A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 304,765
Currently Running With Scissors:
682 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: lost my mojo  (Read 985 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

chrispykreme
« on: April 12, 2006 03:34:45 PM »

what do you do when you loose your mojo? i haven't knitted since january. i went to town like a wild lady building up to christmas and I just hit a creative dry spell. I finally picked up a camera bag I am trying to finish last night, for the first time in over 2 months. So, maybe I am on the mend.

Maybe it's not just knitting, I think work got to be too draining that I didn't want to craft at all. GASP! I found myself just "browsing" craftster instead of reading all my normal topics. Any cures? inspiration? Am I alone?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftykate
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2006 03:40:24 PM »

I usually seem to get burned out when I've been making a lot of stuff for others, like after the holidays. So to get back in the swing of things I will pick a project that's just for me. I'll find a pattern I absolutely love and splurge a little on yarn. being a little selfish can be a good thing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://craftykate.etsy.com

Yep, it's a knit blog
http://craftykate-knits.blogspot.com/

wanna trade? I heart personal swaps.
Nuno930
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2006 03:47:54 PM »

I've lost my mojo too.  I kept telling myself I'd get back into the swing of things when the new Knitty came out (so was my excuse) but since I didn't see anything I liked that is dead... I have all these projects in my head but I just can't find the will to make them.  I need some bottled mojo. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Duckie

Fifty-seven academics just punched the air.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2006 05:26:26 PM »

What about trying something new, like lace or beads or designing your own pattern?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
decline2state
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2006 06:38:04 PM »

i lost it too, it started with the knitting olympics - I didn't finish.  Then struggled to finish the Odessa from Magknits which I came to the conclusion that i really suck at hats. And now, i just don't want to start anything, despite the fact that I am surrounded by yarn.

my mojo is gone, you are not alone.

-Julie
THIS ROCKS   Logged
eulalia

Diva-in-Training

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2006 08:15:21 PM »

I think you should go pick a great small pattern for yourself, nothing too hard/complicated/long, and splurge a bit on a nice yarn with pretty colors.
Something just for you, that will make you feel good and motivated to finish it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
awtrlilee
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2006 05:15:30 AM »

I've been walking around for weeks saying exactly this!  I've lost my mojo, too!  I'm slowly getting out of it but still not knitting nearly as much as I was before...but I still like to buy yarn-I haven't lost that mojo.

(And yes, it's been like 2 months since I've been here, too!   I didn't realize how sad it was until I came back and saw all that i've missed!  Maybe now that the new knitty is up with tons of super cute things, maybe it shall cure the both of us!)

Good luck, man...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BlondieKate

^^^I wish!!^^^

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2006 06:48:35 AM »

I haven't done much knitting since KO.  Hasn't stopped me from buying yarn, however!

But yeah, just in a "eh" mood.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
knottyknitter
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2006 11:54:59 AM »

i couldn't knit fo ralmost two months after the holidays.....so i lost my mojo too for a while.....i recently found craftster a few months ago, and everyone here has been more than an inspiration!!!    i,ve made a baby blanket, and am now on my second......along with a few other things!!   keep your head up and it will come back to you!!!!   think of something very spring like that you could do, like a hanger for a plant maybe!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lhackett
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2006 12:10:11 PM »

I lose my mojo sometimes, too...

I have a very short attn span which leads to TONS of uncompleted projects, and I spend sooo much money on my crafts!!

I do two things - pick up a new craft (I started drawing and painting w/watercolors and watercolor pencils) and it will lead me back to my old loves eventually.

Also, being in swaps really helps me be creative and productive. The finished project is not for me and I have a deadline on it, so it helps me get it done.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Lindsay is equipped with some very nice options." -googlism.com

www.myspace.com/idonthaveatattoo
www.wists.com/lhackett
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Introducing Dress to Kill
How to Rock the Statement Coat
How to Rock the Seventies-Inspired Platform Heel
Did Miranda Kerr Have the Most Stylish Weekend Ever?
Rihanna Reveals River Island Holiday Collection
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...