A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 298,068
Currently Running With Scissors:
423 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: More Colorful Rooms of my House! Mucho Pics.  (Read 12729 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

galaxiepi
« on: April 17, 2006 06:10:46 PM »

So you've seen what I've done with my bedroom, now here are some pics from other rooms in my house. Needless to say, I love using bright, bold colors. I'm still tweaking with things here and there, but overall my months of renovation and work have paid off nicely, if I do say so myself. Czech it out, son!

Here is my living room, complete with my gorrrrrgeous microsuede couch, which I adore. This is pretty much the only room that's a neutral color.

My bathroom may be the most controversial, as hot pink is not a desired color by many. I dub the look "Caribbean Colonialism" as the pink is paired with a cool crisp white (cloth shower curtain, sink, toilet, accessories), a deep tropical green (leaves of the orchids, towels, polka dot shower liner), and dark wood/bamboo (wainscoting [sp?], bamboo tray on the counter, picture frames). The gilded mirror and the colonial engraving hung behind the loo add the sophisticated twist. Here's one pic, complete with my cat drinking from the sink:

My kitchen is a bright orange with white tiling along the walls. I LOVE the color and have accented the room with Latin (Mexican and Italian) Catholic imagery, not because I'm particularly religious, but because I think the artwork inspired by it is vibrant and beautiful.
This first pic is a little corner next to my fridge:

This little weird shelf near the ceiling has been dubbed "Atoning for my Sins" with my shot glass collection:

A cross I found in Mexico near the kitchen's doorway:

My wineglass rack above my sink could very well be my fave thing in the world.

I wanted the transition from my bright kitchen to my neutral dining room and living room to be smooth, so I opted for a cooler, almost creamsicle orange. Here's what my "stove room" looks like:

Part of the dining room, with the french doors that lead out to my eastern patio:

I stripped the nasty old carpet off my office/library floor and since the wood was soft and in poor condition, I had to paint it this brown color, but I think it complements the bright green well. This room definitely needs further work (ie: that is in no way the permanent window treatment), but I like how it's progressing. The records are old, warped ones of Elvis' greatest hits that I found in an attic. I'm not a huge fan of the Stones or Elvis, but I respect their effect on music and like how it works in here. Plus I'm a music nut as a whole.

This bookshelf is actually part of my old country desk, but the ceilings are so low in my upstairs that I had to separate them and put it on the floor.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
xoxcitylovexox

Hi my name is Jessica I have a yarn buying problem

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2006 06:13:37 PM »

lovely

my favorite is the bathroom though... especially since my cat drinks from the sink as well Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinkaholic

I <3 shiny things

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2006 04:41:44 AM »

Jealous  Undecided

Lol, no I really LOVE your house. I gotta agree that the bathroom is my favourite. I love your little stove fire thing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love me for who I am
Ana_Ng

There is more to life than increasing its speed.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2006 06:09:29 PM »

<gasp>

Your home is so beautiful.  It really shows that you've put alot of effort into fixing it up. 

And I have to disagree. EVERY bathroom should be hot pink like yours.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
junquette

Oh come on ya can never own enough shoes or purses

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2006 06:16:46 PM »

very very cool!! Love every room!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DoStayGiraffe
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2006 08:34:42 PM »

I LOVE the color in your house.  The use of bright pink in the bathroom is incredibly original and utterly gorgeous.  And your kitchen...my mouth is hanging open.  I feel the need to paint now!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
missliz01

my cat playing dead ;p

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2006 08:43:50 AM »

Very beautiful home.Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BabyPop
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2006 07:27:39 AM »

I LOVE I LOVE I LOVE!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cupcakesorbet

I like pretty things

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2006 01:27:33 PM »

I too will have to agree that I like the bathroom best. The green of the plant clashes beautifuly with the pink walls. And I thing clashing is a good thing by the way, it makes my eyes feel funny Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
juxtagirl
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2006 09:13:04 PM »

the bathroom is my favorite. NICE COLORS wooo! Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Beef Muffins
She Crab Soup Recipe
Bacon Explosion Recipe
Spiced Nuts
Macaroni and Cheese
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...