A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 296,740
Currently Running With Scissors:
593 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Different things with ground beef?  (Read 4541 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

samglam209
Chefsalad

I love crafting!<3

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2006 03:52:44 PM »

Oh I thought of another one.YAY!
This is one of my favorites and even my picky little brother likes it.Taco salad.So the indgredients are:
lettuce
salsa
groundbeef(a pound or so)
tortilla chips(blue corn are good but you can use regular)
shredded cheese
taco seasoning
*optional:
a can of corn(rinsed)
a can of black beans(rinsed and drained)

Brown ground beef,drain and add taco seasoning according to directions on packet.Then you crush up about a cup of tortilla chips(I eye ball it until the bottom of the bowl is covered,I like a lot in it but however much you want)Then add lettuce,you can shredd it with a knife or just break it apart with your finger's,what ever you want to do.Add grown beef to bowl on top and add about a cup of the salsa(I also eye ball that,if you want it spicy add more, if not then you can add less)top with cheese toss it together so its mixed up and serve.Yummy!
*If you want to add the corn and black beans make sure they are drained(and I like the black beans rinsed off too)and add before you put the meat in.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yes I am a dork.I play video games,I like computer's and I craft.If you have anything new and important to tell me then please be my guest.Otherwise shut the hell up!
samglam209
Chefsalad

I love crafting!<3

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2006 03:55:35 PM »

oh and about the lettuce I use about half a head of it but it all depends on how lettucey(if thats a word.lol) you want it and how much you are making.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yes I am a dork.I play video games,I like computer's and I craft.If you have anything new and important to tell me then please be my guest.Otherwise shut the hell up!
rahgirl
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2006 11:44:20 PM »

porcupines!

Super easy and yummy...

Take raw ground beef, a diced onion, some diced garlic, salt and pepper and some instant rice and some tomatoe sauce

Mix well, and make meatballs and place in an oven proof baking pan and bake, pour off the grease and add the rest of the tomatoe sauce on top and bake a little bit longer...

I don't cook with measurements, I am sure if you google it you can find the exact recipe...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jpatti
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2006 11:30:56 AM »

Press a couple cloves of garlic and mince about an inch of fresh ginger.  Cook with a lb of cheap burger crumbled into a hot wok or really big frying pan (the cheap bit matters, if you buy super-lean burger, you're going to have to add oil to the recipe).

Once the burger is cooked, toss in a package of shredded cabbage (or shred a whole head of cabbage yourself).  Toss until all the cabbage is well covered in grease and stir while cooking.  This isn't exactly like stir-fry... the cabbage will first start giving off liquid first, and once the liquid dries up a bit, then it will brown a bit.

Cook just until the cabbage starts to brown, then add a bunch of soy sauce and stir.

This is a family favorite here.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
xSaraScene
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2006 03:00:34 PM »

My mom makes this stuff called...erm..."Stuff". (I kid you not, it's called Stuff.)

Brown one pound of ground beef with one good-sized onion. Then add a can of cream of mushroom soup, one can of Rotel, and one can of Ranch-style beans.

Serve over tortilla chips and top with sour cream, cheese, black olives, or whatever you like!

It's a twist on nachos, very tasty and cooks up in under 15 minutes.''

If you have any leftovers, you can make burritos with it and freeze them individually in wax paper for a fast, microwave meal.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
beetlepose
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2006 11:19:18 PM »

Nachos, mixed with KD, Italian wedding soup.....those are some of my favorites.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

McJulie-O
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2006 05:44:50 AM »

Nachos, mixed with KD, Italian wedding soup.....those are some of my favorites.

Please, what is KD?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
JBoudreau
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2006 08:22:42 AM »

Here's something that is tasty that I haven't made for a while, sorry I can't be precise with the measurements, I always just make it up as I go.

BLT Pizza
Ground beef (I usually use about a pound)
Pizza Sauce
1 loaf French Bread, cut in half lengthwise and again crosswise. Sometimes I use Italian bread, I'm rebellous that way.
Bacon, about 4 slices, more if you want. I use turkey bacon.
Cheese, again, whatever you want, cheddar, mozzerella, whatever.
Tomatoes, diced. I use fresh, but I guess you could use canned if you drain them.
Whatever other vegetables you want. I just realized that even though this is called BLT Pizza, there is no "L."  Cheesy

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook the bacon and crumble into bits. Brown the hamburger and drain. Return to the pan and stir in the pizza sauce. While the hamburger is browning, toast the pieces of bread for 5 minutes, just to get them a little bit of a toasting so the hamburger has a more substantial base to sit on.

To assemble: put hamburger/sauce mixture on the pieces of bread, then top with bacon and cheese, top with tomato and any other veggies you want. Back in the oven it goes, until the cheese is melted, about 10 minutes.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
sach monster
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2006 09:07:18 AM »

I second taco salad.... but we use fritos (doesn't get soggy, nice thick crunch...) and also, we use a dressing that's a mayo and green taco sauce mix.... totally yummy!!!

also, my other favourite is a taco stack.
basically, brown the beef- either with taco seasoning pack or (i live in london, so i don't have a supply of that) just mix with chilli powder and cumin, maybe a dash of salt... anyhow, then get package of tortillas, refried beans, shredded cheese, salsa, olives. 

on a tortilla, spread beans, beef, cheese, olives, salsa- then place another tortilla on top. slightly press down, and layer again.  you can do this 5-6 times, and on last layer, just butter the top and i like to add cheese- then bake for 15 mins. 

it is absolutely delicious!!! 

it's a bit fiddly trying to make all the layers, but it's SOOOO worth it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bluedox
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2006 09:29:33 AM »

I didn't see anyone else say Goulash. My husband loves it, and I always laugh b/c what he doesn't realize is that I make this when I am trying to get rid of odds and ends around here.

Anyway I mix:
Ground beef
beans (we do green and black as those are the only ones I like)
veggies (could be almost anything) I've used peas corn onions broccoli carrots tomatoes
garlic
cheese (shredded cheddar and usually some Parmesan)
pasta (short, I usually use the end of elbow mac boxes)
cheap tomato sauce (seems like I buy those small cans then don't know what to do with it)
oregano
whatever other spices I get a whim to use
and for good measure I always add in a bay leaf

Mix it all together, and then add a little more cheese at the end so it gets stringy (he loves that).

I swear my husband eats like a toddler. I could fix a great recipe with great ingredients and not hear a word from him. Then I make slop like this and he eats 3 plates and can't shut up about it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Tips to Shorten Camera Shutter Lags
Family Portrait Photography
RF-602 Wireless Flash Trigger Review and Demonstration
Choosing Your First Lens for a DSLR Camera
How to Keep Your Batteries Powered in Your Photo Shoots
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...