A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 302,376
Currently Running With Scissors:
670 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: New Interweave Knits Summer 2006 Preview Is Up  (Read 2825 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sashers
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2006 09:26:13 AM »

I just got my hands on a copy of this (convinced my college knitting group to subscribe) and I want to knit a bunch of stuff from it.  However, many summer patterns in this mag and others have lots of regions of lace or eyelets (ahem, Bonita) even in the boobage region.  What's the point of a nice summer shirt if you have to wear two layers??  Am I missing something?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MmmKnits
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2006 09:36:56 AM »

My subscription hasn't kicked in yet, sashers, so I can't comment on any of the recent IK patterns in particular. But I totally agree with you on the two-layer business. I'd love to knit something cute, light, and summery to wear to the office, but I can't stand tops where you have to wear a camisole tank underneath, and having my bra show through a lacy bodice strikes me as Highly Unprofessional (you know, unless you're *ahem* a "professional").  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sashers
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2006 06:34:09 PM »

BUT *dilemma* i like the look of the back of the marseilles sweater; but i can't see the front. so i can't choose between waiting for the magazine an deciding between that and knitty's anatolia, or just starting on anatolia. i can't afford yarn for two sweaters. and if i buy the anatolia yarn now my LYS has a sale... but, but what if marseilles is BETTER? Ohhhhh *gnaws fingernails at the unfairness of being a student*

It's exactly the same as the back.  Exactly.  Here's what it says: 

Front
Work same as for back. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ultraviolet
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2006 06:53:58 AM »

However, many summer patterns in this mag and others have lots of regions of lace or eyelets (ahem, Bonita) even in the boobage region.  What's the point of a nice summer shirt if you have to wear two layers??  Am I missing something?

I actually kind of like Bonita (though maybe not enough to actually make it) but I wouldn't wear it in the summer - I'd wear it in the spring with a camisole. Like most of the other stuff in this issue, I think it's more appropriate for spring than summer. Which makes sense, I suppose - it's probably very difficult to design sweaters for the summer.

I'm not very excited about this issue (of course I rarely like summer items from ANY knitting magazine). There are a few things I kind of like, but they would really need more shaping for me to bother making them. Why is everything in IK so shapeless and unflattering? Oh, but the Marigold Tote is cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://blog.threegoodrats.com

"Beware the lustful fires that burn in a librarian's heart. They can rage beyond all control."
starlight1221
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2006 08:44:41 PM »

I just saw this at the store today, and boy was I disappointed.  I was all excited for a few of the sweaters (Marseilles and Bonita especially), but when I got to see the big pictures in the magazine they weren't what I was expecting at all.  Bonita has all the holes on the BACK too and a bunch of embroidered flowers up and down it.  And Marseilles was way more complicated than it looked, with those big half-bobble type circle things in the middle of the diamonds.  The Pea Pod baby set looked like bubbly leaves on the site but in the mag the lines are much more harsh.  Thorn & Thistle also has a lot more texture than the web makes it seem.

So a question, does this happen often, or is it my computer that's wonky and not showing me all this important detailing? 

THIS ROCKS   Logged
ultraviolet
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2006 01:12:37 PM »

So a question, does this happen often, or is it my computer that's wonky and not showing me all this important detailing? 

I don't think it's your computer. I always get a very different impression of the projects from the preview. I've been trying to reserve judgment until I actually get the magazine because everything looks different when you can actually see it Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://blog.threegoodrats.com

"Beware the lustful fires that burn in a librarian's heart. They can rage beyond all control."
Hathaldir
I'm wossname... proverbial for it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2006 02:42:28 PM »

I think it's just that the pictures they use for their previews are so tiny, it's too hard to get any detail.
I always fall in love with something in the preview and dream about the yarn, bookmark stuff on eBay, price out my LYS, but then I'll look at the actual magazine and find my dream sweater looks blah, but something else looks so much better that it did on the web.
Haven't had a chance to look at this mag in person yet, but I like the Fairy Net Blouse, Bias Corset, Pea Pod Baby Set and well, that's it for now. Hopefully I can get it tonight after work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

knit_north
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2006 11:18:13 AM »

ok i LOVE the chunky lace shell (w bobbles down the front) designed by twinkle - it is soooo fantastic- i will have to knit it up

as the the rest: a little ho hum - oh but the marigold bag is great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Hair Styling Golden Rules
Hair Tips
Ten Styling Mistakes
Make Stylish Waves
How to Style a Faux Hawk Hairstyle
Latest Blog Articles
Tomato/Tomahto
Meatless Monday: Veggie Bolognese Sauce
Mountain Views

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...