A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,466
Currently Running With Scissors:
660 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 27
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Harry Potter Round 5 swap gallery  (Read 42811 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter_swap_gallery  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kahluakiggy
Tirelessly working to raise the next generation of Craftsters.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: May 12, 2006 06:50:43 AM »

Wow, that teeshirt is awesome!  And I, too, love your hair, beautifulloser!  Cheesy  And I love the Hermione doll(what I can see of it - lol)!  I tried so hard to make a topsy-turvy doll for the darker side of HP swap, (with Voldie on one side and Tom  on the other) but dollmaking just is not one of my many (mediocre) talents.  How sad, I couldn't even make one that looked bad at best!  lol  I very much admire your dollmaking skills, loulou54!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

What doesn't kill you makes you stranger. --The Joker

After all, to the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure. -- Albus Dumbledore

Sokka: My first girlfriend turned into the moon.
Zuko: Thats rough, buddy.
miss_katonic
« Reply #101 on: May 12, 2006 10:27:07 AM »

Well I have heard from everyone, so that is encouraging . You late senders, don't forget to PM me when you send!

The four people I gave early feedback to got double entries because I made a mistake.  I have to contact Leah to get the extra entry removed, so it may take awhile.

I love that HP shirt.  I always like that type of  negative-image stencilling, was the paint sprayed on, how was it applied?

Fraugee728, waiting is the hardest part.  No matter how many swaps I do, I always get this way. 

I wanted to make you a doll, sevsonlygirl, but didn't think I had the skills.  I have a pile of knitting project attempts (designing a pattern is hard!) that were too crappy to finish and send to you (grr.intarsia!!), I figured a doll would just end up in the discard pile.  Cry
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SevsOnlyGirl
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #102 on: May 12, 2006 11:17:54 AM »

That's okay, miss_katonic.  I figure that I'm going to eventually harrass someone into making me a doll.  One of these wonderful dollmakers will just have to pair up with me eventually.

I'm amazed that you knit - that anyone knits!  I keep trying and I can cast on (continental method) and I can knit, but not purl.  I still can't get my tension right, it's always too tight.  I'm wondering if I should try different needles.  Mine are really long and skinny and seem awkward.  Not to mention that everyone I know knits the way that I DON'T!LOL  I learned how to do what I CAN do, from a video recommended on the knitting board.  To not only knit, but to do designs?  AMAZING!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
crafty_cool
« Reply #103 on: May 12, 2006 01:01:18 PM »

cool stuff guys!

I can't wait till I get my stuff.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MissTee_2

Harry Potter is Love.....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #104 on: May 12, 2006 04:01:53 PM »

OMG YOU LOOK SO CUTE!!! Beautifulloser, I was so worried that the shirt would not fit you! AND YOUR HAIR IS SO AWESOME! I cannot believe that you just had a baby Smiley. Im glad you loved the stuff and I loved your stuff too!

love that HP shirt.  I always like that type of  negative-image stencilling, was the paint sprayed on, how was it applied?

Miss Katonic I used a roller brush and this really good fabric paint that i cant think of whats its called at the moment. Buts its easy....I liked the effect too!

LouLou54 I love that Hermoine doll!

Man, this stuff is so cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal Swap Friendly
SevsOnlyGirl
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #105 on: May 12, 2006 07:40:17 PM »

beautifulloser - i thought you looked cute before, but if you just had a baby, you look FANTASTIC!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
loulou54

If quiz's are quizical, then what are tests?

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 12, 2006 07:46:22 PM »

I got my package from Loulou54 today
The photo is below.

I got a Hermione doll
3 post cards
a bracelet which is way cool
some fairy dust?
and some badges with the gang on them
and a Draco key chain

My daughter has claimed the Hermione doll to put up next to her fairy.

Thanks for being my partner and thanks to misskatonic for being an awesome organiser

Thats ok im glad you liked it! sorry about hemiones skirt i was painting and black went into a big bl;ob sorry if it looks weird! Oh and the faiy dust stuff is floo powder! Im glad you liked it!
Thanks for being my patner too!

Loulou54
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I got a jar of dirt, I got a jar of dirt, and guess what's inside it! .
miss_katonic
« Reply #107 on: May 12, 2006 08:03:28 PM »

keep trying and I can cast on (continental method) and I can knit, but not purl.  I still can't get my tension right, it's always too tight.  I'm wondering if I should try different needles.  Mine are really long and skinny and seem awkward.  Not to mention that everyone I know knits the way that I DON'T!LOL

It took me months to learn to purl.  I highly recommend Stitch n Bitch, she had good instructions for both types of knitting styles.  I learned soley on that book. I learned on a chunky light colored wool with 10.5 bamboo needles. 10.5's are nice and big (but not too big) and things knit up fast with them.   

Miss Katonic I used a roller brush and this really good fabric paint that i cant think of whats its called at the moment. Buts its easy....I liked the effect too!

Hmm...I'll have to get myself a roller brush.

Darn, beautifuloser you look amazing for just having a baby! I would have nver guessed.

I just got back from a Harry and the Potters show.  They played a house show in Allentown, PA and my friend's 7 year old son, AKA The Hungarian Horntails opened up.  As soon as I upload photos I post up the band shirts I stenciled for him and post in the stencils section.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
crafty_cool
« Reply #108 on: May 12, 2006 08:15:51 PM »

that's awesome that you went to see harry and the potters.

I wished they would come to Canada.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Crafterbynite
Customizing the world ..one shirt at a time

Extraordinary machine!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: May 12, 2006 09:06:22 PM »

im so excited to get my packages
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ETSY :: Wist :: Blog :: Fb :: Twitter
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 27 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Michael Yapko Talks About Depression is Contagious
Helen Thorpe Talks About Just Like Us
Meet Author Posie Graeme-Evans
Meet Author Anne Easter Smith
Rebel Angels Book Trailer
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...