REALLY dont think the "pink" one is going to last until tonight when i get home from work Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Think you can handle it?
http://Http://www.luckyeddie.net
yea, i didn't think so . . .
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Introduction to Adobe Flash - Overview
How to Design Custom Menus in Adobe Encore Lesson 3
Adobe Encore: Basic Menu Functionality Lesson 4
How to Design Custom Menus in Adobe Encore Lesson 2
How to Design Custom Menus in Adobe Encore Lesson 4
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...