A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,085
Currently Running With Scissors:
716 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: ARCHON: black lace back top with puffy DRAGON WINGS, shiny pvc, lightly boned :D  (Read 3799 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

the wallaby
Era of the Sea

stirring controversy with a wooden spoon

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2006 06:13:38 PM »

It might be cool to do a sort of "shadow" of a dragons head on the front of the shirt in the black pvc. That might tie it together a bit. Or even a more abstract shape would work.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I like personal swaps <3

...Oh fine!
http://www.wists.com/wallaby
writeforme
the princess Tessa

^I love him in a thousand ways.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2006 06:16:16 PM »

How incredibly amazing! I'm in awe  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Morality, like art, means drawing a line someplace." -- Oscar Wilde

11:11 am
verycrafty
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2006 01:13:39 AM »

cool!

But is it just me or does the two eyelets above the wings look a bit like eyes? Huh And the D-ring a smile? Looks in the thrid picture. Thats where i see it at. Its looks cool but I want to know if anybody else sees it. Maybe I'm just sleepy. I'm going to bed
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gloomyjewel
Queen of... uh..

Nernernerrrrr bugs in your hair :P

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2006 04:01:10 AM »

cool!

But is it just me or does the two eyelets above the wings look a bit like eyes? Huh And the D-ring a smile? Looks in the thrid picture. Thats where i see it at. Its looks cool but I want to know if anybody else sees it. Maybe I'm just sleepy. I'm going to bed

Haha you're right! Makes it look like a bat.

For the front, It'd be cool if you cut some more pvc into the shape of wings and stitched em onto the front, dunno though, might be too many wings for one top hehe.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
GraceOblivious
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2006 07:25:39 AM »

Awesome design and idea.

Another idea for the front might be to have dragon fire comeing up to consume or caress the "fabulous boobage"

or

sequins and beads for the scaly dragon belly

or dragon talons

or  flame color organza in the neck-line - raises the neckline but  can add alure & mystery

great work.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Etsy http://www.feltsewcrafty.etsy.com
Zibbet http://www.zibbet.com/aTranquilNook
Blog http://aTranquilNook.blogspot.com/
Oh how I love to Sew and Make felt
Chilan
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2006 10:11:54 AM »

That is so cool!

I am working on a big PVC dress, and I use a walking foot to sew it.  It's loud and a bit more expensive than a teflon foot.  But...  a teflon foot is meant for sewing leathers and PVC and stuff like that.  A walking foot can do that, and it is also good for sewing many layers at the same time.  So... I personally think that because it has more uses, I went with the walking foot.  Bought it with a coupon.  Smiley

I think that for the front, it would be awesome if you make inserts of some sort.  Like, cut out a shape, and back the hole with some fabric.  Like BLACK LACE!!  That would be sweet.  Like, maybe a diamond-ish shape.  One that goes from the top of the tanke to the bottom, with the point extending across the chest area... rignt about the boobs!  Risque!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

juxtagirl
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2006 11:07:33 AM »

ooh nice. id wear this to work.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sheriffkarli
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2006 12:46:29 PM »

When i saw with pvc or vinyl, i just cover the pvc with baby powder, and it runs through the machine smoothly without having to change the presser foot.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2006 12:48:37 PM by sheriffkarli » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my crafting blog and tutorials at www.madebykarli.com
platinumrexx
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2006 12:48:37 PM »

cool!

But is it just me or does the two eyelets above the wings look a bit like eyes? Huh And the D-ring a smile? Looks in the third picture. Thats where i see it at. Its looks cool but I want to know if anybody else sees it. Maybe I'm just sleepy. I'm going to bed

hehehe I didn't see that until now!  funky!

thanks for the great ideas!  i think i'm liking the idea of putting a shape or design on the front with pvc.  the flame organza also sounds wicked, as does the black lace cutouts.. oo so many ideas!!  i know these ideas are some how going to manifest in a second shirt, hehe.

ah, i read about the walking foot!  i managed to find a teflon foot on ebay, but i'm still searching for a walking foot that will fit my machine (it's pretty ancient).  i would like to find something like a zipper foot that's smooth also, because that's what i use for my boning (on other projects as well).  then, i could just mark it out, sew the line, and slip it in, but i'm uber lazy, heh heh.

i also read about some sort of stabilizer that can be temporarily attached/wiped onto the fabric.. do you know anything about this?  is it very damaging to the fabric?

thanks!!
platinumrexx
THIS ROCKS   Logged

meow
sheriffkarli
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2006 12:49:48 PM »

baby powder doesn't damage it at all, it just wipes away after you're finished sewing. I learned this tip fomr a seamstress and it's never failed me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my crafting blog and tutorials at www.madebykarli.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Apple, Sausage and Herb Stuffing Recipe
Homemade Tater Tots
Honey-Butter Roasted Yams
How to Bake a Texas Cake
Chicken and Waffles Recipes
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...