A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 302,584
Currently Running With Scissors:
512 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Different things with ground beef?  (Read 4523 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

strgazr
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2006 06:42:37 AM »

Tacos!!!  Thats what we always use ground beef for and we always keep old el paso kits in the cabinet. They are quick and yummy.  The gordita kit is the best.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Atomic Alice
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2006 07:09:06 AM »

I love to make Shepherd's Pie, similar to the tater tot ground beef recipe.  Brown ground beef (or ground turkey), add frozen mixed veggies (I like the peas and carrots), some onion, Worcestershire, A1 sauce, salt, pepper, onion or garlic powder, oregano, whatever.  Shove everything to one side of the pan so the juices collect in one spot, and add a tablespoon or so of flour and mix to make a paste.  Add some beef broth and stir to make a gravy.  Dump the whole thing in a baking dish.  Make some instant mashed potatoes and put on top and bake in the oven around 350 F for fifteen- twenty minutes or so until the potatoes get a little browned in spots and everything is heated through.   You could also take the filling and put into potato skins or serve over baked potatoes instead of making it like a casserole.  Tacos are also a favorite and so is frito pie:

Frito Pie

Brown ground beef, small minced onion, garlic powder in pan.  When browned, push everything to one side and tip pan so juices collect--add about 1Tbsp. flour and stir.  Add 1/2 cup of water, can of diced tomatoes (Undrained) and a can of black beans (rinsed and drained).  Add 2 Tbsp. chile powder and stir.  If mixture is too thick, add a little more water.  Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes.  To serve, put some fritos (or tortilla chips) into a bowl and top with the chili mixture.  Garnish with hot sauce, sour cream, shredded cheddar, etc. yum!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://foolmoon.etsy.com

Merricat, said Constance, would you like a cup of tea?
Oh, no, said Merricat, you'll poison me.
Atomic Alice
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2006 07:21:34 AM »

I forgot about this one, its really good too and kind of spring-y

Mini Cheeseburger Salad with Yellow Mustard Viniagrette (Rachael Ray)

1 1/2 pounds ground sirloin or ground turkey
1/4 cup finely chopped onion, eyeball it
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons steak seasoning blend or coarse salt and ground black pepper
Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
3/4 pound brick sharp Cheddar (recommended: Cabot brand or Cracker Barrel brand* )
3 large hearts romaine lettuce
1 cup sliced pickles, drained choose from sweet, half-sour or dill varieties
1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes
Dressing:
3 tablespoons yellow mustard (recommended: French's brand)
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, eyeball it
2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
2 tablespoons drained salad pimentos or, 1/4 small red bell pepper, finely chopped

* There are many flavors of sharp Cheddar out in today's markets to choose from, so go plain or go wild! Among the choices out there in sharp cheddars: 5-peppercorn, smoked, dill, garlic and herb, roasted garlic, horseradish, chipotle, habanero, jalapeno on and on!
Preheat a grill pan or a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat or, preheat outdoor grill.

Combine the meat with onion, Worcestershire and steak seasoning or salt and pepper. Form 2-inch meatballs, then flatten them into patties. Drizzle formed mini patties with extra-virgin olive oil to keep them from sticking to cooking surface.

Slice the brick of cheese into 1/4-inch pieces. Place patties into a preheated pan or grill pan or arrange on outdoor grill. Cook the mini burgers for 3 minutes on each side then add cheese to melt over patties. On outdoor grill, close the lid to melt cheese. In a skillet or on a grill pan, tent the mini cheeseburgers loosely with foil to melt cheese.

Coarsely chop romaine and combine with sliced pickles and halved cherry or grape tomatoes.

Whisk together the mustard and cider vinegar. Stream in the extra-virgin olive oil. Add the chopped chives and pimentos, stir to combine

Arrange mini cheeseburgers on salad and drizzle prepared yellow mustard over the completed dish.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://foolmoon.etsy.com

Merricat, said Constance, would you like a cup of tea?
Oh, no, said Merricat, you'll poison me.
zitrone21

Ooh, I'm so blurry . . .

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2006 07:34:05 AM »

I second the chili.  If you have a crock pot/slow cooker, you can mix up the ingredients in the morning and let it cook on low all day.  Then you can microwave the leftovers or freeze some for another time.  (I have a 5.5 qt crock pot and I can fit almost 4 lbs worth of ground meat chili).

But, another thing I make is crescent roll canneloni.  You brown a pound of ground beef with chopped onion and green peppers, drain it, add a tablespoon or so of tomato paste, season with oregano and garlic powder.  Let it cool down a bit before filling the crescents.  Then you just use the unroll and bake crescent rolls, but you leave 2 of them together to make a rectangle.  Seal them together as best you can, put about 1/3 cup of filling in the center, then roll them up from one short side, pinching the sides to seal.  Place them seam side down on a cookie sheet (spray it with cooking spray first), brush with a bit of beaten egg, then bake according to package directions.  Heat up some spaghetti sauce while they're baking and top the canneloni with that.  They're really filling, too.

