A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 296,633
Currently Running With Scissors:
483 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Any Akronites?  (Read 11716 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jmommy08
« Reply #80 on: January 06, 2009 10:25:16 AM »

Well, how appropriate for my first post to be here.  I am in Goodyear Heights!  I would love to find a group to get together with.

Also, I didn't know they had opened a Hobby Lobby over there.  My hubby has got to get a job so I can go craft shopping again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
GelinaJo
I'm More Crafty Than I thought!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: February 01, 2009 09:31:06 PM »

Hey Everyone!

So... I want to meet other local crafters! I am the only crafty person I know and am in search of crafty friends Smiley I'm in the Akron area and would love to have a meet, greet, and treat or something! Anyone else interested in something like this? We could all get together and craft or take turns teaching how to make different crafts.. or whatever. I think this could be fun and am pretty sure I know of a place we could all get together without overwhelming someones home! What do you think? PM Me and let me know! Hope to hear from you soon!
-Angela
THIS ROCKS   Logged

midnitestar
« Reply #82 on: February 23, 2009 09:57:25 PM »

cool if I remember to check this again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
brannick
« Reply #83 on: March 19, 2009 06:16:23 AM »

Hey all. I just found Craftster! It's great! I live in Munroe Falls (Stow). And the new Hobby Lobby is FABULOUS!! A little to close to home. I want to go there all the time. I like to scrapbook & crochet. Right now I'm working on a chevron stripe blanket (maroon, gold & cream - school colors). I'm taking a break from that, though to do a tote bag. I love it! I started it last week & I'm almost done with the body of the bag (I'm very slow, taught myself a couple of years ago). Hope to hear more from other people from the area!!!    Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

melyssa_marie
so tacky its classy

tattooeddahlia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: July 15, 2009 10:19:31 PM »

hey craftsters, just thought i'd drop in a little note here about a newer store here in highland square. its called "made in akron" and its all kind of fun akron based stuff. its affiliated with rubber city clothing. its a lovely place to stop in for some local art, food, and nostalgia. its just off market street. stop by! maybe you could even sell them a piece you make? who knows!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ashnicole
« Reply #85 on: July 26, 2009 06:10:37 PM »

hello! cuyahoga falls here ... just looking for others to get together!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jennyanydots42
« Reply #86 on: August 23, 2009 04:59:32 PM »

There is a knitting/crochet/whatever craft group that meets up at angel falls coffee shop in highland square Fridays at 7:30.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Friends don't let friends get eaten by trees
missy424
« Reply #87 on: November 08, 2010 12:06:50 AM »

Hi there. I am from North Akron.  I do crochet, Beading, and i make home made aromatherapy bathsalts. Looking to start selling the bathsalts again but have not had the money to make up any products since i lost my job last may.  Still hoping I can get it together soon.  Cry
THIS ROCKS   Logged
JustNaz9

I hope there's pudding...<3

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 21, 2011 10:06:18 AM »

So, I know no one's really posted in this thread since November of last year, but I figured I'd throw my hat into the Akronite ring  Grin

I currently attend the University of Akron, and live about 40 minutes west of there in an itty bitty town between Medina and Wooster. I was surprised to see so many people from Wadsworth, since it's only a 15-20 min drive from where I live  Tongue

Let's see, my newest obsession is crocheting, my grandma just taught me so I've been doing a lot of that lately. I really want to learn to do amigurami's soon! I also do a little scrapbooking, a little with beads and clay (jewelry, mostly). I'm starting to do a little with fabric, but I don't really know how to sew. Definitely on my list of things to learn. I also love to doodle and take pictures.  I'm definitely addicted to PatCatans and Joanns, I have a ton of craft supplies that I pick up with intentions of using for awesome projects but never get around to.

Nice to see so many NEOhioans here Smiley

« Last Edit: March 21, 2011 10:22:07 AM by JustNaz9 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You cut up a thing that's alive and beautiful to find out how it's alive and why it's beautiful, and before you know it, it's neither of those things, and you're standing there with blood on your face and tears in your sight and only the terrible ache of guilt to show for it."
Clive Barker
metalchickphd
« Reply #89 on: August 22, 2011 02:05:51 PM »

I'm a newbie from Akron in Goodyear Heights as well. I'm a little ADDDDDDDD....LOL I have several projects going on ...just trying to find the one that I'm best at, have time for, and that I can share and do with others. So far I have started doing steampunk softies, zombie softies, steampunk dolls and hats, repainting barbies and making clay dolls, I even got some knitting stuff.. haven't tried that yet!  LOL .. I guess I can't post any pictures yet until i have enough posts so hopefully soon I can show soem pictures and get some replies and go from there. There a few in my gallery if you can see them? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Canon G10: Set for Portrait Scene
Canon G10: Set for People-in-Landscape Scene
Canon G10: Set for Panoramic Scene
Canon G10: Set for Night Portrait Scene
Canon G10: Set for Night Landscape Scene
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...