A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 302,559
Currently Running With Scissors:
697 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Calista's Alexander McQueen Knockoff Sweater  (Read 26456 times)
Tags for this thread: alexander_mcqueen  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Crow Jane
« Reply #100 on: October 16, 2006 08:29:37 PM »

I just bought this pattern and went to purchase the yarn from Knitpicks but they don't mail out to Australia  Cry  Angry  Huh  Cry

I can't find any yarn that is the same weight, colour and price as the Andean Treasure for sale here. Plus, I really had my heart set on the Andean Treasure because I love the colour of the heathered yarn. Le sigh.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006 08:55:31 PM by Crow Jane » THIS ROCKS   Logged

dair

Cute but psycho - things even out!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: October 16, 2006 11:24:52 PM »

crow jane - you wont find anyone here in OZ who does prices the same.... but have you tried ordering from bendigo wool mills?? it works out to be $2.50/50grm ball (they only sell 200grm balls - i LOVE getting parcels from them - they are huge!)
they supply stores under the 'Heirloom' brand. if you email order@bendigowoollenmills.com.au they will send you a free sample card, and its free postage for orders over $30.

i recommend Rustic (a.k.a Heirloom Heatherwood), and their Alpaca is really cheap too ($15 for 200g ball)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crow Jane
« Reply #102 on: October 17, 2006 01:42:22 AM »

Thanks for tip! I have already sent off an email to Bendigo Woolen Mills. You got me started looking at wool mills and I found another place - Nundle Woolen Mill, for $4.50 - I am rather fond of the Rhubarb and Dusky Rose.
http://www.nundle.info/nundle/woollenmill/shadecard04.asp

THIS ROCKS   Logged

calista
« Reply #103 on: October 17, 2006 08:33:54 AM »

Oh, I'm glad to hear that you found something...I was also looking for a substitutable yarn for you, but it wasn't easy to find a yarn of the quality in that price range.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crow Jane
« Reply #104 on: October 17, 2006 05:48:43 PM »

Thanks so much for looking, Calista. I will go for a local yarn producer this time (not that I have any choice). I can't wait til my sample cards come so I can buy some yarn so I can get started on my jumper. I would go out and look at LYS but I can't drive because of an operation I had recently and I can't look online for extended periods of time because I can't sit for long. I feel asleep last night reading my AMcQK pattern. Joy!

Special note to all you U.S. and Canadian citizens: As of yesterday, round about the time I found out that Knitpicks doesn't post to Australia, I felt the sudden urge to become best bosom buddies and possibly bff with a Canadian and/or American. Just putting it out there.

kthnxbye
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006 09:59:03 PM by Crow Jane » THIS ROCKS   Logged

dair

Cute but psycho - things even out!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: October 17, 2006 08:02:04 PM »

i forgot to mention Nundle! hehehe i love their 20 ply! talk about a fast knit!
i live in Sydney, and one day hope to con my GF into driving me there.... one day.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

scapina
« Reply #106 on: October 25, 2006 03:17:16 PM »

well, i'm done the second sleeve. so all i have to do do is the neckline. unfortunately the rest of the sweater is back home and i'm in europe for 2 more weeks. as much as this trip is fun, i want to finish my sweater now!!!!!!  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
calista
« Reply #107 on: October 26, 2006 08:52:15 PM »

well, i'm done the second sleeve. so all i have to do do is the neckline. unfortunately the rest of the sweater is back home and i'm in europe for 2 more weeks. as much as this trip is fun, i want to finish my sweater now!!!!!!  Tongue

Oh, what a sad news, Scapina! If you were able to finish it while you were there, it would have been a really useful piece during this late fall. (Well..as a 2nd thought..I don't know where you live.  Roll Eyes).  Anyway, I can't wait to see another one of it.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

scapina
« Reply #108 on: November 09, 2006 11:49:22 PM »

It's actually ok, I live in Vancouver and our winters can barely be called that, so I should be able to wear this sweater pretty much through until next spring. Smiley

I'm back so almost done..... hopefully tomorrow!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Crow Jane
« Reply #109 on: November 10, 2006 03:33:30 AM »

Scapina - what a beautiful colour! It looks like a greeny-grey.

I can't wait until I can get the yarn for mine.

*is excited*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Milly for Banana Republic Hits Stores Today
How to Make Cool Cuffed Denim Shorts in Under 4 Minutes
How to Mix & Match Your Wardrobe
DIY Fashion Inspired by the Kitchen
Is a Bra the Secret to Looking Slimmer?
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...