A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,070
Currently Running With Scissors:
512 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: (slight adult content) my hubby's halloween/b-day party pics (lots)  (Read 3171 times)
Tags for this thread: halloween_party  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

FerretNose

Shine on, you crazy diamond...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: April 14, 2006 03:35:29 PM »

My hubby Chris' birthday is just a few days before Halloween, so we always have a combo party. But this past year, I actually did way more than put out a pumpkin and spiderwebs and doritos. Here's the results- we had a blast!

First of all, he wanted... ahem... a booby cake. Which, for some reason, my mother has the molds for. So she made it. It's strawberry cake with cream cheese frosting, with pink frosting for the areola and a candied cherry for the nips. I had to make it fit in with halloween, so there are ants crawling up the boobs. It was dubbed the "dead hooker" cake:

This is thre mantlepiece. There are deep burgundy candles, a doll I'll show you next, a fake scary painting, and the scarf is a shawl I got for a buck:

This is the doll from the mantle. Found her at Goodwill for 3 bucks. She was wearing a pink stained Victorian gown. I dyed it black with rit dye, and put a tiny cameo at her throat. She also has a tiny rosary but you can't see it here. I made the veiled bonnet. I think next year when I put her out, I'll remove her eyes for extra creepiness:

This is the painting above the mantle. It's "Blue Boy" but with a skeletal face and bats- has a plastic frame of skulls. Got it for 5 bucks:

I had these all over the place with truffles and candy corn. Plastic marguerita glasses with black tulle, purple ribbon, and plastic bat ring coated in glue then glittered:

Next is the main table. Amongst the food are copies of famous Victorian ghost and spiritist photos. i had them scattered all over the house, along with black and whites of Bella Lugosi and other old horror actors. In the center, a glass vase with red velvet roses that i spritzed with black spray paint. You can see the boob cake at the back of the table:

Finally, here is the outside table. The sign was made using stencils and flourescent paint. There was a flourescent lightbulb above, but I'm a dipstick and forgot to take pics with it on at dark:

There were other decorations, but these were the biggies. Hope yall like it! hope i don't get my arse kicked for uploading so many pics!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2006 12:08:48 PM by FerretNose » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I wanna trade ATC's!

My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ferretnose/
clarissa.marie
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2006 04:15:46 PM »

Haha, thats awesome!
I love it all
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Suddenly I see,
This is what I want to be <3
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Supervillain Origins: Rhino
How to Draw Zack Fair
How to Draw Near of Death Note
Supervillain Origins: The Vulture
Supervillain Origins: The Lizard
Latest Blog Articles
April 17, 2015 Featured Projects
@Home This Weekend: Upcycled Mini-Cabinet
Laundry Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...