A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 296,743
Currently Running With Scissors:
430 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Beginner crocheter idea?  (Read 6584 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

CraftyCoug

Croquet at Molbaks

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2006 10:58:33 PM »

I may donate my hook holder to my mother since she has a similar problem (not on the coffee table, but in many places around the house).  I would just make another one for her, but I found this really cool pattern in the McCall book the other day.  It's #5120 or something like it and is designed to hold all of your hooks and needles and other such notions!  I think that's more what I need since I have an aray of needle craft things and will probably keep buying Smiley

Also, I have started crocheting out of the Stitch-n-Bitch crochet book "The Happy Hooker."  It's awesome.  I think it is pretty helpful on learning and understanding the basics.  It also has great patterns in it.  I like to consider myself a fairly experienced hooker and was frustrated to see how much of the book is devoted to those basic things, but I started reading it and it's more helpful and fun to read than I expected!  It's only $16 (US), so for what you get it's not that bad. 

juanitatortilla, crocheting flowers can be a pain in the butt sometimes, but once you get the hang of those, you should be pretty well on your way!  That bag you were looking at would probably be good for you to start off with even if you just used some chunky yarn instead of plastic bags.  Plus who wants to risk paper (or plastic) cutting themselves with all of that stuff?  Maybe that's just me, though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm down w/ a personal swap now and then!  PM me!

www.craftycougknits .blogspot.com
hooklinensinker
« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2006 04:51:27 PM »

Grin I just got through learning the first five stitches in "happy hooker" -- this sounds like a fun craft along. Count me in!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
katebug48
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2006 08:02:35 PM »

I've never done a circular thing before, only a couple of blocks. So, I don't know if I can do this. I'll try and see if i can get the hang of it.
Anyway, thanks a lot for looking up for the pattern. If anyone else are interested pls go ahead. Smiley

Once you start, you'll totally get the hang of it.  I still enjoy crocheting 'in the round' much more than standard straight stitches.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
malgudi

a puppy is but a dog, + high spirits - commonsense

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2006 04:26:01 PM »

Hey Katebug48, I still haven't got around to crocheting in the round... been avoiding it like plague  Undecided  for no apparent reason... probably  a mental block or something...
Thanks a bunch for the encouraging words Smiley.
I'll definitely give it a try and see how it goes before the New year is in.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
wifeofbath

Tiber Swim Team

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2006 04:11:39 PM »

I just wanted to say thanks to CraftyCoug for sharing this. I saw it a few nights ago and decided it would be perfect for some cheapo thrift store yarn I'd picked up so I must make it. (God knows why, considering I purchased a great fabric remnant specially to sew a crochet hook case last winter.  Roll Eyes) I finished all but the pocket that day; I ended up doing the pocket differently-- I made one tall pocket for big hooks and two small  square ones--but I probably should have just done it the recommended way. Still, it's done and it's functional, so my hooks are now together.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"An old cloak makes a new jerkin..." (Wm Shakespeare, recycling and DIY enthusiast)
CraftyCoug

Croquet at Molbaks

« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2006 10:47:25 PM »

Glad you like it!  My hooks migrated to a new home in my craft tote that houses all of my crafting stuff. 

And, if you got such great fabric, what about tacking it to the outside of the crocheted hook holder?  That way it looks pretty and you don't have to make all those little pockets since that's all crocheted inside!

I am a sucker for very cute fabric.  I limit myself to the remnants, but even that is a great thing cause it's just the right amount for tons of projects!  Though, why I bought sheer black polyester w/ some floral design tacked on made from the same material (know what I mean?) I still don't know...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rented_angel
« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2007 10:50:32 PM »

I've been watching this for a while...but kept putting off motivating.  Smiley  I hope it isn't too late to post my finished project which I made this afternoon.

Here's it is all shut...

And here is is open...

I am pretty happy with how it turned out..and that it went so quickly.  Now I have no excuse not to be organized with my crocheting needles.  Tongue

elizabeth
THIS ROCKS   Logged
wifeofbath

Tiber Swim Team

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2007 08:02:54 AM »

That's cute. The stitch markers look interesting too.

If anyone else is thinking of making this, it's a quick, easy, useful project that would make a nice gift for a fellow crocheter; it's probably especially nice for people who use a lot of steel hooks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"An old cloak makes a new jerkin..." (Wm Shakespeare, recycling and DIY enthusiast)
sarahpanda
« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2007 10:23:11 AM »

omg! I might have to give that a try--I was planning to make a different crochet hook case but this one is cuter!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

stitchypanda.etsy.c om
gmail chat: sarahpanda
CraftyCoug

Croquet at Molbaks

« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2007 05:03:36 PM »

You know, I thought it would really be best for steel hooks, too.  Then I started putting mine in and it fit everything I've got!  My largest is only N, but it only took a little extra pushing to make it work.  I don't know that a P or Q would fit, though. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Photograph in Infra Red.
How to Use Positive and Negative Space
How to Select What goes in the Image
How to Create a Sunstar Effect in Camera Part 1/2
How to Take a Beautiful Cityscape Part 1/2
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...