A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,040
Currently Running With Scissors:
625 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 39
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The FOC secret project round 3!! (SIGNUPS CLOSED; FIRST MAILOUT 5/31/06).  (Read 28061 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

onetomatotwo

(former username: kaesea)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2006 09:34:43 AM »

Of course, but hertrigger is super busy with over 40 (wow!) participants in this swap (plus all of her other duties as a Superhero Swapper!) so she does get overloaded. There will probably be even more people in the next one, so that can be overwhelming.

As this is going on, she just posted for 3 people who sent her pics, so it does happen... I'm just saying that it's not as easy as "Oh, you can't take photos? No problem -- I'll just post them for you." That's something to bear in mind when you're doing "Secret swapping" that you don't have with regular swapping.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I live on the west coast. She lives on the east coast. We discuss crafts in between. Right here: Trans-craft-inental.
TheBon

We are without leeches or wenches.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2006 09:47:25 AM »

I wonder if something to add to the questionnaire is whether or not you have the ability to post photos [if it isn't already there]. I wouldn't mind tossing a cd with a few photos on it in with my package if I knew that my partner was going to have a really hard time posting stuff. I think half the fun is seeing what everyone else made because if you can't see it, then you can't make guesses as to who is doing what! And I enjoy the home game! Just a suggestion for those in the current and future rounds.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

graphic designer, illustrator, all around nerd.

my wists!
I take pictures everywhere!
Kristen81
« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2006 10:07:53 AM »

That's a good idea!  I always forget to take pics....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WISTS!!!!      http://wists.com/KraftyKris

CHECK OUT MY SWAP BLOG:  http://kristen81.blog.ca/

WHAT'S FOR DINNER? - Recipe Blog!!!  http://kristenskitchen.blog.ca
Homerof2
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #53 on: April 22, 2006 06:51:40 AM »

I signed up a week ago but forgot to post in this thread so I could bookmark it and follow what everyone is saying.

I have a question about this secret swap - I've done many swaps before and have done secret ones but they have all been within my own country (Canada.)  How does it work with a secret swap and putting a return name and address?  I have heard that for something to cross a border into another country, it has to have the sender's name on it but if I have to put my name, I'm giving away who I am.  How did this get handled for the last 2 swaps?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kristen81
« Reply #54 on: April 22, 2006 07:28:13 AM »

I have a question about this secret swap - I've done many swaps before and have done secret ones but they have all been within my own country (Canada.)  How does it work with a secret swap and putting a return name and address?  I have heard that for something to cross a border into another country, it has to have the sender's name on it but if I have to put my name, I'm giving away who I am.  How did this get handled for the last 2 swaps?

I heard that people were putting a friend's return address on the package.  When I send my stuff out I'll put my boyfriend's name and address on the packages I think, then atleast if they get returned I can get them from his house.

If there is another way we should be doing this...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WISTS!!!!      http://wists.com/KraftyKris

CHECK OUT MY SWAP BLOG:  http://kristen81.blog.ca/

WHAT'S FOR DINNER? - Recipe Blog!!!  http://kristenskitchen.blog.ca
fluffyhelen

<3 etsy&craftster

« Reply #55 on: April 22, 2006 08:12:19 AM »

<twitches>
Must not sign up for another swap..

I'm totally up for round 4 though.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mata
« Reply #56 on: April 22, 2006 08:43:14 AM »

I heard that people were putting a friend's return address on the package.  When I send my stuff out I'll put my boyfriend's name and address on the packages I think, then atleast if they get returned I can get them from his house.

If there is another way we should be doing this...

HMMM that's an idea!!!! If I do sign up (I'm so tempted.. and there's still plenty of time!) I think my secret will not last long.. unless I put my return address in a totally different country. Which I can't do, if I want to send with DCN.  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hertrigger

Vacation

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #57 on: April 22, 2006 08:48:55 AM »

I signed up a week ago but forgot to post in this thread so I could bookmark it and follow what everyone is saying.

i put my return address and my partners address.. and with canadians i matched them up in round 2. we didnt have anyone from anywhere other than USA in round 1. or you can put your address, and not your name.. there would be a few people from canada so they might not know exactly who unless they have swapped with you before
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-- preg_replace('/(.{19})/', '$1 ', 'thepromoshop.etsy.com')

I am out of state for the month of August. All packages will be sent when I get back home!
craft_t_chic
« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2006 09:40:11 PM »

Hmmm...thanks for the tip, hertrigger! I'm thinking maybe I really should be playing the home game...now I know the Canadians are together! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I want your promo stickers...your fave local band, your etsy shop, your zine, a sticker you picked off a bar wall, or even bumper stickers! I'm covering a table & need stickers! PM me!

http://www.wists.com/craft_t_chic

Free gift with every purchase!
preg_replace('/(.{19})/', '$1 ', 'www.crafttchic.etsy.com')
teapotdnky
Tutorial Contributor

Obomaboe?

Craft or Die

« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2006 09:50:28 PM »

I was so excited about signing up that I forgot to post here. Here i am!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

Guess who's back?
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 39 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Lisa Lampanelli is Funny
Mark Palmer and Scott Solder Talks About You Need This Book
Lucy Hawking Reveals Who She Admires Most
Cassandra Clare in Bryant Park Reading Room
American Subversive Book Trailer
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...