A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,080
Currently Running With Scissors:
588 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Librarian Love/Reading Is Sexy 2 GALLERY!  (Read 21118 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

raindrops
The Crazy Mixed-Up Files of Raindrops

No Day But Today

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2006 06:24:24 PM »

I received my amazing package from janefeebles, too.  Now that I've posted my very first pics, I'll have to snap a pic soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The opposite of war isn't peace, it's creation!
vtgirl
"Impossible sir, it's in Johnson's underwear."

Loves flow charts.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2006 08:01:51 PM »

will post pics later today (sorry vtgirl  Undecided)

Wink I'm sure I'll live.  It's my first swap and I'm uber excited about everything and can't wait to get feedback so I can join more!  Woot for swapping!! (much to the dismay of my husband  Grin)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you're referring to the incident with the dragon, I was barely involved." ~ Gandalf

Twitter = sicavt
Bigmouth

Lisa at heart

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2006 09:24:45 PM »

REDHEADEDALI RULES!  I just got a fantastic package today, and I'm in love with it!  She made me fingerless mitts that say "read to live/live to read" on the left/right.  So neat.  And they fit perfectly, which is a miracle all its own!  And it just got chilly again this week, so I'm enjoying them RIGHT NOW.  She also sent me a tote bag that's meant for me and me alone (it has an old Nancy Drew cover, in GREEK!).  And a necklace she described as "librarian pearls" from an actual, bona fide librarian, which are meant to be worn with the sweater I embroidered with "Nerd." 

All this stuff was a result of sifting through my posts to find out what I'd really like.  And I do.  Thank you so much, redheadedali!  I'll post pictures when I'm not about to collapse from exhaustion! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.etsy.com/NilaCeramics
Buttons, dishes, pretty things
jane feebles
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2006 04:25:04 AM »

Well, here are my goodies from raindrops!

The main craft is wall art based on my favourite sentence by Truman Capote from La Cote Basque "It was an atmosphere of luxurious exhaustion, like a ripened, shedding rose, while all that waited outside was the failing New York afternoon.: *sigh*

These pics do it absolutley NO justice

And the detail on the bottom

I'm hanging this in my studio above the sewing machine (prime position)

PLUS I got some peeps (we don't get them in AussieLand), some local campus papers for me to read and some bookmarks

Thanks raindrops, I got a swap that touches me personally and was made from the heart.  What more could you want?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Do you stitch? Do you bitch? Do you live in BrisVegas?? http://brisbanesnb.wordpress.com/

sighing, she stared wist-fully across the crowded buffet table
batgirl
Global Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Part Librarian, Part Superhero

Stop Pinning, Start Making.

« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2006 05:56:55 AM »

Oh Bigmouth, how I love thee! I MUST make a "nerd" sweater of my very own! genius!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just added lots of new items! Use coupon code "craftster" for 10% off! http://www.LilyLovesBernie.etsy.com
 50 Things
Bigmouth

Lisa at heart

« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2006 06:15:33 AM »

It wasn't my own idea.  I was inspired by the Geek Pride Swap Gallery (I missed the swap, but I love the gallery):  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=65877.20
The original ("Geek" in ribbon) is on page 3, and my "me-too" ("Nerd" in yarn) is on the last page.  And I highly recommend y'all browse that great gallery!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.etsy.com/NilaCeramics
Buttons, dishes, pretty things
lucid501
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2006 01:16:42 PM »

I went home for lunch today and was really bummed because the food I picked up from a local restaurant ended up sucking. a lot. But then, I checked the mail, and I got my package from parisgirl! Yay! I don't have my digital camera right now (I forgot it at a friends house) but I should get it back this weekend.
Parisgirl made me an awesome box designed to look like a Reader's Digest book with those nifty patterned covers. She collaged the inside with (I'm guessing) pages from a real Reader's Digest book. It was protected in the package by this lovely yellow furry fabric which I can't get enough of. It is quite possibly the softest thing I've ever felt.
Inside the box I got two different kinds of bookplates: Sunflower bookplates, and Women themed bookplates (scans below). Also, she made me some lovely cards with reading quotes (a few of my favorites are below). I will post pictures of the awesome book-shaped box as soon as I get my camera back. Thanks Parisgirl! I love all of it! Grin

