A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,111
Currently Running With Scissors:
689 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 27
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Harry Potter Round 5 swap gallery  (Read 41148 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter_swap_gallery  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bethiej78

pool on the roof must have a leak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #140 on: May 14, 2006 09:27:13 AM »

i should have brought my pics over here to post them but i didnt think that far lol..oops...

by the way beth..how do i wash this shirt? lol i dont want to mess it up so what do i do? lol..

I'm sending you one other thing this week, and I'll include the washing instructions with the shirt (I'll also PM them too you when I have a sec.)  Just posting in a rush because my family is about to do Mother's Day stuff, but I'm so glad you liked everything!  And thanks everyone for the props on the shirt.  (I hope it's not too big on you?  It said it was a small!)

As to how I made the shirt, since someone asked.  I made a collage of Ron pics in photoshop (but you could use powerpoint too if you didn't have photoshop).  Then I put rectangles, half circles, etc. over the collage (just outlines of the shapes, with transparent insides) to make the letters.  I did that in order to see what they would look like once I cut them out, so that way I could do some adjusting to get the most possible Ron faces in each letter.  Then I just printed it out onto iron-on transfer paper, and cut them out with an exacto, ironed them on, and boom!  The most time-consuming part was making/adjusting the collage!  I wanted the letters to look good, you know?  I hope that's clear.

Also, in case you couldn't tell from Katrina's picture, the earrings are shrinky dink turnips!  I was so excited when I thought of that!!  But I couldn't remember if they were orange or purple so I made both!  Glad you like, Katrina!

Also, I promise I'll put up pics of your stuff later today!  Thanks again!  So great swapping with you!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

side note, if any of you craftsters out there are also weight watchers members, check out my WW Blog!
bethiej78

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: May 14, 2006 09:28:40 AM »

Also, everyone's stuff looks great!!  I love the dark mark bag!  And the reverse HP stencil is very cool!  Agree with the compliment on your pink hair too!!  Looks awesome!  Great potions master bag, and the snape-hermione quote is great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

side note, if any of you craftsters out there are also weight watchers members, check out my WW Blog!
ViolentViolet
« Reply #142 on: May 14, 2006 10:28:24 AM »

Everything looks so good!!I cant wait till PixieSkull gets her package.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I just love her man,Hey what are you doing with that brick?"

http://www.wists.com/EvaBlack
Fraugee728

I have crafting ADHD. Seriously.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: May 14, 2006 12:15:36 PM »

I received from Stacydeey yesterday!

I got an awesome bag, inspired by Ginny's overnight bag at the Quidditch World Cup, some Yule Ball earrings, Weasley is our King and Cedric Diggory buttons, a couple of postcards, and a pen and ink for all of the scrolls I have to write out for school!

Thank you so much, Stacy!  Will post pics when I have time to take them. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Step one:  Collect Underpants
Step two:  ? ? ?
Step three:  Profit!

http://sometimessewist.wordpress.com
bethiej78

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: May 15, 2006 06:09:40 AM »

Ok...the long promised pics!  Prepare to be impressed by Katrina's awesomeness!!  Warning: my camera SUCKS.

This is the only crappy pic, but unfortunately it's the one of the awesome toile backpack-bag!  It doesn't even show off Katrina's skill - this bag has 2 outside pockets, and 4 inside pockets, plus a zipper, and adjustable strap, and a shoulder comfort thing!

I finally went to put all my crap in it yesterday and I realized I hadn't even found the surprise inside - another bag!!

Here they are together:

Also, inside the tiny bag was this neat HP bookmark, depicting priori incantatem:

It has a cute HP charm at the end of the tassel which I took a pic of:

Like Kityeyes said, she didn't want to mess up the toile bag because it was so beautiful, so she included some HP iron-on patches, in case I wanted to dress it up myself.  I think I'll save them for a tee, because the bag is just too cute:

Then there were the two HP toss pillows in Ravenclaw colors.  They each had contrast piping in the other one's colors, but you can't see that (sorry!):

The blue one featured Hermione on one side (and I circled the quote just so you all would notice it):

And the little potter-puff kids or whatever they are on the other side, Ron and Hermione.  (Katrina - even though I don't know what they're called, I am familiar with them and I think they're adorable!):

The yellow pillow had Ravenclaw on one side, and Hogwarts on the other:

Then there were the 8 awesome mostly-Hermione coasters.  These will really come in handy in my new appartment (if I ever get to move in!):

Here is a sample coaster of coolness:

There was also a candy dish, but I couldn't get a good pic of it.  And all the candy, most of which my cousins devoured when they were over this weekend!  They loved the Bertie Botts beans (they don't read HP, but they couldn't get over the booger flavored jelly bean!)

