A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 298,710
Currently Running With Scissors:
748 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Calista's Alexander McQueen Knockoff Sweater  (Read 27191 times)
Tags for this thread: alexander_mcqueen  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

calista
« Reply #80 on: August 21, 2006 03:40:56 PM »

Jane, I'm glad it helped.
I'm almost settled in NJ...the only thing left for me is....finding a job!  Lips sealed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

scapina
« Reply #81 on: September 01, 2006 01:25:02 PM »

is anyone else still working on theirs? i've almost got the front finished (the back is already done) so i hope to be on the sleeves by next week. it's actually pretty fast once you get the pattern down, it's only taken me so long because i didn't work on it for 3 months. looking forward to wearing it once the weather cools down. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
almndladybug
« Reply #82 on: September 01, 2006 02:32:02 PM »

I just started, though I'm adapting the sweater to be knitted in the round, as I don't do knitting multiple pieces and seeming well. I get the first  done and then don't want to have to do the 2nd piece. Needless to say I'll be knitting both sleeves at the same time! (Yeah ADD!)

I'll pass on my production notes to Calista and take pictures!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
landry
« Reply #83 on: September 01, 2006 08:03:14 PM »

is anyone else still working on theirs? i've almost got the front finished (the back is already done) so i hope to be on the sleeves by next week. it's actually pretty fast once you get the pattern down, it's only taken me so long because i didn't work on it for 3 months. looking forward to wearing it once the weather cools down. Smiley

Still working on mine! I also put mine on the backburner for a few months because the alpaca kept making my fingers sweat.  Cry I just picked it up again and am halfway done with the second body piece.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

flickr photos + + knitting pictures
livejournal + + knitting and other blog-worthy stuff
currently  + + crazy over twinkle's big city knits
anky
« Reply #84 on: September 03, 2006 12:07:38 AM »

almndladybug, I'd totally be interested in your notes on how to knit this pattern in the round. I'm with you on the not being a fan of knitting mulitple pieces and sewing them together. I haven't been able to sew this together yet and I think I might frog it anyways as I fear it is too small. I'll wait to see how you go before I start over.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nosyred
« Reply #85 on: September 11, 2006 02:47:30 PM »

calista -- where in nj did you move?  I'm a (semi-)recent nj'er, and I'm in search of a really good yarn shop.

I am SO getting going on this pattern after I finish a little intarsia fun I'm playing with right now
THIS ROCKS   Logged

calista
« Reply #86 on: September 13, 2006 06:56:32 PM »

calista -- where in nj did you move?  I'm a (semi-)recent nj'er, and I'm in search of a really good yarn shop.

I am SO getting going on this pattern after I finish a little intarsia fun I'm playing with right now

nosyred, I live in Newport area in Jersey City. (Right across from Manhattan through Holland Tunnel. Where do you live?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nosyred
« Reply #87 on: September 13, 2006 10:00:35 PM »

gotcha -- I'm outside new brunswick, which isn't too bad a place to be.  (surprisingly not-bad, actually.  jersey gets an overall bad reputation, very much undeserved.  since my move I've become hugely pro-NJ.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nosyred
« Reply #88 on: September 14, 2006 08:09:46 AM »

how much do y'all think using worsted weight yarn would mess with this pattern?  I'm cheap-o and I can't find any inexpensive sport weight yarn around (except for paton's grace, which just feels, um, crappy).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

almndladybug
« Reply #89 on: September 14, 2006 04:40:54 PM »

umm, you'd really have to adjust the pattern a lot. Have you considered knitpicks at all?  You can get enough yarn for the project for under $40.  And Andean Treasure, which is  made by KP is the yarn Calista used. Knitpicks shipping is super fast, I almost always get my orders within 1 week of ordering, and that's with the slow shipping. Plus free shipping on orders over $40!  I  think I paid $3.29/ball and I used 9 balls. For that price, you can barely get something from a box craft store.  I made the medium size, and even though the pattern called for 10 balls, I didn't even use the majority of the 9th ball.

My finished sweater. I've worn it twice already. The first time, it took a while to get used to, but now I LOVE it and it fits much better the second time. For the neckline I followed the directions and it's really quite flexible as I can "pull" it up a bit and it's much more "covering" or pull it down low onto my shoulders for a much more sexy look. I've worn it to work and nobody's said anything to me yet about the neckline being inappropriate!

A note on the color:  it's called lilac, but I think a more appropriate name for the color should be plain ol' purple. Luckily I didn't care, but if you want a light purple, lilac isn't.

I'm wicked busy with start of the school year stuff and am WAYYY behind in school and personal stuff, but I  hope to get my notes typed up about knitting this in the round soon. I'm going to send them to Calista first as it's her pattern and once I type them up and hear back from her I'm sure I'll either post the production notes or whatever. The only part I didn't knit in the round were the sleeves, but that's because I would have got one done and not wanted to do the other and am not talented enough to do both sleeves at the same time using the magic loop technique.  Got to love a short attention span and frustration levels.  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Canon XSi/450D: Set Manual Mode (M)
Canon XSi/450D: Set Manual Focus Function
Canon XSi/450D: Set ISO Function
Canon XSi/450D: Set Format Function
Canon XSi/450D: Set Flash Function
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...