A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,500
Currently Running With Scissors:
607 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Red Sox T-Shirt Help  (Read 343 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

frenchkittymeow
« on: April 20, 2006 06:41:41 AM »

Hi.  This is my first post  Cheesy 

I have a pastel pink Red Sox Johnny Damon t-shirt.  Some of you may know he was traded to the Yankees so don't exactly want to wear his name and number on my back.  I was hoping I could get some ideas on what to do with the back of the shirt.  It looks very similar to the one in this picture only the letters are completely white. 

Any ideas are appreciated.  Thank you kindly

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not; a sense of humor to console him for what he is." -Sir Francis Bacon
caflygrl
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2006 07:49:15 AM »

Ah! I have the same problem!! Only my shirt is light grey with everything written in pink. My bf insists that I can still wear it to the gym because we wouldn't have won the world series without he-who-must-not-be-named in 2004.

All I can think is maybe cut out some fabric in fun shape and sort of applique it to the back... maybe a pair of red socks?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

frenchkittymeow
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2006 08:05:10 AM »

haha, I have been using mine for the gym too.  Hmmm, that might work, I'd just have to find one big enough. 

The only other thing I can think of is to do some t-shirt surgery and maybe cut the back out and sew a new one on in a complimentary color?  Yours is gray, maybe use a pink, mine is pink, maybe use a gray?  We can always use the "Damon" for rags when we scrub our toilets LOL
« Last Edit: April 20, 2006 08:08:14 AM by frenchkittymeow » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not; a sense of humor to console him for what he is." -Sir Francis Bacon
kmsmaverick
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2006 08:17:10 AM »

that is true, he was a substantial factor to the WS win. and even to the relative success of last year. (though it does warm my heart to know that he's not going to ever have another assist on a putout at his home ball park for the next few years) i wouldn't worry too much about it.

but if you are, then the most practical and easiest thing to do is to get a tee shirt of a matching shade, and then cut a shape out of it that jives with the arc of the name lettering, then put your own name on it, or something like that. then you wouldn't have to worry too much about the big space of the number
THIS ROCKS   Logged

frenchkittymeow
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2006 08:28:29 AM »

but if you are, then the most practical and easiest thing to do is to get a tee shirt of a matching shade, and then cut a shape out of it that jives with the arc of the name lettering, then put your own name on it, or something like that. then you wouldn't have to worry too much about the big space of the number
Love that idea, thank you! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kmsmaverick
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2006 08:40:39 AM »

hey, here's what else you can do:
http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/gallery/04_28_06_damon

or you can just scribble out the A with some acrylic fabric paint and put an E over the top of it with one of these things: ^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Turney Duff on Galleon, Goldman and Cocaine
Meet Katherine Parr in Queen’s Gambit
The Sacred River by Wendy Wallace
Jonathan Alter Talks About The Schmooze Gene
The Center Holds by Jonathan Alter
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...