A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 302,085
Currently Running With Scissors:
559 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Convertible Mitts and matching Windy City scarf  (Read 890 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

m0rbidm00n
« on: August 29, 2006 10:47:54 AM »

I actually finished these back in June, a present for my best friend. The mittens are my own pattern, I just winged it really, considering I'd never made mittens before, let alone convertible ones. They turned out really great for a first time effort, but I fixed a few flaws in the pattern itself so next time I make these, they'll be perfect. Anyway. Done in Knit Pick's Shine in tan/turquiose/sand. The Windy City Scarf is from SnB and it was soooo simple and fast to make. Anywho.. here are some photos.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Alphanomical
Needs adjusting

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006 11:41:48 AM »

The mittens are in really lovely colours. I like the stripes too Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

miss-susan
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2006 05:27:26 PM »

You know, I just finished making a pair of convertable mittens too, and when I got to the thumb (on the second of the pair, so it was too late to do much about it), I was wondering if you are supposed to knit the thumb all the way up, or leave it open. I am glad to see that someone else finished the thumb too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
m0rbidm00n
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2006 10:37:15 PM »

You know, I just finished making a pair of convertable mittens too, and when I got to the thumb (on the second of the pair, so it was too late to do much about it), I was wondering if you are supposed to knit the thumb all the way up, or leave it open. I am glad to see that someone else finished the thumb too!

yeah i wondered about the thumb thing too, but i have a pair (that i would DIE without, i loves them) that i bought from some random store years ago and they had the thumb, so i kind of modeled it after them, i guess. Smiley

and the funny part about these mittens is that i made them for my friend and couldn't fit them during the process (because she lives in minnesota, and i escaped that hell hole years ago.. but anyway) so i fit them to my hands, but forgot that i have TINY hands so they barely fit her. the first time she tried them on they broke. haha. so i had to end up cutting out stitches and kind of just sewing a loose binding.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

m0rbidm00n
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2006 10:38:15 PM »

The mittens are in really lovely colours. I like the stripes too Smiley

thanks! i too am in love with the colors and the yarn is super nice feeling against skin (it's cotton), but it sucked to work with.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Tissue Paper Carnations
How to Make Tissue Flowers
How to Make a Bag Out of Paper
How to Make a Felted Fabric Sandwich
How to Create a Memory Map Board
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Lamp Transformation
Book Review: Handmade for Baby
Tute Tuesday: Warm Those Piggies!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...