A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,507
Currently Running With Scissors:
305 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The FOC secret project round 3!! (SIGNUPS CLOSED; FIRST MAILOUT 5/31/06).  (Read 28631 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

catpants

viva la hamsterpants! may he rest in peace.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #360 on: May 27, 2006 05:18:30 PM »

Hertrigger-
I saw your comment about pictures only in the gallery and I'm not sure I like that at all.
I agree it's good to keep the chitchat down- especially off topic stuff - but a huge part of the fun of swapping for me is to get feedback on the stuff I send out and hear people say they like it. I don't think it's right to remove that.

i agree.  maybe we could limit the conversation in the gallery to *only* comments on swap packages?  i love to get feedback too, and galleries are great for post-stalking.  maybe we could just all agree to cut back on the chit chat AND make sure to PM you when we send and receive, so you won't have to hunt through the gallery to get that info from us!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bobolink
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Note the knitting pirate chalk bag!

I hate it when rocks eat my head

« Reply #361 on: May 27, 2006 05:27:49 PM »

Hertrigger-
I saw your comment about pictures only in the gallery and I'm not sure I like that at all.
I agree it's good to keep the chitchat down- especially off topic stuff - but a huge part of the fun of swapping for me is to get feedback on the stuff I send out and hear people say they like it. I don't think it's right to remove that.

i agree.  maybe we could limit the conversation in the gallery to *only* comments on swap packages?  i love to get feedback too, and galleries are great for post-stalking.  maybe we could just all agree to cut back on the chit chat AND make sure to PM you when we send and receive, so you won't have to hunt through the gallery to get that info from us!

Yeah- and I agree with cutting back on chit chat that's not related to crafting as a general rule in all threads, which is something I know Leah wants. I stopped reading updates on this thread for a while cause it was way off topic- and could have missed important swap info that way.
I organize several swaps too and I agree sometimes people don't PM you with all the info even when they should, but I feel like reading through the gallery of the swaps your organizing is part of your responsibility as the organizer.
If we just did a better job of not going way off topic into personal stuff that is in no way crafting related in every thread, this wouldn't be much of an issue. Sweets4Ever got this thread down from like 70 to around 30 posts just by removing non crafting stuff, but keeping general crafting related questions and side topics.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/Bobolink
Sorry I've been absent! Can't wait to chill with you all again Smiley
Anyone want to swap alphabet ATCs?
hercuteness
wonderfulonium

Give me a week or two to go absolutely cuckoo.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #362 on: May 27, 2006 05:53:24 PM »

*raises hand*

i'd like to say that you have all intimidated me with your talk of multiple items.  i cried some. 

but, i wanted to ask how many people use the USPS site for their mailouts instead of trekking to the post office?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

You got no fear of the underdog. . .that's why you will not survive!

PHOTOGRAPHY - It's what I do, and I'm pretty darn good.
http://www.fulltiltphotography.com/

FACEBOOK
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1261437978

MYSPACE
http://www.myspace.com/nadiacaffesse
catpants

« Reply #363 on: May 27, 2006 06:13:17 PM »

*raises hand*

i'd like to say that you have all intimidated me with your talk of multiple items.  i cried some. 

but, i wanted to ask how many people use the USPS site for their mailouts instead of trekking to the post office?

i really want to use the website, but i don't have a scale and i'm no good at estimating.  so i make the trek to the post office.  stupidly, there's one pretty close to here, but i have to go to the farther one (it's more accessible by bus). 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hertrigger

Vacation

« Reply #364 on: May 27, 2006 08:34:02 PM »

Hertrigger-

oh, no comments on the things are fine, but dont get OFF topic, because some of the galleries are like 60 pages long, and i have to go through ALL the pages to see whos posted and such.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-- thepromoshop.etsy.com

I am out of state for the month of August. All packages will be sent when I get back home!
hertrigger

Vacation

« Reply #365 on: May 27, 2006 08:35:15 PM »

*raises hand*

i use it, but i have a postal scale Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-- thepromoshop.etsy.com

I am out of state for the month of August. All packages will be sent when I get back home!
Homerof2

Loving life being a full-time wife

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #366 on: May 27, 2006 08:47:35 PM »

Quote from: hercuteness

I know exactly how you feel and I felt the same way but decided to go for quality rather than quantity.  Hopefully my partner will like that decision, too  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

irid3sc3nt

I <3 Halloween

« Reply #367 on: May 27, 2006 09:33:00 PM »

*raises hand*

I have a Mailboxes, Etc. store that I go to.  The people there all know me by now and it's such a nice atmosphere rather than going to the post office and waiting in line forever.  Plus they carry office supplies and boxes and all sorts of shipping stuff.  Heh, now when I walk in they're like: "Where's it going to today?"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy Shop
Pinterest
Current swaps: Vintage Halloween 2014, OTT October Holidays 6
I am interested in Halloween Rinchies!
catpants

« Reply #368 on: May 28, 2006 11:16:26 AM »

*raises hand*

I have a Mailboxes, Etc. store that I go to.  The people there all know me by now and it's such a nice atmosphere rather than going to the post office and waiting in line forever.  Plus they carry office supplies and boxes and all sorts of shipping stuff.  Heh, now when I walk in they're like: "Where's it going to today?"

i didn't know you could get stuff like a delivery confirmation at mailbox etc type places!!  there's a place called postal central near me... maybe i could go there instead.

also, i just want to draw everyone's attention to the new link in my signature!  i finally made myself a swap info type of page in an effort to make my FOC's life a little easier.   Wink  i'll try to keep it updated and add more as i think of it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hertrigger

Vacation

« Reply #369 on: May 28, 2006 11:18:09 AM »

i have to drop out of this swap. i got the person crafting for me to craft for the person that i was crafting for. i quit my job and i have no source of income, im still going to organize i just cant send anything out ):
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-- thepromoshop.etsy.com

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Brad Thor and Armand Schultz on Black List Interview
Brad Thor and Armand Schultz Black List
Douglas Florian Introduces the Drone Bees
ML Stedman on Her Debut Novel The Light Between Oceans
After You Die Book Trailer
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...