A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,119
Currently Running With Scissors:
548 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Calista's Alexander McQueen Knockoff Sweater  (Read 26695 times)
Tags for this thread: alexander_mcqueen  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Murdo
« Reply #120 on: July 22, 2007 07:22:02 AM »

Many thanks. I think my brain was having a freeze there!!!! I will cast on and swatch for a 35/medium in the round!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Murdo
« Reply #121 on: July 27, 2007 01:44:05 AM »

For the K2tog and k2togtbl stitches instead you will P2tog and P2tog tbl, P2tog where you are instructed to K2tog etc.  Instead of doing a M1, I did a M1P, basically instead of lifting the bar between the stitches from back to front, I lifted it from front to back w/the left needle and then P tbl:d the stitch.
Can I get a bit of advice folks. I am an English knitter, so want to check I have the right M1 and M1P when knitting in the round...
which of these are the M1 and M1P you refer to....
http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/basic_techniques/increase.php

Also...if knitting s/m bodice (high) in the round...would row 2 (ws) change to...21purl, 1knit 4purl 1knit 11purl 20knit etc

Many thanks for this...as soon as I know this I can get going!!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Murdo
« Reply #122 on: July 28, 2007 07:37:13 AM »

I'd really appreciate some advice, if anyone has the time. Knitting this in the round. So, I have (on ws row , changed knits to purls etc where appropriate.

BUT I have a problem.  One half of sweater... Bodice (front half)...looks fantastic...other half of knitting ie/ bodice (back half) looks great EXCEPT for cabled areas. They didn't look crisp/right. So I looked at reverse (RS) of Bodice (back) and the cables inside were perfect. Am I doing something stupid?Huh? How on earth are the cables appearing on the wrong side on one half of sweater"!!???

I thought with knitting in the round it would only be the instructions in pink (ws rows) that I changed...I didn't think I had to change the cables on one half of sweater in any way (on RS rows) am I wrong?Huh Please help as I am getting frustrated  Smiley

Is it wrong to always work charts from right to left if working in round? I can't see this making a difference on one side. Whatever it is must be cable-specific....ie/ all I can think of is I should be swapping yarn to front instead of back in some cables....rather than always doing them as they would be on straight needles?Huh.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2007 10:48:51 AM by Murdo » THIS ROCKS   Logged
calista
« Reply #123 on: July 30, 2007 01:58:33 PM »

Hi Murdo,

It is odd that suddenly the problem occurs at the half way and only one the back..
It is right to read the chart from right to left for all the rows if you are knitting in round.
Can you post a picture of the problem area? I think I can help you better if I can see the problem. =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Murdo
« Reply #124 on: July 31, 2007 12:18:44 PM »

Well...I think I have been particularly silly...as front and back identical I had two charts to mark off....but I got complacent and did it in my head.   

I "think" I knitted front (F) fine for 2 non-rib/patten chart rows. (each row is do pattern once for front bodice THEN repeat for back bodice(B)
so F1,B1 then F2,B2 etc. I think I then "jumped a row on the back section of a bodice...so went

F3, B4 then F4, B5 then F5, B6....so the front was looking fine but back out of sync. This taught me that marking off progress in two identical charts in my head is not always a good idea. Redone it and looking fabulous....up to row 9 of pattern now.!!!!!!

Thank you all for being so kind at trying to help
« Last Edit: July 31, 2007 12:20:24 PM by Murdo » THIS ROCKS   Logged
calista
« Reply #125 on: August 01, 2007 12:55:05 PM »

heehee...Murdo, I'm glad you could figure out the problem.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

almndladybug
« Reply #126 on: August 07, 2007 10:48:15 AM »

Murdo-

Glad you figured it out, I was on vacation so that's why I didn't respond...now resting up from it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
abbles
« Reply #127 on: August 16, 2007 07:01:05 AM »

hi everyone,

I'm a latecomer to this knitalong... just started Calista's sweater a few days ago. I'm using KnitPicks Swish DK- a washable (yay!!!) merino wool-- in cinnamon. I'm making the sweater in the round, and so far, so good... although I did get a bit too absorbed in Top Chef last night and made a mistake or two that I had to fix!  Tongue

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Zenissima
« Reply #128 on: September 06, 2007 05:55:32 AM »

Thanks Calista for this wonderful pattern! I had great fun knitting it (in Jaeger Extra Fine Merino DK).

For project info and photos on Ravelry:
http://www.ravelry.com/projects/Zenissima/alexander-mcqueen-knockoff

For Flickr:
http://flickr.com/photos/zenissima/1335231153/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

missknitty
« Reply #129 on: September 06, 2007 03:44:01 PM »

Aiight, now that I've got my pattern from Calista, I can begin pondering what yarn to use...mwahahaha! Man, this is such a beautiful sweater! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Sushi for Dessert
2014 Spring Dining Guide: Cappuccino and Beignets at Bayou Bakery
How to Make a Gluten Free Orange Polenta Cake
Gluten Free Blackberry Cobbler Recipe
Peanut Butter and Chocolate Semifreddo Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...