A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 306,355
Currently Running With Scissors:
367 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Calista's Alexander McQueen Knockoff Sweater  (Read 27306 times)
Tags for this thread: alexander_mcqueen  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

anky
« Reply #60 on: June 26, 2006 04:33:03 PM »

I'm having serious issues with seaming. Any tips?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

scapina
« Reply #61 on: July 11, 2006 10:54:10 PM »

ok i am having a newbie problem, how on earth do i bind off those 6 stitches at the end of the row (for the armhole of the bodice)? the way i normally bind off, i would wind up with a big hole. other shirts i have made, i bind off at the beginning of the next row..... hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. otherwise, it's looking good!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
briteros
« Reply #62 on: July 11, 2006 11:04:37 PM »

scapina,

i actually did the BOs at the beginning of each row... so if you see ones at the end of the row, I would just do them at the beginning of the next.

good luck, and i'd love to see a progress shot!
- briteros
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blogging away at purly brites

visit my etsy store! www.yarn-lust.com
scapina
« Reply #63 on: July 11, 2006 11:21:19 PM »

cool, that's what i was thinking the answer might be. Smiley

here is a pic!

the cables aren't as tight on the left side as i would like, but i think i can deal with it. Smiley

yours is awesome btw, briteros. love the colour!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2006 11:29:30 PM by scapina » THIS ROCKS   Logged
calista
« Reply #64 on: July 13, 2006 12:12:19 AM »

Hey scapina,
It looks to be progressing very well!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

briteros
« Reply #65 on: July 13, 2006 01:09:13 AM »

it's lookin good scapina! and don't worry so much about the cables... maybe you can block it out a bit at the end Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blogging away at purly brites

visit my etsy store! www.yarn-lust.com
jane_101
I'll do it now in a minute.

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 13, 2006 04:04:55 AM »

Hi there Calista, may I first just say I think this is an absolutely beautiful sweater, you're super-talented!

Unfortunately there's no way I can go braless (I have three kids, says it all!  Roll Eyes) and just wondered if there was any simple modification I could make in order to make this less off-the-shoulder IYSWIM?  I'm quite a competent knitter but I just never know where to start when it comes to tinkering with stuff like this.

Hope this isn't too big an ask, thanks for any advice you might be able to give.

Jane Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rachillsk8
« Reply #67 on: July 13, 2006 08:15:47 AM »

You can always wear camisole or something underneath instead of modifying the pattern, if you do that with a nude bra then it won't obnoxiously sceam "look at my bra straps!".  If you get one with lace at the top that comes up higher and peeks out the top of the sweater, it would look reallly cute (I have a bunch like this from Ann Taylor Loft, I wear them under most of my sweaters and suit jackets).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

calista
« Reply #68 on: July 13, 2006 01:22:19 PM »

Hi there Calista, may I first just say I think this is an absolutely beautiful sweater, you're super-talented!

Unfortunately there's no way I can go braless (I have three kids, says it all!  Roll Eyes) and just wondered if there was any simple modification I could make in order to make this less off-the-shoulder IYSWIM?  I'm quite a competent knitter but I just never know where to start when it comes to tinkering with stuff like this.

Hope this isn't too big an ask, thanks for any advice you might be able to give.

Jane Smiley

I usually wear strapless bra under this. Even though I have no kids, I need some kinds of support.  Smiley
Anyway, to make the neckline higher, you can simply keep decreasing 1 st at each end of every other rows until you get the width of the neckline you want, keeping the braid and diamond pattern. You should decrease the same amount of sts on the corresponding shoulder line of the sleeves and the bodice.
I hope it helped!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jane_101
I'll do it now in a minute.

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 14, 2006 04:04:24 AM »

Calista, thank you, that's an excellent help to me.  I've got too many projects on the go at the moment but once I get one of them down, I'll be purchasing the pattern.  Thanks so much for getting back to me.

PS - strapless bra, what a dream!  I wear a G-cup so that's a no-no too, unless I want one giant sausage-shaped boob Roll Eyes  Woe is me, blah blah, getting a lovely sweater will make up for my heartache I'm sure Tongue

Jane Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Salma Hayek’s Beauty School: Easy Wavy Hair
How to Make Your Blowout Last the Entire Week
How to Achieve Ombre Hair Color At-Home
A Comb That Rids Frizz
Christo Shows How to Style Curly Hair
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...