A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 296,664
Currently Running With Scissors:
614 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Around the World, Around the World x2 CD swap, Signups 4/14 - 4/28, send by 5/12  (Read 4431 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

EmilyFlew
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

..sweets4ever is so rad..

View Profile WWW
« on: April 14, 2006 07:26:51 AM »

OK, party people, here's a little culture in your ear! This is a swap of mix CDs featuring as many different languages as you can fit on there. And to make it a little more crafty/educational, let's also send decorated CD cases and a little gift from your hometown. You'll be sending to TWO people and receiving from two people, so extra music for everyone!

Swap name: Around the World CD swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: EmilyFlew
Sign-up date range: April 14 through April 28
Date to send item by: May 12

Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): nah, bring it on.

Non-U.S. participants allowed? Definitely. Be willing to ship outside your country though.

All ages allowed? Or 18+? All ages.

Organizer is aware of current list of "suspended traders"
list and will not allow those members to participate: YES/NO Yes, I'll be checking all feedback carefully and checking with you about any unusual or problematic feedback from the past.

Organizer meets the 4 conditions for swapping and will make sure that every participant meets these conditions: YES/NO YES

Details of swap:
Get ready to send to two different people:
1 mix CD (check with your partner to see what file format they prefer) with only songs that are not in English. Try to put as many different languages on as you can!
1 decorated CD case
1 little gift from your hometown or where you live now. (something small like a keychain, magnet, pamphlet, etc. Either crafted or bought is OK)

Requirements:
I'll check in with everyone once after I post partners and once a couple of days before the send deadline. If you don't respond in 2 days, I'll be suspending you from the swap. When you PM me to sign up, please let me know if you're not able to check craftster every few days and if you'd prefer if I checked in via email.
I'm also requiring that everyone touch base at least once with your partners when you get your partner assignments.
Sending late/not being in contact/not keeping me updated if something goes wrong WILL result in a note on your feedback! Just let me know if something's going on that is hindering your swapping! That's all I ask!  Smiley

If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap
Craftster username
Email address
Your real name
Mailing address
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside of your country?
Any music you really love or really hate?
Anything that would offend you to receive? (eg religious songs, swear words in other languages, etc.)
Any allergies or sensitivities to smell or materials that your partner should know about? (eg allergic to smoke, wool, purfume, etc.)
Anything else that we should know?
Are you able to take and post digital pictures?

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Let me know if you have any questions!

PARTNERS LIST:

albarinos: sending to ane and MartiniMonsters, SENT--thanks! MartiniMonsters received! ane received!

hoxierice: sending to bubba*tink and TheRehn, SENT--thanks! bubba*tink received! TheRehn received!

madness: sending to Betenoir and SparroWinter, SENT--thanks! Betenoir received! SparroWinter received!

SparroWinter: sending to mata, SENT--thanks! Mata Received!

ane: sending to albarinos and MartiniMonsters, SENT--thanks! albarinos received! MartiniMonsters received!

PinkMafia: sending to EmilyFlew and bronzecase, SENT--thanks! EmilyFlew received! bronzecase received!

bronzecase: sending to EmilyFlew and PinkMafia, SENT--thanks! EmilyFlew received! PinkMafia received!

bubba*tink: sending to hoxierice and TheRehn, SENT--thanks! Hoxierice received! TheRehn received!

mata: sending to Kitten Wrangler and betenoir, SENT--thanks! Betenoir received! Kitten Wrangler received!

Kitten Wrangler: sending mata and MyRedUmbrella, SENT-thanks! MyRedUmbrella received! mata received!

Betenoir: sending to madness and MyRedUmbrella, SENT--thanks! MyRedUmbrella received! Madness received!

TheRehn: sending to bubba*tink and hoxierice, SENT--thanks! bubba*tink received! Hoxierice received!

MartiniMonsters: sending to ane and albarinos, SENT-thanks! ane received! albarinos received!