Bookplates:

Two of the cards:

« Last Edit: January 30, 2012 09:45:30 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue. » THIS ROCKS   Logged
parisgirl
I craft for comfort

Alice in Parisland

« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2006 02:55:26 PM »

collaged the inside with (I'm guessing) pages from a real Reader's Digest book. It was protected in the package by this lovely yellow furry fabric which I can't get enough of. It is quite possibly the softest thing I've ever felt.

Yeah -old readers digest and an Art history text I use for collage.  That fabric is from Walmart!!!!!  I bought a few yards and use it for packing because it is so SOFT.  I'm so happy you liked it, after the mess I had with the box being so sticky I thought I'd make sure everything arrived extra safe.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sarahimpossible
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2006 11:37:09 AM »

I think jnaos has been super busy with life and swap stuff, so I'll go ahead and post pics of the stuff she received from me on Tuesday. Jena, feel free to post any you take, because I used my husband's leg as a background for most of these before boxing them up and shipping them out as soon as I got back to my desk from lunch with him!

Here is the "book" bag I made. First bag I've ever made, and pretty much the first thing I've used my sewing machine for, so I was clueless about a lot and had to cheat a few times (thank goodness for hem tape). There's some gold thread that runs through the fabric that didn't really show up. It's box bottom, and reinforced with canvas to make it more sturdy for books.

Jnaos said she really liked the book Mary Queen of Scotland and the Isles by Margaret George, so I made an anklet with a pic of the book varnished on the silver tab.  The other silver tabs have gold glitter varnished on them. These actually used to have other pics on them because I got them from a crappy piece of walmart jewelry where these were the only decent beads, and I varnished on Hershey kisses wrappers to make them silvery.

This stenciled librarian was originally supposed to be fully beaded and go on the bag,  but when she started looking demonic I tried to make her into a snap pouch instead, but the fabric really did not cooperate. I had such high hopes for her...sigh

Jnaos also said that she liked all fairy tales, so I made a two-sided fairy tale bookmark. A very old book from Halfprice had to die to make this, but I'll be using all the rest of the pics from it for other things as well.

Little Red Riding Hood ended up looking like she was in some sort of "magical" dreamland due to the mushroom at her feet...heh... She has red glitter on her hood and shoes.

I made a set of reading greeting cards. Made from nice textured papers, which you can't see from the photos. The dark colored one have paper designs pasted inside so you can write with regular pens.

I read somewhere on Crafster that she liked Shel Silverstein's ABC book for adults, so I made a few cards with pics from those as well. Again the dark ones have paper inside to write a greeting on. Jnaos said she will frame the Fireman one for her husband's desk. heh
I did D, K, E, and R, and you can view the pics with words you can actually read here (don't be thrown by the playboy part - nothing super dirty or anything. http://www.banned-width.com/shel/works/playboy/abz/abz.html

And lastly, some goodies I threw in because I was a few days late sending.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012 09:45:05 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue. » THIS ROCKS   Logged
batgirl
Global Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Part Librarian, Part Superhero

Stop Pinning, Start Making.

« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2006 12:59:28 PM »

That's an AWESOME package!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just added lots of new items! Use coupon code "craftster" for 10% off! http://www.LilyLovesBernie.etsy.com
 50 Things
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Product Review: Agadir Argan Spray Oil
Top Hair Resolutions for the New Year
DIY: How To Make Creaseless Hair Ties And Head Bands
How to Get a 1940s Wave
How To Get Big Beachy Waves With A Curling Wand
Latest Blog Articles
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects
Spotlight On: Amigurumi

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...