The full pound of beef makes enough for 2 cans of crescent rolls, or a total of 8 canneloni.  If you only want to make one can's worth, you can freeze the other half of the mixture and make more later.  Or you can make them all at one time, and freeze half of the finished rolls for another time.  They reheat pretty well.  (Can you tell I'm big on freezing stuff?  I am my  mother's daughter . . .)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
verycrafty
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2006 01:21:32 PM »

who-oh! Look at all the yummy recipes! I can't wait to try some of them! Keep the recipes coming. I wan't to see what eles ya'll can come up with Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CraftyChef

Am I retired yet?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2006 10:34:40 AM »

Cook up some beef, THEN further mash it up in a food processor with some pesto, cooked bell peppers, a few black olives, some tomato paste or sauce and make a hand-held turnover with pie crust.

Make a meatloaf mix, but spread out the meat mix as "dough" (try for a rectangular shape), top with slices of herb-roasted veg, and roll 'er up jellyroll style. Sure, add some cheese.

Make a hamburger stew, toss in a pan of some kind and top with cornbread batter. Bake it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kahluakiggy
Tirelessly working to raise the next generation of Craftsters.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2006 11:46:18 AM »

taco casserole

taco meat with diced tomatoes and a bit of finely diced chiles (canned) and a can of corn mixed in, toss in a casserole dish, put a cup of taco or cheddar cheese on it, then top with corn bread batter, bake at 350 degrees for 20 - ish minutes.

toss 1\2 a pound of browned hamburger into a pot of mac and cheese.

I use taco meat in my shephard's pie - gives it a bit extra flavor.  Plus I have a kid that won't eat anything unless it could peel the paint off the walls.  lol

When I brown up my hamburger, I add a bit of water and two boullion cubes per pound, and a splash of gravy master.  Gives it a better flavor.  Not that that's a recipe really, but it's good...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

What doesn't kill you makes you stranger. --The Joker

After all, to the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure. -- Albus Dumbledore

Sokka: My first girlfriend turned into the moon.
Zuko: Thats rough, buddy.
samglam209
Chefsalad

I love crafting!<3

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2006 05:28:27 PM »

Oh these things sound so good.hehe.I have one to add..Theres one rice dish thing I got from the back of the minute rice box.hehe
So you brown up some hamburger you can use however much you want I improvise.Then I add a package of taco seasoning and water,I use 1 cup water to 1 cup of rice I usually use 4 cups of rice and 4 cups of water.then I add a can of tomatoes,drained.A can of black beans drained and rinsed and a can of corn,drained.Then I cook it for like 20 minutes or until the rice is cooked.Then I put cheese on it and eat,it's yummy!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yes I am a dork.I play video games,I like computer's and I craft.If you have anything new and important to tell me then please be my guest.Otherwise shut the hell up!
kahluakiggy
Tirelessly working to raise the next generation of Craftsters.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2006 07:49:13 PM »

Hey, that reminded me...I use the generic beef flavored rice-a-roni, and I add a pound of browned beef to it and my family loves it.  It's our "Oh, shit it's 7:00 and we forgot about dinner" dinner.  lol
We do the same with chicken, with the chicken flavor rice.  Oh, and throw a can of french cut green beans in there too.  Mmm, yummy.  That's what we had for dinner tonight.  At 7:15.  lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

What doesn't kill you makes you stranger. --The Joker

After all, to the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure. -- Albus Dumbledore

Sokka: My first girlfriend turned into the moon.
Zuko: Thats rough, buddy.
SewMuch4Kids

My Reality Check bounced.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2006 03:37:37 PM »

This is from all-recipes and is also good to drop in homemade or store bought spaghetti sauce as well as the meathballs sandwiches.

INGREDIENTS:
1 pound ground beef
3/4 cup bread crumbs
2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1 egg, beaten
1 French baguette
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 pinch salt, or to taste
1 (14 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
4 slices provolone cheese

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a medium bowl, gently mix by hand the ground beef, bread crumbs, Italian seasoning, garlic, parsley, Parmesan cheese, and egg. Shape into 12 meatballs, and place in a baking dish.
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until cooked through. Meanwhile, cut the baguette in half lengthwise, and remove some of the bread from the inside to make a well for the meatballs. Brush with olive oil, and season with garlic powder and salt. Slip the baguette into the oven during the last 5 minutes of the meatball's time, or until lightly toasted.
While the bread toasts, warm the spaghetti sauce in a saucepan over medium heat. When the meatballs are done, use a slotted spoon to transfer them to the sauce. Spoon onto the baguette and top with slices of provolone cheese. Return to the oven for 2 to 3 minutes to melt the cheese. Cool slightly, cut into servings, and enjoy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...