MyRedUmbrella: sending to Kitten Wrangler and madness, SENT--thanks! Kitten Wrangler received! madness received!

EmilyFlew: sending to bronzecase and PinkMafia, SENT, bronzecase received! PinkMafia received!
« Last Edit: June 10, 2006 08:45:22 AM by EmilyFlew » THIS ROCKS   Logged

technocutie, handmade iPod cases and felt accoutrements
thoughts and days.

I <3 the mod squad ladies!
hoxierice

Who knew tailoring was so much fun?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2006 08:01:52 AM »

I did it, I am ready!

Now for a craft from my hometown or where I live now Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Goodbye Tucson! I will miss how everything dried so quickly!
PinkMafia

Let your sparkle shine...

Recovering swap addict

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2006 02:39:57 PM »

Can we send to more than one person so we can receive a bunch of music? Either way I'm in. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crafty chica...burlesque performer....costum e maven.
EmilyFlew

..sweets4ever is so rad..

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2006 02:43:29 PM »

ooh, yeah, I didn't even think about that! Great idea. I'll change it to sending to two people, unless people tell me that's too much shipping!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

technocutie, handmade iPod cases and felt accoutrements
thoughts and days.

I <3 the mod squad ladies!
bronzecase

"Do crafts, not drugs!" - That 70's Show

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2006 12:02:15 AM »

I'm so glad that this swap was organized! I have such an eclectic range of music--from Japanese to Celtic to Hindi!
I can't wait to see (er, hear) all the music that everyone comes up with. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mistresscandace

make crafts, not war

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2006 08:09:59 AM »

I'm really interested, but I don't know what my schedule looks like right now.  So... I'll bookmark it and keep an eye on this thread.   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SparroWinter
Androgynous scarf-knitter

Always twirling twirling twirling towards freedom.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2006 11:48:04 AM »

No offense, but it might have been nice if you ran the changed rules by the people who'd already signed up first, instead of just changing it arbitrarily. I'm pretty sure I signed up before that rule was changed, as I don't remember seeing it there, and I do read over things carefully. (Though I may be mistaken. If I'm wrong, then I apologize for sounding all harsh.) I'm not so sure I can handle the shipping to two different people. One would have been fine, but two is probably going to be a bit much for me, personally. (As much as I'd like to get more music too, my budget is limited, and shipping is expensive.) So unless it's for just 1 CD, I'll have to drop out of this swap, unfortunately.

However, you could keep track of those who are willing to send out two CDs, and have those people send to the others who send out 2 CDs, to make it fair on all of us. Just a suggestion, of course.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2006 11:56:21 AM by SparroWinter » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Projects in Progress - Branching Out scarf
 - Numerous knitted blanket squares

Just Finished - Midnight scarf
 - Falliage scarf
 - Basketweave Baby Blanket
PinkMafia

Recovering swap addict

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2006 11:59:59 AM »

It will probably cost $.75 to mail a cd. YOu don;t have to send priority or anything. If that is still too much for you then one is good for me. I don't want anyone dropping out. Its up to our lovely organizer, Emily Flew.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SparroWinter
Androgynous scarf-knitter

Always twirling twirling twirling towards freedom.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2006 01:18:16 PM »

Sadly, it costs more than that around here to just get a stamp for an ordinary letter. Prices of mailing stuff have gone sky-high lately! It's insane!

Stupid postal service.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Projects in Progress - Branching Out scarf
 - Numerous knitted blanket squares

Just Finished - Midnight scarf
 - Falliage scarf
 - Basketweave Baby Blanket
PinkMafia

Recovering swap addict

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2006 05:57:30 PM »

I didn't realize you were in Canada. Maybe those who don't mind sending two can and those who only want to send one can? Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Seed Balls for The Garden
How to Make a Craft Bendy Rainbow Picture
How to Make a Craft Bottle Cap Buddy Magnet
How to Make a Craft Hot Air Balloon
How to Make Scented Play Dough
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...