A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 302,587
Currently Running With Scissors:
562 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: camera case by a newbie.  (Read 918 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Gem84
« on: April 18, 2006 10:23:37 AM »

After browsing around here for what seems like ages, I learned to crochet from my mom when I was home for the long weekend. She was hesitant about getting The Happy Hooker for me before I even touched a crochet hook but after she taught me a bit and saw that yes, I in fact could make something out of yarn that is not totally crooked, we went to Chapters to get the book and now I can't wait to crochet more! Anyway, here is my first project:

The seam is a bit unseemly (heh), I think, but maybe it'll stretch over time and not bother me as much. I love the button - just found it in my mom's little box of miscellaneous buttons. The case is also lined with white fabric in case the yarn would scratch the camera screen. I just can't believe I crocheted something so quickly. You should have seen my many tries at knitting; they're embarrassing. :/ When knitting, I have no idea what the yarn is doing - if I drop a stitch, I don't know what to do with it. In crochet, if I make a mistake, I know exactly how to fix it. I love it! I hope I get to post more with other projects, now that I have my own crochet hooks.

As an added bonus, I practised crocheting a circle and while it was perfectly round and flat, I decided to practise slip stitching around the edge which was just made it into a bowl, so I flipped it over and stuck it on my dog's head to snap a picture:

« Last Edit: April 18, 2006 10:32:32 AM by Gem84 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
RinoaRose
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2006 01:44:10 PM »

you know that if you at a strap to your camera case thing you could use it as a cell phone holder to Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Clay Pants
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2006 05:46:56 PM »

OOo now I want to make myself a lime green camera case! thanks for the idea... Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lexscreations
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2007 11:33:23 AM »

I like it! Smiley I'm new at crochet, too, and want to make a case for my camera, but I can't figure out how to do it.  Any tips/suggestions?

Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Cerya
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2007 01:11:46 PM »

Congratulations on your first project! You would be surprised at how much you can crochet. After you have been crocheting for a while you might want to try knitting again. I know many people who had issues learning to knit but after learning yarn control in crochet were abel to pick up knitting with ease.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Atomic Buffalo Turds Recipe
How to Buy a Grill and Grilled Branzino Recipe
How to Make a Savory Bread Pudding
How to Boil Macaroni and Make Roux
Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...