A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 300,935
Currently Running With Scissors:
643 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Doctor Who, anyone?  (Read 5589 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

redheadedali

I don't know what that means. - Brennan

View Profile
« on: April 13, 2006 03:41:30 PM »

So I never went out of my way to watch Doctor Who on our PBS station, because, quite frankly, it looked dorky, but now the bf and I have started watching the new Doctor Who on the Sci Fi Channel, and I am hooked. Would anyone be in for a Doctor swap? I would be willing to organize, but it would be a while - like, June, when I'm off work the for the summer. But maybe that would be good, since the first series would be finished here in the States by then?

Any takers?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

This is why I suggested attack dogs, but no, my mother wanted an alpaca.- Logan, Veronica Mars

http://redheadedali.livejournal.com
jp197012
JP

me on my wedding day

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006 08:31:35 PM »

i wouldn't mind joining in Smiley  i'm anxiously awaiting a young ones swap to take place (hopefully), but that should be over by june.  still a newbie so i can only do one at a time.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Inara
I am cute little bunny. I pose no threat to society

It's hard to work in groups when you're omnipotent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006 10:37:18 PM »

This sounds awesome!!!

I've never done a swap before, but for this I might just have to join in - I loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove Dr. Who!  June would work well for me, especially late June to get me pumped up for the projected DVD release date of the new series. (if I don't give in and order the UK release before then Wink ).  Having been a fan since childhood (my dad's from the UK, so he's watched it since the very beginning and I've actually been lucky enough to have watched some of the Seventh Doctor on the BBC), I'd love the chance to fill in some newer fans on the exploits of some of the previous doctors, or get appropriately giggly over old favorites with long-time fans.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sleep beckons. Also waves. Also makes threatening gestures and hops up and down until I notice. - Neil Gaiman

http://effulgentstudios.etsy.com
http://inara-knits.blogspot.com
KniT-cHIck
the nightmare from the high street! :D

I want to marry The Horrors..

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2006 12:29:37 PM »

I would absolutely love to take part in  a doctor who swap- that is.. if i have time! i am based in the U.K and watch doctor who every week! It is cool!
YAYAYAY! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rawwwr... crazed girl high on smarties attack!
eulalia

Diva-in-Training

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2006 11:15:03 AM »

I would join! Just a question though, would there be a no scarf rule? Somehow I have this vision of everyone opening their swap box with anticipation, and finding a scarf nearly identical to the one they sent.  XD
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Inara
I am cute little bunny. I pose no threat to society

It's hard to work in groups when you're omnipotent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2006 02:55:46 PM »

I would join! Just a question though, would there be a no scarf rule? Somehow I have this vision of everyone opening their swap box with anticipation, and finding a scarf nearly identical to the one they sent.  XD

Agreed - the scarf's kind of obvious, although those who aren't knitters might be interested.  Conversely, those who never saw the Fourth Doctor might just open the package and go 'The hell?'. Right up there with the Fifth's celery thing or the Second and his recorder.

Of course, there's also the time limit factor...I've never made a Fourth Doctor scarf that took less than two months.

The BBC pattern book that came out sometime in the 80s is supposed to have a lot of cool ideas, but I've never quite been able to get my hands on one - I know it has the scarf pattern and a TARDIS sleeping bag, but I wonder if there's any smaller projects?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sleep beckons. Also waves. Also makes threatening gestures and hops up and down until I notice. - Neil Gaiman

http://effulgentstudios.etsy.com
http://inara-knits.blogspot.com
jp197012
JP

me on my wedding day

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2006 03:32:29 PM »

i only came in on the 5th doctor because i thought he was cute  Roll Eyes  then stopped watching when he changed.  fortunately my husband's a die hard sci-fi fan and quickly set me straight on what i was missing.

we were downloading the new series before it was shown here in the US.  i liked the holiday episode to introduce the new doctor, but it just made me realize how much i missed watching it!

(sigh)  not that long until june Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

iqjones
Who's house? Run's house!

Trying to keep it gold...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2006 08:42:37 PM »

I started watching the new series on CBC last year-- LOVE Canadian television!!!
 I want to do this!!!
I have a Dr. Who ringtone:)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

All the goo we use, reviewed!
http://brainybeautys.blogspot.com
Writer78
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2006 09:53:53 AM »

**faints at the thought of Christopher Eccelston**

I watched some of Dr. 6 and Dr. 7 when I was a kid.  My sister just reintroduced me to this show, and Dr. 9 is *mine*!!!   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

redheadedali

I don't know what that means. - Brennan

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2006 02:56:45 PM »

Hey, dudes -

OK, I haven't forgotten about this; I've just been out of pocket a bit. Stupid life getting in the way of crafting  Roll Eyes.

Anyway, now that they have finished showing series 1 on Sci Fi *sniff*, I thought I'd put this forth: 1) do y'all still want to do a Who swap and 2)would you like to do it now or after series 2 starts showing over here so we Yanks can get to know the Tenth Doctor a bit first? Based on what I have seen online, which may or may not be reliable, they're going to start running series 2 in October. (I am probably going to try to download some bootleg series 2 episodes from online, but I realize not everyone is that freakishly obsesse- I MEAN dedicated Wink. And I won't even feel guilty about it, considering how *crazy expensive* the series one DVDs I pre-ordered were).

Anyway, thoughts?

Alison, mourning the loss of Christopher but trying to keep an open mind for David, who is really the whole reason she started watchng Doctor Who in the first place
THIS ROCKS   Logged

This is why I suggested attack dogs, but no, my mother wanted an alpaca.- Logan, Veronica Mars

http://redheadedali.livejournal.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw the Graffiti Letter A
What Is Graffiti Blockbuster Style
How to Draw the Graffiti Letter G
How to Draw the Graffiti Letter H
How to Draw the Graffiti Letter I
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...