So once again, thanks Katrina (kityeyes) --- YOU ROCK!!!  Grin
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012 09:45:49 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

kityeyes
« Reply #145 on: May 15, 2006 06:15:56 AM »

i should have brought my pics over here to post them but i didnt think that far lol..oops...

by the way beth..how do i wash this shirt? lol i dont want to mess it up so what do i do? lol..

I'm sending you one other thing this week, and I'll include the washing instructions with the shirt (I'll also PM them too you when I have a sec.)  Just posting in a rush because my family is about to do Mother's Day stuff, but I'm so glad you liked everything!  And thanks everyone for the props on the shirt.  (I hope it's not too big on you?  It said it was a small!)

As to how I made the shirt, since someone asked.  I made a collage of Ron pics in photoshop (but you could use powerpoint too if you didn't have photoshop).  Then I put rectangles, half circles, etc. over the collage (just outlines of the shapes, with transparent insides) to make the letters.  I did that in order to see what they would look like once I cut them out, so that way I could do some adjusting to get the most possible Ron faces in each letter.  Then I just printed it out onto iron-on transfer paper, and cut them out with an exacto, ironed them on, and boom!  The most time-consuming part was making/adjusting the collage!  I wanted the letters to look good, you know?  I hope that's clear.

Also, in case you couldn't tell from Katrina's picture, the earrings are shrinky dink turnips!  I was so excited when I thought of that!!  But I couldn't remember if they were orange or purple so I made both!  Glad you like, Katrina!

Also, I promise I'll put up pics of your stuff later today!  Thanks again!  So great swapping with you!!

the shirt fits fine! its really comphy i love it..i recon allot of things and when i went to my cousins house she was like if you touch the cool ron shirt ill beat you lol..i wasent planing on it but that made me laugh lol.

hope everyone had a good mothers day!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SevsOnlyGirl
Swap Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator
Guest Blogger

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #146 on: May 15, 2006 06:46:52 AM »

bethie - you received a nice stash of stuff!  Finding the extra purse must have been a giggle. 

Hey, Katrina, how did you make the coasters, if I might ask?  I really like those!  Also, I have a terrible time with iron-ons, is that what you used on the pillows?  What kind do you use?  Yes, I'm just full of questions.LOL

THIS ROCKS   Logged
kityeyes
« Reply #147 on: May 15, 2006 09:38:44 AM »

the coasters my grandma had...she bought them off line and your sopposed to put little knitted things in there but she gave them to me and i printed out the pics and put them on there. it was really easy but i have no idea where she got them from. and yea those are iron-ons. they were for dark fabric because i wanted to make sure it would show up good. i forgot the brand name but ill post that tomarrow. its really easy and the ones for dark fabric you dont have to reverse or anything...just goes on as is...

Im really glad you like everything! i checked this this morning to see if you posted pics and it didnt show up but yet it shows me posting after you..werid lol..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

beautifulloser
« Reply #148 on: May 15, 2006 11:48:07 AM »

Great package Kityeyes, so many cool treats you put together! love all the patches and drink coasters, looks like a really nice purse, too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jose~Madalia
HP Crafter at Heart

View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: May 15, 2006 11:58:18 AM »

the coasters my grandma had...she bought them off line and your sopposed to put little knitted things in there but she gave them to me and i printed out the pics and put them on there. it was really easy but i have no idea where she got them from.

I did see some like that in the cross stitching section at Michael's. If I remember correctly, there were some heart shaped ones too, but I'm not sure.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jose
-xxx-
Join my Yahoo Group!
HarryPotterCrafts
[/color]
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 27 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Zapp Braniggan
Selecting Skin Tones in Photoshop CS6
How to Use Variable Stroke Width in Adobe Illustrator CS5
How to Use the Shape Builder Tool in Adobe Illustrator CS5
How to Save Artboards in Adobe Illustrator CS5
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...