A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,122
Currently Running With Scissors:
719 Guests and 35 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Knitty's hedera?  (Read 6371 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jazzylovetosew
obsessive knitter/crocheter

mylo: my baby

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2006 10:13:43 PM »

yes I'm finding these socks hard to get into, especially since I've had to frog back several times now  Angry

will be coming back to these in a week or so I think, need a break !
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kinkyknit
Pathological Knitter

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2006 07:41:43 AM »

OK.... I've now knit a second pair of basic socks, so I'm having another stab at Hedera...and...i'ts going OK so far  Grin .  I'm counting sts ALL the time, to avoid losing my place, but it seems to be working.  Keep your fingers crossed for me, and I'll show you a photograph of WIP later.

*edit*

Here is a work in progress picture:

I know it's a terrible picture - believe me when I tell you that the others I took were even fuzzier.  Undecided  The yarn is slightly less dull in real life - it's a sort of grey/blue.  It's not the type of thing I choose at all.  I think I must have been depressed the last time I went to the yarn shop.
Anyway, I think it's working this time....

« Last Edit: March 08, 2010 03:18:06 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

kinkyknit
Pathological Knitter

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2006 08:44:36 AM »

Right then... I've finished hedera sock #1, but I don't like it.  Sad  

I chose a really dull colour (why did I do that? it's really not "me"), and the long heel flap thing has made it quite baggy on me.  Also, even though I only did 10 pattern repeats before starting the heel flap, it's still too long for my taste.  So I'm really upset and I think I'm going to have to rip it out and make something else.  Cry
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010 03:14:05 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

80schick
Don't mess with the librarian

I love purple

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2006 10:21:06 AM »

Oh yes I'll join in if it's not too late. My daughter has been nagging me for a pair of socks and I have a lovely set of pink 4ply wool needing a project so count me in. Just finishing a snuggly mega chunky rib jumper for my husband (I'm on the last sleeve), then I shall join you ladies.

Phyl
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lepetitsoldat
« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2006 05:18:12 PM »

Well, I finally gave up looking for my lost needle, then went looking for a new set to three different Michael's before realizing that this store just hasn't caught on to sock knitting yet- they have no needlies below US #3 -so frustrating! 

So I called a smaller store and asked if they carried the dpns I was looking for, and the lady on the phone actually said "Do they even come that small?" Unbelievable. 

So, after all that, I found the right size while visiting a friend in another town this past weekend, got home and immediately prepared myself to an evening of crazy-fast knitting (to make up for all the time I have lost), and realized I had left my shopping bag at my friend's house! 

There go my plans to be wearing my socks by June!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

omystars
« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2006 11:14:29 PM »

Add me as a late entry to this knitalong!  I'm killing time in class with these.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Knit_Dork24

Do you feel crafty? Well, do ya... punk?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: May 31, 2006 04:56:35 AM »

KinkyKnit- the sock looks great. I think you should keep going!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blondes here don't jump out of cakes

http://eat-sleep-knit.blogspot.com
urbanarchaeology
« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2006 01:44:40 PM »

i bought yarn for these and one day i wil start them....i think i need a little more sock experience before i do that though. everyones looks great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

oh these squawking birds wont quit, building nothing, laying bricks
discoprincess
« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2006 12:22:14 AM »

I posted my finished image in completed projects

I did find I'd 'lose' stitches. But I don't think I dropped any. What I think it was is my yo's slipping off my needles...so in a few place I did have to pick it up on the next round....does that make sense?

I mean....they haven't come apart!

And regarding Micheals. SHEESH. They have only size 8 or 10 dpns in bamboo and few smaller metal ones....But i'm not big on metal. I found more success on ebay or just ordering online. I haven't ventured to any LYS for needles here in Van...its cheaper off the net.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

No, I was merely reading the Muggle magazines. I do love knitting patterns.
-- Dumbledore

Ravelry: disco
omly
« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2006 06:36:17 PM »

I finished mine a little bit ago, but didn't have a chance to upload a picture. Hmm the toes look sort of funny and short here, but I it is the camera angle.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Gift Wrap a CD
How to Gift Wrap Small Items
How to Wrap Gift Baskets
How to Wrap a Box Shaped Gift
How to Gift Wrap a Circular Object
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...