A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 303,136
Currently Running With Scissors:
691 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: when an online store doesn't deliver  (Read 1075 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« on: April 18, 2006 10:16:57 AM »

I've been ordering online for awhile and never had a problem, until recently. I order some needles from an online store three weeks ago. I've not heard anything from them except an email right after I ordered that said they would notify me when my order shipped. I've emailed them three times and have not gotten a response. I've looked for a phone number but they don't list one. I'm so upset about this. Has anyone else ever had this problem?

Que papi chulo!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2006 10:40:31 AM »

that's horrible!!! what store is this so I will know not to buy from it?

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2006 11:34:26 AM »

That's awful. Angry

My suggestion is to check your credit card bill online (they usually post the most recent transactions) and call the number on your bill for that charge. 

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2006 11:42:09 AM »

Along the lines of what sachis2112 said... you could contact your credit card company.  Some have those buyer's protection plans that will refund your money/cancel the charge.

When life gives you lemons, make cocktails! Grin
Horse Power
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2006 12:20:01 PM »

Has anyone else ever had this problem?

lol... I'm dealing with this right now. I paid by check, so I factored in an extra ten days for that, but I still think it's been a bit long. I sent them an email yesterday, and haven't heard a reply yet. If they'd just take 10 seconds to say "we'll look into it" I'd feel a lot better.

I've ordered online a lot, though, and this is one of the very very few times this has happened, so....

That reminds me. It's time to go check the mail. Here's hoping we both get our orders today!

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2006 12:37:47 PM »

i am wondering what store it is as well, i do a lot of online shopping, due to the lack of shopping options where i live, please let us know what website you ordered from so we can steer clear.

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2006 03:44:37 PM »

The store I ordered from is http://www.jklneedles.com/. They haven't responded to a single email, have no contact information except an email address. I guess I should just be smarter about it next time. I'm going to try to cancel the charges tomorrow if I don't hear anything. Chances are they won't contact me. It comes in threes and this is my third experience with fraud this month, so hopefully its over. Frist the Hyundia Dealership tried to tell me I needed to spend $800 on all new brakes on my two year old car. Thinking this was fishy I took it for a second oppinion and sure enough I have 75% left. Then we bought a used EuroVan from someone who told us it was in good condition and needed minor repairs, $3700 is what we bought it for. Come to find out its not even worth investing any money into getting anything fixed because it's about to fall apart. We bought it from a parent of one of the kids in my sons classs so we thought we could trust them. We basically threw away $3700. Makes me sick to think people can take advantage of people like that.

i've learned my lesson, I guess I  just can't trust anyone! Its sad, I don't want to live like that.  Cry

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2006 03:58:28 PM »

Here ya go Smiley

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2006 04:21:17 PM »

i took the liberty of looking up the info of the person who registered the domain. sure enough, the person listed the phone number and fax as 999-9999. go figure. but if you want to look at the information (including the name of the person who registered the domain name), you can see it here. you just have to do a search for the domain name.

not that that really helps anything. but just thought i'd throw it in there. maybe it can help if you considered filing a complaint like the person above me suggested...
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2006 05:38:58 PM »

Thanks guys! I did do a search like you did, combatbaby, and came up with the same results, 999-999-9999. Which seems fishy. But to be fair, we have an online store and don't have our number listed for various reasons, the main one is we don't want people calling us at all hours of the night, which happened when we put it up for a short period of time. And maybe these guys have a good excuse, but running an online store myself, I just can't think of one good enough to ignore your customer for three weeks. So I think I will file a complaint and try to get my money back. At this point after the other two things that happened to me, I'm just throwing my hands up, taking a deep breath, and then continuing to knit (its a natural destresser!).

thanks for the help!

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Susan Cheever Talks About Louisa May Alcott
Joseph A. Califano Jr. Talks About How to Raise a Drug-Free Kid
Eric Puchner Talks About Model Home
Murder, Mayhem and a Fine Man Book Trailer
Meet Author Stef Penney
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Witch Hat Fascinator
Beware! Black Cats!
Meatless Monday: Pickled Peppers

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...